2022 Indigenous Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

The players are part of the club and I think its important they can get involved in this themselves and share their own background too.
Like it or not, it's already been established we can't wear just black and white, and a little bit of teal here is a non issue. 'Focus on something like the wharves'.... Ah yes, the Port Adelaide wharves, deeply entrenched in Australian indigenous culture.
Well the designs on the Indigenous tops are often driven by the stories of their family or things representing the player. Not necessarily of some greater indigenous culture. The football club is a big part of the lives of our indigenous players and having the club represented in the Indigenous design as well could be another thing.

I mean our design last year had nothing to do with Port Adelaide or its indigenous players. It was a competition winning entry from a young girl that did it as the top for her school for participating in the Power Cup, and claimed to be about her family. And then it turned out to be copied from another artists painting, for something that is even less related to the Port Adelaide area, its indigenous footballers and the football club.

And although creditting the original artist, we still used the modified version by the school girl.

Sounds like you just want the prison bars
Oh no, you've discovered my cunning plan...

White guilt has given us some great jumpers.
Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

Being of advancing years and partaking of regular strolls in Canberra's sub-zero winter, I must say that scarf looks pretty schmick. Being woollen it would also do what scarves are designed to do. Very tempted to ignore my merch ban...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back