MVP 2022 GWS MVP - Round 4 v Freo Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
GWS kept close to Freo, despite the best efforts of the umpires, until the last quarter. As with other games, the final scoreline probably doesn't do justice to the efforts of our boys. Who's deserving of points? 15 maximum, 5 to any single player.

Yep, found this one really hard to judge. The frees against impacted a lot of players ... I definitely don't agree with all of the frees given against us, but some were clearly there & did hurt us.

5 - Isaac Cumming: overall I thought he was pretty solid down back
4 - Tom Green: less influential than previous weeks in terms of possession numbers, but strong with the ball plus 2 goals (1 was brilliant)
3 - Tim Taranto: getting a lot of the ball, even if he doesn't use it well enough
2 - Harry Perryman: he was pretty solid in his role, got his hands on some ball and used it better than most of his team mates
1 - Brayden Preuss: despite being slated by Leon for getting suspended, I thought Preussy was strong in the contest, which our team needs

OK, I've thought about how to manage such a low response rate. Giving full value to the small number of players who attracted votes gives them a disproportional value to other rounds. Usually, we'll get around a minimum of 5 respondents for a poor game (I think this one has just sh#t us all to the max), so I'm going to assume 3 other respondents all giving a "no votes for anyone" response, which will drop the value of points here.

GWS 2022 MVP Rd4.PNG
GWS 2022 MVP Prog Rd4.PNG

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back