News 2022 Injuries, Suspensions, Protocols

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEST Coast skipper Luke Shuey has been sent for scans on a leg after injuring himself at training on Wednesday.

Shuey came off the field at Mineral Resources Park shortly after the club started a match simulation session.

WEST Coast skipper Luke Shuey has been sent for scans on a leg after injuring himself at training on Wednesday.

Shuey came off the field at Mineral Resources Park shortly after the club started a match simulation session.
Clark
The Key Good Luck GIF by Barbara Pozzi

So we could end up in a situation like in the BBL this year where a top-up player ended up playing games for 2 different teams in the same season.
I don’t know how many top ups will actually play in 2022
The teams would need half the list out with Covid/injuries
Would be a rarity

The bbl had squads of only 16-18? For 11 spots. Much more chance of Covid effecting numbers when the squads were smaller!
AFL clubs have 40 already on the list for 23 spots I’m pretty sure. So would think the extra 17 spots should be enough depth throughout the year. Unless you’re collingwood and injury riddled every year haha

I don’t know how many top ups will actually play in 2022
The teams would need half the list out with Covid/injuries
Would be a rarity

The bbl had squads of only 16-18? For 11 spots. Much more chance of Covid effecting numbers when the squads were smaller!
AFL clubs have 40 already on the list for 23 spots I’m pretty sure. So would think the extra 17 spots should be enough depth throughout the year. Unless you’re collingwood and injury riddled every year haha
It's going to be a difficult balancing act for the clubs this year, no doubt about it. Imagine if the VFL side plays on a Saturday and the AFL side plays on the Sunday. Clubs are going to be holding a lot of players out of the VFL in case of a COVID situation. Unfortunately I can see a situation this year where a lot of fringe players don't get a lot of game time at either level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame for him. Going to miss the only part of the season where they are a chance of winning some games. :p
Weller to HB becomes more realistic .....helps Hollands too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back