List Mgmt. 2022 GWS GIANTS List Management (Trade/ Free Agency/ Draft/ Academy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Browne reporting he's heard its either Taranto or Hopper and doesn't think both are going to be here long term, Taranto re-signs then Hopper might look elsewhere and then if Taranto walks Hopper would stay. Not the worst case scenario, hopefully Taranto is the one to re-sign and would free up some room to lose one of them. We don't know how Hopper is going look post multiple knee surgeries, it's all been pretty vague and not a specific injury which gives me more concern rather then it being a clear cut diagnosis.

Grain of salt stuff given he reported both are OOC yet Hopper is signed up till end of next year.

So, what type of player should we be looking for at the MSD - if indeed we do look for one?

I think we have enough medium/running backs that we don't need to directly replace Fahey with similar type ... unless we want to go all in on speed/run.

We've got holes in small/medium forward that could likely be addressed at MSD.

Is there a tall we might like to audition for half a season, either KPF or KPD? We don't need to just look at what they can do immediately, but rather, is there a decent long term prospect that saves us using a pick in the national draft at the end of the year?

Given a spot has opened up it might be worth noting this

MID-SEASON DRAFT MEDICALS LIST

Connor Ballenden (Woodville West Torrens)
Jacob Bauer (North Adelaide)
Josh Carmichael (West Adelaide)
Lachlan Carrigan (Richmond VFL)
Jai Culley (Dandenong Stingrays)
Kallan Dawson (Williamstown)
Massimo D'Ambrossio (Western Jets)
Wade Derksen (Peel Thunder)
Mutaz El Nour (Northern Bullants)
Oskar Faulkhead (Bendigo Pioneers)
Ethan Grace (GWS Academy)
Hugo Hall-Kahan (Sandringham Dragons)
Max Ramsden (Sandringham Dragons)
Brynn Teakle (East Fremantle)

So, what type of player should we be looking for at the MSD - if indeed we do look for one?

I think we have enough medium/running backs that we don't need to directly replace Fahey with similar type ... unless we want to go all in on speed/run.

We've got holes in small/medium forward that could likely be addressed at MSD.

Is there a tall we might like to audition for half a season, either KPF or KPD? We don't need to just look at what they can do immediately, but rather, is there a decent long term prospect that saves us using a pick in the national draft at the end of the year?
Given a spot has opened up it might be worth noting this

MID-SEASON DRAFT MEDICALS LIST

Connor Ballenden (Woodville West Torrens)
Jacob Bauer (North Adelaide)
Josh Carmichael (West Adelaide)
Lachlan Carrigan (Richmond VFL)
Jai Culley (Dandenong Stingrays)
Kallan Dawson (Williamstown)
Massimo D'Ambrossio (Western Jets)
Wade Derksen (Peel Thunder)
Mutaz El Nour (Northern Bullants)
Oskar Faulkhead (Bendigo Pioneers)
Ethan Grace (GWS Academy)
Hugo Hall-Kahan (Sandringham Dragons)
Max Ramsden (Sandringham Dragons)
Brynn Teakle (East Fremantle)
Grace is one that makes sense, small forward already within the clubs system to a degree, but to be honest it'd be hard to be disappointed with any of the guys that are getting medicals with clubs this week. Ballenden and Teakle are probably the only two I would say I don't want, but I haven't seen enough of Ballenden at SANFL level to really commit to that comment either.

Faulkhead, Hall-Kahan and Carrigan are the three I'm most interested in, all have good speed and skills on the outside but can fill in other roles (Faulkhead a genuine utility, Hall-Kahan a marking forward and Carrigan at half back). Of those I think Hall-Kahan is the pick of the lot, another medium forward that can work at ground level and in the air wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

I also wonder whether we'd look at ex-academy boy Will Reinhold, 194 cm and has been playing as a CHB for Port Melbourne so fills a need, but another I haven't seen so don't really know what he brings apart from being taller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright guys here is a big one...

Let's say we lose one of Taranto / Hopper and get a pick 10 - 15 in return.
The Swans beat us out in getting Dustin Martin, so the Giants do similar to what they did to the Swans when they beat us out in Franklin and went and targeted Mumford. I would love to see us make a big play for Logan McDonald. Exactly the player we need and with 2-3 years development under his belt. Plus he is looking for a pay rise which the Swans might struggle to give him.

If this fails we take the 10-15 pick to the draft along with our top 6 pick and we target one or two of Busslinger, Lemmey, Scully as a tall. If we took a KPF in Lemmey or Scully these guys will obviously take more time to develop than a 21yo Logan McDonald. I am just thinking could you imagine a backline in 2 years time of Sam Taylor (FB), Busslinger (CHB), Leek Aliir (Intercept Defender), Isaac Cumming, Connor Idun, Jack Buckley, Josh Fahey... That to me has the potential to be best in the league status in 2 years time.

Plus we should also target a small forward knowing how dodgy Daniels hamstrings are and we will probably need to replace Bobby Hill at years end.

What are your thoughts on this PMBangers ?

I would love to see us make a big play for Logan McDonald. Exactly the player we need and with 2-3 years development under his belt. Plus he is looking for a pay rise which the Swans might struggle to give him.
No chance.

I just don't see how the Swans can afford Martin unless they lose someone of quality? Maybe we could go after McStay?

Alright guys here is a big one...

Let's say we lose one of Taranto / Hopper and get a pick 10 - 15 in return.
The Swans beat us out in getting Dustin Martin, so the Giants do similar to what they did to the Swans when they beat us out in Franklin and went and targeted Mumford. I would love to see us make a big play for Logan McDonald. Exactly the player we need and with 2-3 years development under his belt. Plus he is looking for a pay rise which the Swans might struggle to give him.

If this fails we take the 10-15 pick to the draft along with our top 6 pick and we target one or two of Busslinger, Lemmey, Scully as a tall. If we took a KPF in Lemmey or Scully these guys will obviously take more time to develop than a 21yo Logan McDonald. I am just thinking could you imagine a backline in 2 years time of Sam Taylor (FB), Busslinger (CHB), Leek Aliir (Intercept Defender), Isaac Cumming, Connor Idun, Jack Buckley, Josh Fahey... That to me has the potential to be best in the league status in 2 years time.

Plus we should also target a small forward knowing how dodgy Daniels hamstrings are and we will probably need to replace Bobby Hill at years end.

What are your thoughts on this PMBangers ?

You could properly argue that we would be a better balanced side if we trade both Taranto and Hopper out to draft or trade players in that can address weaknesses in our forward half, and have a midfield group that had much better kicks and decision makers in the like of Perryman, Bruhn and Ash.

You could properly argue that we would be a better balanced side if we trade both Taranto and Hopper out to draft or trade players in that can address weaknesses in our forward half, and have a midfield group that had much better kicks and decision makers in the like of Perryman, Bruhn and Ash.
I wouldn't say no to that if we end up with an established key forward as well as Busslinger

Oh just saw it’s Bruhn’s birthday today so that’s probably why they did it. He’s pretty important and has a lot of upside…need to do something with extending him.
hopefully we sign him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back