List Mgmt. 2022 GWS GIANTS List Management (Trade/ Free Agency/ Draft/ Academy)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m too old for the gram so I’m not likely to ever see the post so I can’t comment.

But it is eerily similar to deluded Stain Kilda fans saying “JosH KElly BoUgHT a HOusE in ELwOod”
Yeah, me way overthinking this and being a pyscho is a very real possibility.

Here is the post in question probably should've linked it from the start

Yeah, me way overthinking this and being a pyscho is a very real possibility.

Here is the post in question probably should've linked it from the start

Some quick investigation (aka stalking) shows that the other bloke in the photo plays for the UNSW-Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs, so educated guess is that it's a Sydney home

Some quick investigation (aka stalking) shows that the other bloke in the photo plays for the UNSW-Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs, so educated guess is that it's a Sydney home
We'll call it some informal investigating, if he has bought a new home in Sydney it's hard to imagine he leaves unless it's a total disaster this year right?

We'll call it some informal investigating, if he has bought a new home in Sydney it's hard to imagine he leaves unless it's a total disaster this year right?
It certainly an indication of his intent..
Things change of course, but it certainly is a good sign.

West Coast probably regretting delisting Brander now with Darling refusing to get vaccinated. It never really made sense to me why they delisted him but you'd think he'd be a pretty handy player to have right now ready to fill in and replace Darling.

West Coast probably regretting delisting Brander now with Darling refusing to get vaccinated. It never really made sense to me why they delisted him but you'd think he'd be a pretty handy player to have right now ready to fill in and replace Darling.
I’m not sure he’s physical enough to play key position yet. Granted, haven’t seen much of him thus far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gws march.jpg

I'll be honest, it's not an easy watch but this is our 19s squad against the Swans, worth noting that the Swans had a few more 19 year olds than us in this match (their 27 who was probs BOG for example). I still maintain that Luke Lawrence is probably our best prospect for this season, I'm hoping to catch all of our NAB League games early in the season so will be good to see him and others in person. Curry really impressed me in this game as well, never really thought he was 'quick' before but he had a few good runs that showed good top speed, size for a midfielder is still a bit of a concern so hopefully he starts developing some forward/ defensive craft over the year

Rankings to be updated through the year

(14/03/2022)
View attachment 1343859
I'll do my usual flogging of my own content early, here's my intial Top 20 heading into the season, with the post quoted from my draft thread. Early wishlist player is Harry Sheezel for where our list is at, I'm not going to make the Toby comparisons because others will do it for me through the year, but he's a real X-Factor type that can kick goals from anywhere and is a genuine aerial threat for his height. I don't mind Busslinger as a Nick Haynes replacement either, has the similar strengths of marking and read of the play but is probably a bit more aggressive with his ball use but not as strong one-on-one yet.

O'Sullivan is one I expect I'll have higher than everyone else, but he ticks all the boxes for that pressure small forward that I think we need, super high workrate and strong tackler, strong with his contested ball winning as well and an early guess is he'll be one that's available in the late second round.

As far as our Academy goes, we've got the following NAB League fixtures;
Saturday April 2 - vs Calder Cannons @ Highgate Recreation Reserve, VIC
Friday April 8 - vs Murray Bushrangers @ Lavington Sports Ground, NSW
Friday April 15 - vs Sandringham Dragons @ Trevor Barker Oval, VIC
Sunday April 24 - vs Bendigo Pioneers @ Highgate Recreation Reserve, VIC

All winnable games tbh, I'm expecting to go to all the VIC ones at the very least

I'll do my usual flogging of my own content early, here's my intial Top 20 heading into the season, with the post quoted from my draft thread. Early wishlist player is Harry Sheezel for where our list is at, I'm not going to make the Toby comparisons because others will do it for me through the year, but he's a real X-Factor type that can kick goals from anywhere and is a genuine aerial threat for his height. I don't mind Busslinger as a Nick Haynes replacement either, has the similar strengths of marking and read of the play but is probably a bit more aggressive with his ball use but not as strong one-on-one yet.

O'Sullivan is one I expect I'll have higher than everyone else, but he ticks all the boxes for that pressure small forward that I think we need, super high workrate and strong tackler, strong with his contested ball winning as well and an early guess is he'll be one that's available in the late second round.

As far as our Academy goes, we've got the following NAB League fixtures;
Saturday April 2 - vs Calder Cannons @ Highgate Recreation Reserve, VIC
Friday April 8 - vs Murray Bushrangers @ Lavington Sports Ground, NSW
Friday April 15 - vs Sandringham Dragons @ Trevor Barker Oval, VIC
Sunday April 24 - vs Bendigo Pioneers @ Highgate Recreation Reserve, VIC

All winnable games tbh, I'm expecting to go to all the VIC ones at the very least
Will either of those be available at 18 when we pick.

Will either of those be available at 18 when we pick.
I thought we were guaranteed a top 10 pick each year via AFL intervention?

GIANTS YOUNGSTER IN NO RUSH

GREATER Western Sydney young gun Tanner Bruhn doesn't feel a need to rush to re-sign with the club just yet as he starts his second season in the AFL.

The No.12 pick from the 2020 NAB AFL Draft made his debut in the opening round of last season before playing 13 games in 2021.

The Giants are confident the Geelong product will extend his time at the club beyond this year, but the club has had to deal with losing inexperienced first round picks after a short period of time since its inception, with Jye Caldwell and Jackson Hately moving at the end of their first deal at the end of 2020.

Bruhn was named the Giants' medical substitute in round one against the Swans but is set to be exposed to more midfield minutes this year after an impressive pre-season that many inside the WestConnex Centre have labelled as the best alongside Tom Green.

UKfPJkG3.jpg

Tanner Bruhn lifting weights at Giants training on February 9, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos
"I'm loving where I'm at, at the moment. I'm loving the club and loving the boys and feeling really settled at the moment," Bruhn told AFL.com.au earlier this month.

"I'm just looking forward to hopefully starting the year off well and playing some consistent footy. That’s at the forefront of my mind right at the moment.

"I feel like the club and my manager will take care of the contract talks when the time is right. For the moment it is about playing some good footy and we'll worry about that when it comes."

While Tim Taranto is the most important signature for Jason McCartney and Adrian Caruso to secure this year, Bruhn also looms as a priority. – Josh Gabelich

If he keeps playing in the 2s every week think I'll start to get pretty concerned

Remove this Banner Ad

Back