List Mgmt. 2022 GWS GIANTS List Management (Trade/ Free Agency/ Draft/ Academy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Playstation trade to help out Port, Eagles & Norths:

GWS trade #12 to Port for Todd Marshall (finally hitting his straps as a 24-year-old, welcome back to NSW). No need for Cadman.
That allows Port to trade #8 + #12 to WCE for #2. WCE could potentially draft both Busslinger & Hewett at those picks.
Port trade #2 & Future 1st to Norths for JHF.

Norths likely to take Cadman & Wardlaw; leaves us to take Sheezel or if we perceive he's a flight risk Tsatas or Mackenzie.

But if Sheezel at #3, we take Hollands if still there at #15, and we have Marshall as an experienced KPF. Two guys who can make an immediate impact, plus a quality mid to develop. If not Hollands, then Olli Hotton, or Lachlan Cowan. And still have #19 for someone.
As a totally unbiased supporter to your proposal , Port wont trade marshall for #12 and this year he has shown he is worth more than that
24 year old KPF that was a 1st round pick with 80 games. He would be worth #3 or at worst same as taranto #12+#19

If Marshall was a GWS player im sure you would expect same

Eagles wont trade #2+Rioli for #8+F1
They will want more and rightfully so
they will have to offer a player plus another later pick
They would be getting screwed in that scenario.
Port will likely do pretty well next year.
2 and Rioli for 8 and 10ish is a mile off

Far out these media vultures are desperate for headlines.

“However Browne immediately followed that up with: “I've checked with sources directly aligned to Greene tonight, there’s no prospect of a trade, there’s no prospect of a trade for Greene this period.”

So literally nothing to report.

"Hopper is contracted for next year but as the Giants push for a greater trade return and also uses this period to clear the decks for its salary cap, it is understood the club would also be open to conversations on Lachie Whitfield and Nick Haynes."

If true that would do me, I've already spent 50+ years supporting a train wreck, I don't need two.

Hopefully just more media BS

Few interesting snippets here ... if you believe them

If that doesn’t tell you guys Cadman is the man I don’t know what will. Melbourne have the sharpest recruitment team in the business. It would be most unfortunate if they got in ahead of us given all our draft capital and desperate need for a KPF.

Playstation trade to help out Port, Eagles & Norths:

GWS trade #12 to Port for Todd Marshall (finally hitting his straps as a 24-year-old, welcome back to NSW). No need for Cadman.
That allows Port to trade #8 + #12 to WCE for #2. WCE could potentially draft both Busslinger & Hewett at those picks.
Port trade #2 & Future 1st to Norths for JHF.

Norths likely to take Cadman & Wardlaw; leaves us to take Sheezel or if we perceive he's a flight risk Tsatas or Mackenzie.

But if Sheezel at #3, we take Hollands if still there at #15, and we have Marshall as an experienced KPF. Two guys who can make an immediate impact, plus a quality mid to develop. If not Hollands, then Olli Hotton, or Lachlan Cowan. And still have #19 for someone.
If they overlook Sheezel and go for Tsatas instead as the outside mid/wing type that defintely adds some different to our midfield mix, he might be able to replace what Ash gives them in the midfield but actually be good at it so it can mean Ash and move back to halfback. Still opportunities to add small/mid sized forwards a bit later on with Konstanty, Charlie Clarke or George as well, if they miss out on Cadman as well taking someone like Keeler at 19 would be a great pick imo, he's such an incredible athlete for a guy his size and could be our KPF of the future. How many big guys can do things like this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If correct would expect pick 31 would end up also getting Bedford so outcome would end up being future 1st, Soldo and Bedford for Hopper.
But Edmund reported on SEN Mornings that the Hopper deal is expected to get done with Soldo heading to the Giants along with pick 31 and a future first-round selection.

If correct would expect pick 31 would end up also getting Bedford so outcome would end up being future 1st, Soldo and Bedford for Hopper.

I reckon 31 for Bedford is a bit rich but given we find it so hard to recruit anyone of quality and are used to getting mugged on player in deals I guess we just bend over again and hand them the vaseline.

I think you're right.
The deal for Taranto and Hopper probably has more immediate upside for Richmond, but the future first will be valuable.
31 is overs for Bedford but I think Melbourne are a bit sore on losing required players and need to generate something positive.

Maybe 31 for Bedford with a later picking coming back, 31 on it's own seems like a touch of an overpay

Maybe 31 for Bedford with a later picking coming back, 31 on it's own seems like a touch of an overpay
Hopefully a future pick given our draft hand at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back