Injury 2022 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Sucks for Laird to be missing the first month... but it does open up midfield rotations for a developing youngster, which would otherwise be going to Laird.
Almost a blessing in a development year. We know what Laird can bring.

Reid talk about exposing our list end of last year.

Who do you think fills that role, Dawson? Opens up the wings for Hinge, Cook or Soglio.

Or more Like for like Berry or give Pedlar a run on ball?

For me I'd be getting games into Cook and Pedlar any chance we can.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Almost a blessing in a development year. We know what Laird can bring.

Reid talk about exposing our list end of last year.

Who do you think fills that role, Dawson? Opens up the wings for Hinge, Cook or Soglio.

Or more Like for like Berry or give Pedlar a run on ball?

For me I'd be getting games into Cook and Pedlar any chance we can.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Berry, Cook & Pedlar in the guts. I think Dawson is more outside, not really a centre clearance player.

Seedsman situation presents the same opportunity as Laird (and Walker). It's a shame these guys aren't playing but I agree with many here that it's a good opportunity for a young squad.
Do these injuries mean we might see players like Soligo, Cook and Gollant earlier than if the veterans were all playing? You bet it does!
Win lose or draw, watching our future run around in fair dinkum matches will be terrific viewing methinks.
Bring on Sunday!

Update Round 2

Rory Laird (hand) test
Andrew McPherson (hamstring) 1-2 weeks
Paul Seedsman (concussion) ongoing

I thought laird was out for 5?
Might suggest he'll play with some form of hand guard if he trains OK with it?

Reigning Club Champion Rory Laird will train on Wednesday as he nears a return from a broken hand, possibly as soon as this weekend against Collingwood at the MCG.

Laird broke his right hand in the Community Series game against Port Adelaide on March 5 but avoided surgery and has been training strongly since.

“Rory has been running really well, obviously one of the advantages of a hand injury is you can still run so he’s pushing for selection this week,” Burgess said.

“He will do most of training on Wednesday and if he gets through that unscathed then he will be available this week, and if not this week, then certainly back for Round Three.”

Might suggest he'll play with some form of hand guard if he trains OK with it?

Reigning Club Champion Rory Laird will train on Wednesday as he nears a return from a broken hand, possibly as soon as this weekend against Collingwood at the MCG.

Laird broke his right hand in the Community Series game against Port Adelaide on March 5 but avoided surgery and has been training strongly since.

“Rory has been running really well, obviously one of the advantages of a hand injury is you can still run so he’s pushing for selection this week,” Burgess said.

“He will do most of training on Wednesday and if he gets through that unscathed then he will be available this week, and if not this week, then certainly back for Round Three.”
We didn't learn from the Keays hand injury last year? He'll be able to run, but when disposal isn't your 1 wood, are you really at your best when you can't hold the ball normally?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn't learn from the Keays hand injury last year? He'll be able to run, but when disposal isn't your 1 wood, are you really at your best when you can't hold the ball normally?

When disposal isn't your one-wood it can't get any worse, so you might as well play whilst crippled?

Injury list as of Tuesday, March 29

Rory Laird (hand) available
Rory Sloane (adductor) test
Andrew McPherson (hamstring) 1 week

Injury list as of Tuesday, March 29

Rory Laird (hand) available
Andrew McPherson (hamstring) 1 week
******* disgusting that in the write up about this they mention that they are giving sloane every opportunity to prove himself right for the game.

its just pathetic.

what sort of a selfish flog goes into a game knowing he has an issue, then admits after his first touch that it was clearly a problem, plays s**t football clearly hampered by it for the next couple of quarters before putting his hand up to get subbed off and then demands to be picked the next week.

is this idiot and the club serious?

if he was in any sort of half decent form they might have a case.. but he’s playing garbage football at the moment and he himself would know this but he still thinks he deserves to be picke…

my past respect for Sloane has evaporated.. he’s lost the plot.

Injury List as of April 4​

Lachlan Murphy (neck) test

Injury List as of April 4​

Lachlan Murphy (neck) test
If Murphy's neck is playing up, I wouldn't risk him given he just came back from a neck injury.

Wouldn't rush Sloane back.

If Murphy's neck is playing up, I wouldn't risk him given he just came back from a neck injury.

Wouldn't rush Sloane back.
Maybe he did really injure his neck... but I can't help thinking that the club is just trolling Port by putting him on the injury list.

Maybe he did really injure his neck... but I can't help thinking that the club is just trolling Port by putting him on the injury list.
Dawson said that in the process of that "tackle" Mayes arm hit Lachie on the plate he had put in so I'm pretty sure there was no faking in it.

Dawson said that in the process of that "tackle" Mayes arm hit Lachie on the plate he had put in so I'm pretty sure there was no faking in it.
Typical Port Adelaide tough guy bullshit.

Same with the dangerous tackles - I counted at least three they dished out.

They do this s**t every showdown. I'm amazed we didn't lose a player to concussion in the first 15 mins for once.

That makes me nervous for Murph going forward.

The tackle was high but not hardest (most forceful) tackle he'll get. If he gets unlucky and cops a big one in the wrong spot, well, it just couldn't be good.

Hopefully it's all structurally sound but still tender from the surgery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back