List Mgmt. 2022 GWS GIANTS List Management (Trade/ Free Agency/ Draft/ Academy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Espn has sydney bidding on rowston at 17, this affects pick 18, if we trade it out 19.
Surely sydney don't do that to us. I feel it is a low blow, given how many more players they have from their academy than we do. If thsts the case, should we suggest redrawing the academy boundaries as they have the advantage of suburbs with a demographic more likely to play AFL than we do. I think they wouldn't want to do that.
If he goes top 20 I think I'd be fine with just letting him go, just think that's too high for him considering some of the other options we'd have.

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
If he goes top 20 I think I'd be fine with just letting him go, just think that's too high for him considering some of the other options we'd have.
Thinking about it more, I really don't think
the espn bloke has the same inside tips as Cal Twomey, he is just saying this to try to be a bit controversial. I think Collingwood bid on Jaspa Fletcher and possibly Davey as well, a bid on Rowston will come at about pick 25 at earliest.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

Someone we've spoken too, seems like he played most of the year as a midfielder but might be a small forward at the next level PMBangers? Pretty cool story as a mature ager someone you'd hope is able to contribute right away if that's something we're looking for. Could be an option for us at 30 maybe, hopefully Rowston gets through.

Accidently posted in wrong thread.
From his highlights there's enough to suggest he'd be able to impact as a forward pretty quickly, but I don't think we'll end up with him given the interest from Collingwood, Port Adelaide and others.

As it stands, I'm assuming we take Cadman, Konstanty and Clarke in Round 1 unless there's a slider like Humphrey/ Hollands somewhere, then probably trade out 19 for a current second and future second, so depending on the second we get this year, lets say hypothetically it's from Hawthorn, he might be in consideration, but a guy like Noah Long might appeal more

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thinking about it more, I really don't think
the espn bloke has the same inside tips as Cal Twomey, he is just saying this to try to be a bit controversial. I think Collingwood bid on Jaspa Fletcher and possibly Davey as well, a bid on Rowston will come at about pick 25 at earliest.
I can categorically guarantee that the ESPN bloke has little to no inside tips

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
From his highlights there's enough to suggest he'd be able to impact as a forward pretty quickly, but I don't think we'll end up with him given the interest from Collingwood, Port Adelaide and others.

As it stands, I'm assuming we take Cadman, Konstanty and Clarke in Round 1 unless there's a slider like Humphrey/ Hollands somewhere, then probably trade out 19 for a current second and future second, so depending on the second we get this year, lets say hypothetically it's from Hawthorn, he might be in consideration, but a guy like Noah Long might appeal more
Cadman, Konstanty and Clarke really addresses our i50 and that'd be a pretty exciting group to walk away with. Don't mind the idea of turning 19 into an early second pick like Hawthorn's which would be 24 and then getting there second next year as well, basically turns 19 into 24 + a likely top 4 second round pick next year as well.

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
This kid is already annoying, that is record speed. There is confidence and there is misguided arrogance. Get a game first.

87740C90-E50C-4FFC-BA9C-AE5EFE384368.jpeg

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Has he been copying your phantom draft, he at least he pretends to have inside knowledge
He's been blacklisted by essentially every recruiter, he just combines various other phantoms with some curveballs to stand out

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
He's been blacklisted by essentially every recruiter, he just combines various other phantoms with some curveballs to stand out
blacklisted is a nice way to put it, he doesn't go to games in person enough to form any connections

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
It's good to have guys like this in the competiton, great that he's showing his personality and having some fun.
I think it’s good for people to be confident and not everyone is the same but he is giving off a bit of an American style douchebag vibe.

He hasn’t even been drafted so has achieved nothing.

Get picked, get a game, earn your team mates and coaches respect and then maybe start talking the talk.

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I think it’s good for people to be confident and not everyone is the same but he is giving off a bit of an American style douchebag vibe.

He hasn’t even been drafted so has achieved nothing.

Get picked, get a game, earn your team mates and coaches respect and then maybe start talking the talk.
But this is what makes the competition fun and exciting is having these type of characters! He should be confident in his abilities he's going to be a top 10 pick despite being the youngest (I think) player in the draft and has had success at every level of competition he's played out. He's not hurting anyone or being rude, it's fun!

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
But this is what makes the competition fun and exciting is having these type of characters! He should be confident in his abilities he's going to be a top 10 pick despite being the youngest (I think) player in the draft and has had success at every level of competition he's played out. He's not hurting anyone or being rude, it's fun!
Well you find it fun, I reckon it’s prime douchbaggery (I think that is a condition). And the thing is it’s not sustainable behaviour because sooner or later people get tired of it and then they will all bag the s**t out of him. He’s better to pull back and do the talking with his performance.

Clive Waterhouse was a Number 1 pick, Jimmy Toumpas a top 10….it doesn’t mean anything if you don’t put it together on game day.

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS

Linked to:

Cadman
Hewett
Allan (significant work)
George
Cowan
Jones
Clarke (Strong interest and put work into him the past month)
Weddle
Konstanty (Long had interest)
Rowston (hoping he slips into the secound round but fears he may go in the first)

Similar list to Cal Twomey's the other day with a fair bit of overlap with who we're linked to. Clarke and Konstanty seem like 2 of their top targets at this point.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back