List Mgmt. 2022 GWS GIANTS List Management (Trade/ Free Agency/ Draft/ Academy)

Remove this Banner Ad

If they're still asking for different guys then the report that came out before about Soldo being the agreed upon piece is obviously rubbish and maybe negotiations aren't as far down the line as we thought and maybe it's a bit more open then we thought. With the way our picks are set up I'd be fine with just doing the first + Ralphsmith we can pretty easily pick up a pick in the 30s if we need it through trading down from one of our picks this year or moving a future pick to get more into this draft. If we stand pat and don't move any picks are we really going to use 30 anyway if it's not chewed up in the Rowston bid? 3, 12, 15, 19 + Rowston is already 5 players, would we really need a 6th?

If they're still asking for different guys then the report that came out before about Soldo being the agreed upon piece is obviously rubbish and may negotiations aren't as far down the line as we thought and maybe it's a bit more open then we thought. With the way our picks are set up I'd be fine with just doing the first + Ralphsmith we can pretty easily pick up a pick in the 30s if we need it through trading down from one of our picks this year or moving a future pick to get more into this draft. If we stand pat and don't move any picks are we really going to use 30 anyway if it's not chewed up in the Rowston bid? 3, 12, 15, 19 + Rowston is already 5 players, would we really need a 6th?
Yeah I agree. There is no reason for us to go after 30...it's just being talked about because it's there. We don't need it...at all. Even if we send picks out for players (doesn't seem to be happening)
Melbourne will take 43 for Bedford.
Ralphsmith and future first for Hopper.
Good deal

SOLDO MEETS WITH GIANTS​

RICHMOND ruckman Ivan Soldo has done a medical with Greater Western Sydney, after meeting with the club in recent days to discuss a potential reunion with new coach Adam Kingsley.

It's understood the contracted Soldo met with Giants officials while returning to his hometown of Canberra for an off-season holiday, with the club stepping up its interest in the 204cm big man.

The involvement of Soldo could help Richmond in negotiations over a deal for star midfielder Jacob Hopper. As things stand, the Giants are still searching for more than the Tigers' offer of pick No.31 and a future first-round selection.

Soldo has two seasons to run on the three-year contract he signed at Richmond in September 2021, but is hoping for more opportunities after managing only 13 games this year.

The 26-year-old Soldo has spent eight seasons at Punt Road after arriving as a rookie, including the last four working under Kingsley. The ex-Tigers assistant was appointed as the Giants' new senior coach in August. – Riley Beveridge

“GWS loves Aaron Cadman, who’s a Ballarat boy. We like descriptions - someone said to me today he’s a cross between Harry McKay and Jeremy Cameron,” Ralph said of Cadman, who is well in the mix for a top-three selection. “Are they (the Giants) keen to get pick one to guarantee the key position player we all know they love? We know they love Cadman. Then North Melbourne would say ‘OK, what would you give us?’ “Instead of having picks one and two, they might have two and three, (plus) 12 or 15. You might get three picks within 15. North gets two amazing midfielders, (Josh) Wardlaw and (Harry) Sheezel ... and a third player.”

Would much rather have Ralphsmith instead of Soldo, really like the speed and run in his game.

Stop it I’m salivating

He is due to get one right

Ralpsmith in please!!!
A no to Soldo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralphsmith makes way more sense then Soldo does

If Richmond give up Ralphsmith in the deal they may as well shut up shop , Whilst taken late in his draft he has shown he will be a 250+ game player and has speed to burn as well as a massive tank and has already shown class and future star potential.

I honestly would rather miss out on Hopper than let Hugo go , I rate him highly and wouldnt trade him for a pick 10-20
but im a supporter not a list manager so who knows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media run with this crap all the time no way North are trading pick 1 or 2 if they get it. It gets clicks but it isn't happening if we were in their position I wouldn't be giving up pick 1 for 3 and 12 and 15 (which is the media speculation).

Cadman looks a nice player but he isn't a cross between Harry McKay and Jeremy Cameron that is over selling it a bit imo.

Media run with this crap all the time no way North are trading pick 1 or 2 if they get it. It gets clicks but it isn't happening if we were in their position I wouldn't be giving up pick 1 for 3 and 12 and 15 (which is the media speculation).

Cadman looks a nice player but he isn't a cross between Harry McKay and Jeremy Cameron that is over selling it a bit imo.
Mccartney said they've already had discussions with North and WC about moving up

I think it is the step before that is unlikely, I cant possibly seeing West Coast giving up 2 and Rioli for 8 and a pick that is likely to be 10ish. It is the least even trade I can imagine.

If North get 1 and 2 and dont see much difference between the top 3, which is very possible, I can see them trading down. However if they really want Cadman, as you say, no chance.

I think it is the step before that is unlikely, I cant possibly seeing West Coast giving up 2 and Rioli for 8 and a pick that is likely to be 10ish. It is the least even trade I can imagine.

If North get 1 and 2 and dont see much difference between the top 3, which is very possible, I can see them trading down. However if they really want Cadman, as you say, no chance.
Yeah if they want him...we ain't getting him. Simple as that. Pick 1 never really gets traded...and I'd prefer 3,12,15 anyway. Pinning all your hopes on a prospective future champ is a dangerous game.
Look at Cameron, Patton, Boyd. All super high picks for us.
Only one becomes that AA level guy.
If Wardlaw is there at 3 it's a miracle. One I'm more than happy to take...Cadman is being talked up massively...he's exciting, but he's sorta burst onto the scene big time in the last year.
We shall see.

Wardlaw seemed impossible even 6 weeks ago.
If he snuck through, I'd be ecstatic.
Even a move up 1 would be good.
West Coast would be much better trading 2 for 3 and 15 than 8 and a future pick .
They could probably do the same deal for 3 and end up with 8, 15 and a future. Get 15 for free.

Mccartney said they've already had discussions with North and WC about moving up

No doubt they have but can't see it happening it's like the time we offered picks 4 and 7 for No. 1 as we wanted Petracca clubs are reluctant to trade out pick 1.

I prefer to keep 3,12,15 and hit the draft to much risk put all eggs in one pick and that pick decides to go home after 2 seasons or is a bust.

Either way I hope we have our list and cap sorted by the time tassie enters the comp as the draft will be slim pickings then

Can’t see how Cadman and Wardlaw don’t go 1 and 2. They are not going to let us trade up imo.
Which leaves sheezel which I’m fine with

On talent and needs

But the fact we are thinking of moving up has me worried. Are we trading up cos we REALLY rate cadman? Or is it because we don’t rate sheezel as someone who will stick around?

Which leaves sheezel which I’m fine with

On talent and needs

But the fact we are thinking of moving up has me worried. Are we trading up cos we REALLY rate cadman? Or is it because we don’t rate sheezel as someone who will stick around?
Think you're galaxy braining it maybe a bit too much or maybe you're not we have no idea but I think Cadman's resume stands on it's own, he's the best KPF prospect in this draft and probably a tier clear of anyone else at his position, it's a super valuable position and it's a position of need for us and also as the days go by it seems like he's going to be the first live pick in the draft and if we're not there at 1 to get him it seems like we're not going to be able to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back