News 2022 Injuries, Suspensions, Protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Jumped off the ground, made contact with the opponent's head and the victim was subbed off. It's 2 weeks
Might not be, the precedent has been set this year.

These are quotes from the Rioli appeal

The result has freed Rioli for West Coast's clash with North Melbourne at Docklands Stadium on Sunday, with the tribunal deeming the forward had not engaged in rough conduct and that his action was "not unreasonable".

The hit was judged as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact.

The jury, consisting of David Neitz, Shane Wakelin and tribunal chair Jeff Gleeson QC, believed Rioli had always intended to contest the footy, as opposed to bumping Rowell.

"Incidents such as this where the question revolves around whether and how the player is contesting the ball are not easy," Gleeson said.

"Rioli had eyes for the ball as he entered the contest (and) there is no doubt he braced for contact a split second before contact.

"But when doing so he did not cease to contest the ball. The way in which he did so was not unreasonable."

The jury's ruling that Rioli had made high contact with Rowell no longer mattered when the rough conduct charge was banished.

Cripps charge

The AFL's match review officer graded the rough conduct incident as careless conduct, high contact and high impact, drawing a two-match ban.

Using Rioli as a precedent if Carlton can argue that Cripps had eyes for the ball and wasnt trying to bump Ah Chee then the appeal should be successful.

Sherman41

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
I doubt Carmichael plays, even as sub.

I'm hoping he's omitted so I can use him as a donut and that's what I reckon will happen.
He looked rushed on Friday night. Didn’t execute very well. Wouldn’t of helped his chances.

But to be fair he has done a lot right since coming on board.

To be honest i didnt see it live and hadn't seen the replay until tonight. Supercoach aside i dont see how he can be suspended for that. He was clearly going for the ball. Shouldn't even be a free kick and im pretty sure it wasnt at the time.

Didn't ever turn to look at the ball.
Agree it wasn't malicious, but how do you claim he was going for the ball when he didn't once look at it?

Last edited:
$454k starting price for an average of 110
Am I crying because I never started him or because I have him and he's out for 2?
Yep.
I'll use my last trade to turn him into Darcy Parish.
No rugrats. (*)

(*) actually 2, but they don't tell me what to do.

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Didn't ever turn to look at the ball.
Agree it wasn't malicious, but how do you claim he was going for the ball when he didn't once look at it?
Why would he need to turn? He was directly facing the ball, looking at it, trying to win it. Ah chee was running back on an angle into Cripps path with the flight trying to win it as well.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Bad luck JuddgementDay

1660003775763.png

For a small fwd ? ......don't think McVeigh is dumb enough to repeat his mistake of a couple of weeks ago
Unfortunately anything to do with GWS makes me nervous there must be something in the water in western Sydney that makes them all Kent's.

hotdish

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
St Kilda
Toby Greene out for season.

Flynn out for season so Preuss probably gets dropped this week (makes sense right).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back