1. Kennedy
1. Bruhn
1. Wehr
1 HH

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Plenty of players deserve recognition, but wanted to recognise the best, so a tradition 5-4-3-2-1 assignment.

5 - Stephen Coniglio: 36 disposals at 92% DE including 14 contested possessions & 7 clearances - returning him to the guts brought out his best
4 - James Peatling: 3 goals from getting lots of ball, and used it at 96% DE, played an outstanding game as a small/medium forward
3 - Harry Perryman: played in the middle, got a lot of ball in the contest, tackled, took intercepts - best game this year from my view
2 - Josh Kelly: continued his recent good form with lots of ball in a connector role
1 - Matt Flynn: could have raffled this point to plenty of players, but thought Flynn was influential in the ruck & around the ground

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Although I couldn't find a vote for Hogan, a lot of options but a clear top 6 for me, I expected others would have him in, he was great today and get my HM.
Particularly early, he was great for us. Essentially handed off for, I think, 2 or 3 of the first few goals, and was always dangerous in the contest, both in the air and even once it hit the deck. He was one I weighed up for the 1 point against Flynn - in the end my top 5 I thought played well throughout the whole game to a slightly higher level. But that's why we have these forums, to allow different perspectives.

Particularly early, he was great for us. Essentially handed off for, I think, 2 or 3 of the first few goals, and was always dangerous in the contest, both in the air and even once it hit the deck. He was one I weighed up for the 1 point against Flynn - in the end my top 5 I thought played well throughout the whole game to a slightly higher level. But that's why we have these forums, to allow different perspectives.
i ended up doing the same, with him finishing just short of a point, and it seems that just about everybody has done the same.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Coaches' votes are in ... for those who like to peek!

Greater Western Sydney v West Coast

9 Stephen Coniglio (GWS)
6 Josh Kelly (GWS)
6 James Peatling (GWS)
5 Harry Perryman (GWS)
3 Jesse Hogan (GWS)
1 Matt Flynn (GWS)

(Interesting dispersal of votes ... I can see at least two - and could be more - combinations of votes. And the '5' that Cogs didn't get could potentially have gone to Kelly, Peatling or (less likely) Perryman.)

Coaches' votes are in ... for those who like to peek!

Greater Western Sydney v West Coast

9 Stephen Coniglio (GWS)
6 Josh Kelly (GWS)
6 James Peatling (GWS)
5 Harry Perryman (GWS)
3 Jesse Hogan (GWS)
1 Matt Flynn (GWS)

(Interesting dispersal of votes ... I can see at least two - and could be more - combinations of votes. And the '5' that Cogs didn't get could potentially have gone to Kelly, Peatling or (less likely) Perryman.)
You'd have to wonder how Cogs didnt get 5. I also think it is strange that the one of the coaches found 4 better than either Peatling or Kelly.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
You'd have to wonder how Cogs didnt get 5. I also think it is strange that the one of the coaches found 4 better than either Peatling or Kelly.

I’d bet that it was our Coaches who didn’t give Cogs a 5.

Not because he didn’t play very well, but rather that they want to keep pushing him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Votes tallied, notable for being teh first game that Tom Green hasn't been in the top 6 votes:

GWS 2022 MVP Rd10.PNG

Season to date & while Tom Green remains top, Chook and Cogs are making a run:

GWS 2022 MVP Prog Rd10.PNG

Back