List Mgmt. 2022 GWS GIANTS List Management (Trade/ Free Agency/ Draft/ Academy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Plz not soldo
Caruso mentioned today that they would not be targeting any rucks. I know he's in drafting but he was talking about trades and picks. I think we are safe from the Soldo nonsense.
Kingsley must have a list of players he thinks he might be able to pry out of VIC

Caruso mentioned today that they would not be targeting any rucks. I know he's in drafting but he was talking about trades and picks. I think we are safe from the Soldo nonsense.
Kingsley must have a list of players he thinks he might be able to pry out of VIC
Is the Caruso interview avaliable anywhere?

Only issues with Wardlaw which I think is holding me back is that midfield just isn't a position of need right now and especially an inside contested ball style mid, if he's happy to wait his turn a bit when it comes to being given a full midfield role and is able to impact the game effectively in another position then I'd feel more comfortable, just don't know if I can go through picking up another gun mid that can't crack the midfield then wanting to leave after a couple years, if there was more security (which is obviously impossible to get) then I'd feel better about it but it's a risk I feel less comfortable with then the others.
Always trade out a midfielder for a good pick. Internal competition within in the club is not a bad thing

I recon they should trade Graham in the Hopper deal. He looks like a honest hard tuning club player. An honest player hard working a bit like Perryman, but not as good a pick. Also he may help Kingsley drive the standards, adopt the plan he wants.
Sorry meant not as good a kick as Perryman

I recon they should trade Graham in the Hopper deal. He looks like a honest hard tuning club player. An honest player hard working a bit like Perryman, but not as good a pick. Also he may help Kingsley drive the standards, adopt the plan he wants.
I'm not a Jack Graham fan at all really, think he's pretty overrated and would clog up space in the midfield from the others guys to go through there. Good defensive player but not really a damaging offensive player, think our midfield mix is fine unless we're really adding speed in there and he isn't that type.

Plz not soldo
images

Honestly wouldn't mind Castanga in a return for Hopper not at the expense of a decent pick but if it was between him and Soldo I'd take Castanga, he obviously has limitations as a goal kicker but one of the hardest nuts and best pressure players in that small forward position in the competition. He's not perfect by any means but he's a real team first type player willing to do all the little things that not many guys are. At his best he was 25-30 goals a year with elite pressure and all the little things, people talk about wanting team first and more selflessness he's exactly that imo.

can I quote your discussion about Soldo on our the richmond board?
there's a misconception about your ruck needs and Soldo somehow filling that need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly wouldn't mind Castanga in a return for Hopper not at the expense of a decent pick but if it was between him and Soldo I'd take Castanga, he obviously has limitations as a goal kicker but one of the hardest nuts and best pressure players in that small forward position in the competition. He's not perfect by any means but he's a real team first type player willing to do all the little things that not many guys are. At his best he was 25-30 goals a year with elite pressure and all the little things, people talk about wanting team first and more selflessness he's exactly that imo.
Agree he must be the pick of the bunch

Adding Sheezel and Charlie Clarke would be really cool because then we'd have 3 Sandy boys with Finn as well that all would've played together last year and are probably mates which gives us a better chance at retention, Brissy famously did this for a few years and it's worked pretty damn well

So, we've lost Timmy, and presumably will lose Hopper, two inside mids.

What are people's thoughts on matching any bid for Harry Rowston?

My thought would be that our problem is less having too many inside mids, it's having too many that we play in first grade (rather than having a better balanced team & one or two of those inside mids in the seconds). We still need back-ups to cover for injuries, and Rowston would seem to fit that bill; plus he can play forward and find the goals ... along with being an academy kid so ticking that box. We have some later picks that will help cover the points; if we don't have enough could likely do a draft night trade using a future third or fourth rounder, and worst case we could put some points into next year.

Thoughts, contrary views? Especially, if we get a player in the trade for Hopper, given who Tigers might be willing to let go, does that impact the decision on Rowston? (Or conversely, impact who we'd accept?)

My thought would be that our problem is less having too many inside mids, it's having too many that we play in first grade (rather than having a better balanced team & one or two of those inside mids in the seconds). We still need back-ups to cover for injuries, and Rowston would seem to fit that bill; plus he can play forward and find the goals ... along with being an academy kid so ticking that box. We have some later picks that will help cover the points; if we don't have enough could likely do a draft night trade using a future third or fourth rounder, and worst case we could put some points into next year.

Thoughts, contrary views? Especially, if we get a player in the trade for Hopper, given who Tigers might be willing to let go, does that impact the decision on Rowston? (Or conversely, impact who we'd accept?)
I suppose it depends on where the bid on him comes. Thoughts on where that may land?

Happy with the balance of the mids now. Just have to remember is we will have the number one inside mid in the comp in 2 years time Tom Green. If we add Rowston a 'local' academy boy I would be happy with that! Perryman, Coniglio, Ward can all play inside mid while we wait on Stone, Callaghan etc to develop

Happy with the balance of the mids now. Just have to remember is we will have the number one inside mid in the comp in 2 years time Tom Green. If we add Rowston a 'local' academy boy I would be happy with that! Perryman, Coniglio, Ward can all play inside mid while we wait on Stone, Callaghan etc to develop
Stone is an absolute smokey to be a to level mid. We just haven't seen it yet. He has the size and pace and we have seen his skills at work in the forward line.

Tis a vibe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back