Toast 2022 Indigenous Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

If this was an isolated issue, I'd agree, but how many issues does the club need to have before it acknowledges it's rotten to the core?

Indigenous jumper rehash from 2021
No Pride jumper (plus the subsequent comments from Prior)
Players without their own jumper
Harry Edwards rocking a completely wrong design in a game last year
Chesser being presented with a jumper big enough for that lard arse in the cheer squad

And that's just jumper issues off the top of my head, let alone everything else.

Castore aren’t actually making the guernseys, so it has nothing to do with them. Sekem are making the playing gear as they were last year, so if the club really wanted to, they could’ve designed a new one. Honestly though, it’s the least of our worries. Let minnow clubs worry about new designs every year to make money, we’ve got bigger things to focus on.

27k fans on the weekend tells me that now more than ever you need to make a conscious effort into fan interaction and marketing. This is exactly what you need when the football is dires and isn't a quick fix, need to keep fans engaged in other ways. The club resting on laurels from yester year will get us into minnow clubs. The fact that Sekem have to do production on behalf of another company because they can't supply demand is very minnow...…

Our engagement and PR is the worst in the league and it's not even close.

F**k me, did we have similar back page of The West beat ups and threads like this when we reused our Indigenous design in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2020?

If anyone should be pissed it's Kevin Bynder who didn't get his design reused!

Pour one out for Swans fans, two designs in eight years. Only on their third one this year.

TBH it doesn't bother me at all, but the club is firstly missing out on a positive public relations spin by giving a young Indigenous artist the opportunity to design a strip for us, and secondly on the marketing/revenue possibilities of releasing new merchandise.

I was annoyed for a hot minute but also noticed how it took sekem nine weeks to produce Naishys jumper, so i'm not really surprised with this at all

Speaking of Castore, why did we leave Puma at the end of 2017?

I've never understood that

I’m sure the ‘jumper guy’ (Ford? I feel that might be an old username) will know more but I think the club felt Puma were not giving them the service/attention they had done in previous years, and ISC were offering a great deal that a lot of clubs jumped onto at the time. So it probably just came down to money, as you would expect.

Castore has been a next level disaster though - I suspect we have at least another year to stumble through with them before we can get the hell out of that deal and (probably) sign with Sekeem full time like Freo.

WCE is a tough one - big seller of merchandise….but it’s isolated to 1 city and there is no broad ‘presence’ in the market that the big Vic clubs enjoy due to it being a 2 team town. May as well get a WA supplier and spin that as a positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia doesn't have enough diversity of population centres to worry about sales outside of one city. Numbers in the main market would be key.

I’m sure the ‘jumper guy’ (Ford? I feel that might be an old username) will know more but I think the club felt Puma were not giving them the service/attention they had done in previous years, and ISC were offering a great deal that a lot of clubs jumped onto at the time. So it probably just came down to money, as you would expect.

Castore has been a next level disaster though - I suspect we have at least another year to stumble through with them before we can get the hell out of that deal and (probably) sign with Sekeem full time like Freo.

WCE is a tough one - big seller of merchandise….but it’s isolated to 1 city and there is no broad ‘presence’ in the market that the big Vic clubs enjoy due to it being a 2 team town. May as well get a WA supplier and spin that as a positive.
FXD_

I was annoyed for a hot minute but also noticed how it took sekem nine weeks to produce Naishys jumper, so i'm not really surprised with this at all
Perhaps the fact that it doesn’t say Sekem is why it took 9 weeks to produce at a critical time of the year for a company with other commitments involving its actual brand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back