Not open for further replies.

Duckworthy

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
Jumped off the ground, made contact with the opponent's head and the victim was subbed off. It's 2 weeks
Almost guaranteed Blues will argue that Cripps didn't contact the head and that it was his head hitting the ground that caused the concussion

Bjchan13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Jumped off the ground, made contact with the opponent's head and the victim was subbed off. It's 2 weeks
Might not be, the precedent has been set this year.

These are quotes from the Rioli appeal

The result has freed Rioli for West Coast's clash with North Melbourne at Docklands Stadium on Sunday, with the tribunal deeming the forward had not engaged in rough conduct and that his action was "not unreasonable".

The hit was judged as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact.

The jury, consisting of David Neitz, Shane Wakelin and tribunal chair Jeff Gleeson QC, believed Rioli had always intended to contest the footy, as opposed to bumping Rowell.

"Incidents such as this where the question revolves around whether and how the player is contesting the ball are not easy," Gleeson said.

"Rioli had eyes for the ball as he entered the contest (and) there is no doubt he braced for contact a split second before contact.

"But when doing so he did not cease to contest the ball. The way in which he did so was not unreasonable."

The jury's ruling that Rioli had made high contact with Rowell no longer mattered when the rough conduct charge was banished.

Cripps charge

The AFL's match review officer graded the rough conduct incident as careless conduct, high contact and high impact, drawing a two-match ban.

Using Rioli as a precedent if Carlton can argue that Cripps had eyes for the ball and wasnt trying to bump Ah Chee then the appeal should be successful.

Sherman41

Premiership Player
May 3, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
I doubt Carmichael plays, even as sub.

I'm hoping he's omitted so I can use him as a donut and that's what I reckon will happen.
He looked rushed on Friday night. Didnโ€™t execute very well. Wouldnโ€™t of helped his chances.

But to be fair he has done a lot right since coming on board.

MrChristo

Premium Platinum
May 16, 2002
Sexlexia....
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
To be honest i didnt see it live and hadn't seen the replay until tonight. Supercoach aside i dont see how he can be suspended for that. He was clearly going for the ball. Shouldn't even be a free kick and im pretty sure it wasnt at the time.

Didn't ever turn to look at the ball.
Agree it wasn't malicious, but how do you claim he was going for the ball when he didn't once look at it?

Last edited:

Bjchan13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Didn't ever turn to look at the ball.
Agree it wasn't malicious, but how do you claim he was going for the ball when he didn't once look at it?
Why would he need to turn? He was directly facing the ball, looking at it, trying to win it. Ah chee was running back on an angle into Cripps path with the flight trying to win it as well.

WaynesWorld19

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ West Adelaide
Bad luck JuddgementDay

1660003775763.png

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
Almost guaranteed Blues will argue that Cripps didn't contact the head and that it was his head hitting the ground that caused the concussion

That means very little. If you choose to bump you bare responsibility to what happens to the other player if they are injured, not hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hotdish

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
St Kilda
Toby Greene out for season.

Flynn out for season so Preuss probably gets dropped this week (makes sense right).

Pavlovs Cat

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwood, Aston Villa
Only problem is I need to do it all on my dodgy phone with a dodgy data connection whilst at the footy on Saturday arvo and evening (maybe after a beer or two).

Wonder how valleys' connection is going. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad