Competitions 2022 GWS Knock Out Goalkicking Competition: We have a winner!

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Round 6 round up:

GOALS - GWS: Flynn 2, Ward 2, Greene, Hill, Preuss

P.S. Called it last week:
Round 5 round up:

Reckon we're coming up to a game where HH or Hogan won't kick a goal ...
But of course I should have taken my own advice and moved in Greene to replace Hogan!

Giant Strides: Coniglio (replacing Hogan), Taranto: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: = :thumbsdown:

Gigantic: Himmelberg, Taranto: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: = :thumbsdown:

dlanod: Kelly (replacing Hogan), Himmelberg: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: = :thumbsdown:

General Giant: Himmelberg, Greene: :thumbsdown::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

GWS Goose: Himmelberg, (no second player, neither Hogan nor Riccardi selected): :thumbsdown: nil - :thumbsdown:

Clockwork Orange: Himmelberg, Hill (replacing Hogan): :thumbsdown::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Greene: :thumbsdown::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Determinant: Hill, Taranto out in round 4

So, 4 of us out this week, and only 3 remaining in the competition: General Giant, ClockworkOrange & Callums_Guns.

Good luck to those remaining. You might think carefully about who you select ... but don't all change to the same player(s)!

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
OK, wrapping up yesterday's game:

GOALS - GIANTS: Greene 4, Coniglio 3, Hogan 3, Whitfield 3, Himmelberg 2, Taranto, Hill

Remaining players:

General Giant: Himmelberg, Greene, (Kelly): :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Clockwork Orange: Greene, Himmelberg, (Hogan): :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Greene, (Hill): :thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

So, all 3 remaining are through to next week.

Now, I'm sure that everyone can see the problem ... that everyone has HH & TFG as their primary/secondary players (in one order or the other).

So, from next week onwards, the requirement will be that 2 of the 3 players (including the reserve) will need to score goals to stay in. That can still be just HH and TFG ... but sooner or later one of those pair won't score, and the third player will come into play. I'll use that for a few weeks, and see how we're going.

Obviously, keeping your players up to date to ensure that all 3 are playing each week will become important now.

You may continue to change players, however, I will add a rule that you may not change your player to a player that another poster has nominated from now on. i.e. you can't change Kelly to Hogan or Hill, Hogan to Kelly or Hill, or Hill to Hogan or Kelly. You could change to Coniglio, or Taranto; after which another player could take the player you left. Any questions/clarifications, just ask me.

Good luck to remaining punters!

General Giant ClockworkOrange Callums_Guns

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Wrap up from yesterday - luckily the 'big 2 (HH & TFG)' for GWS scored; unfortunately, almost no-one else did!

GOALS - GIANTS: Greene 2, Himmelberg, Hogan

General Giant: Himmelberg, Greene, Kelly: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Clockwork Orange: Greene, Himmelberg, Hogan: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Greene, Hill: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Everyone's still in play for next week ... reminder on the new rules (previous post) if contemplating changing players.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Wrap up from yesterday - luckily the 'big 2 (HH & TFG)' for GWS scored; unfortunately, almost no-one else did!

GOALS - GIANTS: Greene 2, Himmelberg, Hogan

General Giant: Himmelberg, Greene, Kelly: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Clockwork Orange: Greene, Himmelberg, Hogan: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Greene, Hill: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Everyone's still in play for next week ... reminder on the new rules (previous post) if contemplating changing players.

Nothing would scream “Giants 2022 season” more than if this comp ends with our team having a sole goal kicker, thereby knocking out all participants!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Nothing would scream “Giants 2022 season” more than if this comp ends with our team having a sole goal kicker, thereby knocking out all participants!

Most years we finish this comp on a "mass extinction" game, when we only kick 3 or 4 goals and the usual goalkickers are either absent or inaccurate, but someone's lucky enough to have the sole fringe forward or mid who kicks a goal that week.

That happened a little earlier than usual this year but left 3 of you instead of 1.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
OK, so I lost track of this with the HC drama this week and late out for Hogan.

So my very late change today for the Blues is:

TFG
JR
HH

Crash - or crash through!

ps. I think that adheres to the comp rules. If not, happy to cop the forfeit.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
OK, so I lost track of this with the HC drama this week and late out for Hogan.

So my very late change today for the Blues is:

TFG
JR
HH

Crash - or crash through!

ps. I think that adheres to the comp rules. If not, happy to cop the forfeit.

Yes, no-one else has Riccardi.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
GOALS - Greater Western Sydney: Greene 2, Himmelberg 2, Riccardi 2, Callaghan, Kennedy, Perryman, Kelly, Ward

General Giant: Himmelberg, Greene, Kelly: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Clockwork Orange: Greene, Riccardi, Himmelberg: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

So, everyone moves on to next week. Just a reminder about the rules ...you really need to ensure that all 3 nominated players are viable goal kickers.

Good luck next week General Giant , ClockworkOrange , Callums_Guns .

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
An extensive goalkicker list this week ... still, did anyone have their heart in their mouth when HH started in defence?

GOALS - Greater Western Sydney: Peatling 3, Bruhn 2, de Boer 2, Green 2, Greene 2, Hogan 2, Sproule 2, Brander, Hill, Himmelberg, Perryman, Riccardi, Wehr

Clockwork Orange: Greene, Riccardi, Himmelberg: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Greene, Hill: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

And everyone goes marching on to next week.

I suspect next week against Lions will be much harder ... you might need to consider who are your 3 nominated players. Just go back and read those rules, though!

For ease ...

The requirement will be that 2 of the 3 players (including the reserve) need to score goals to stay in.

You may continue to change players, however, I will add a rule that you may not change your player to a player that another poster has nominated from now on. (So, you cannot change to HH, Greene, Kelly, Riccardi or Hill ... unless everyone who has one of those players changes out of them before you make your change.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
In the spirit of our new Coaching team, I’m going to spin the magnets for next week vs Lions

OUT: HH
IN: ZS

I think both players have done so much in their respective roles today that they surely won’t be dislodged for next week.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Review of this week:

GOALS - Greater Western Sydney: Greene 4, Peatling 3, Hogan 2, Kelly 2, Coniglio, Flynn, Hill, Riccardi

General Giant: Himmelberg, Greene, Kelly: :thumbsdown::thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

Clockwork Orange: Greene, Riccardi, Sproule: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Greene, Hill: :thumbsdown::thumbsu::thumbsu: = :thumbsu:

And everyone keeps marching on.

OK, reminder if you want to make any changes before today's game.

I know that General Giant has made comment about bailing out of supporting the club, but I'll leave him in for now.

Callums_Guns - you might like to replace Hill with a player who's in the team; ClockworkOrange your 3 are OK, but can change (within the limitations stipulated).
Will replace Hill with Hogan, thanks !

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
From today's game:

GOALS - GWS: Coniglio 3, Peatling 3, Riccardi 3, Greene 2, Bruhn 2, Himmelberg, de Boer

Clockwork Orange: Greene, Riccardi, Sproule: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Callums Guns: Himmelberg, Greene, Hogan: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

Everyone gets through on 2 out of 3 and gets through to next week. I'll have a think about GG, and try to contact him during the week.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Just a reminder about this competition General Giant ClockworkOrange Callums_Guns - if anyone wants to change their team to account for outs (Sproule) or changed roles (Himmelberg) for their selections. (Reminder of the rule regarding changing selections, though!)

I can feel in my bones that we could be on the verge of crowning a winner ...

Just a reminder about this competition General Giant ClockworkOrange Callums_Guns - if anyone wants to change their team to account for outs (Sproule) or changed roles (Himmelberg) for their selections. (Reminder of the rule regarding changing selections, though!)

I can feel in my bones that we could be on the verge of crowning a winner ...
P. Hogan
S. Greene
R. Whitfield

Thank you !

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Wrap up from the round 14 game against Bulldogs:

GOALS - GWS Giants: Greene 7, Hogan 3, Coniglio 2, Riccardi 2, Ash, Brander

General Giant: Himmelberg, Greene, Kelly: :thumbsdown::thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsdown:

Callums Guns: Hogan, Greene, Whitfield: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsdown: = :thumbsu:

So, General Giant bows out gracefully, and we have a prize title fight between ClockworkOrange and Callums_Guns.

We'll continue with the existing rules around 2 out of 3 keeps you in the comp, and changes need to not select someone that the other poster already has. However, I'll also introduce my tie-breaker rules and start keeping tabs on the conditions: if we get to the last round and you're both still in the comp, then the first tie-breaker to separate you will be the number of your selected GWS players who have scored goals from next week onwards. (i.e. if all 3 players score goals, then you get 3 points for that week, and if 2 players score goals then you get 2 points). If that is the same at the end of the season, then I'll go back and add up the physical goals scored by your selected players from next week until the end, with the higher goal total deciding the winner. If that's the same, then I'll declare joint winners - and you'll both deserve it. If you both go out in the same round (i.e. less than 2 players from your selected 3 kick goals), then if someone had 1 and the other 0 goal kickers, the one with 1 will win. If both the same, and it's 1 goal kicker, I'll use the number of goals to decide. If that doesn't split you, I'll just keep you in the game.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Just a reminder on Sunday's game for the title fighters: check the team list for who's in and who's out of the team in relation to your selections!

ClockworkOrange : Greene, Riccardi, Sproule

Callums_Guns : Hogan, Greene, Whitfield
Callums_Guns odds have shortened significantly for the title. Both selected players have goaled, versus none for ClockworkOrange. Needs both Greene & Riccardi to goal in the second half to stay in the race, with Sproule omitted.

Back