Injury 2022 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

With Dawson's perforated ear drum, how will that affect him on a plane?

Anyone with medical background or experience in this area?
DR Google says

Is it safe to fly with a perforated eardrum?​

Yes, it is safe to fly with a perforated (burst) eardrum. But if you've had surgery to repair a perforated eardrum (myringoplasty), you shouldn't fly until your doctor or surgeon says it is safe to do so.

Paul Seedsman put on inactive list to open a mid-season draft pick, which mean his season is done

You'd think his career is on a knife edge, too

Paul Seedsman put on inactive list to open a mid-season draft pick, which mean his season is done

I don’t think it’s on a knife edge, he’s not costing us a list spot and he’s already contracted through 2023. I think whether he retires or not will be left entirely to him.

I don't think his career is on a knife edge at all. Sadly, his career is over.
This unfortunately might be right.
The type of players we draft in the MSD might provide insight as to how the club view his career status. If we take younger slow burners then I would take that as a long term objective for a long term problem. If the club think he will be back next year, they might draft a more "ready now" player.

Seeds for your own health call it a day. Life quality is more important than footy.

just read this..

wow.. that’s completely ****ed up.

its little wonder bad concussions end up destroying people‘s lives.

the poor lad has been putting up with migraines pretty much every day for 6 months now.

I get a migraine every few weeks that generally lasts two sometimes three days.. thankfully only occasionally it starts with a 30 minute aura and numbness in my hands and sometimes face (occular as Paul puts it).. sometimes my vision is shaky/weird for days after. most times it, as Seedsman has described, comes with bad nausea and dizziness.

had them since I was in my early teens. thanks to the old dear who genetically passed them down to me… and she had them worse than I ever have.

painkillers, unless its pretty much morphene (which just aint possible to take regularly), do sweet FA.

like I said i only get that every few weeks.. sometimes I’m lucky and I go a few months without one..but rarely.

I had one back in 2015 that effected me for two to three weeks.. probably shouldve gone to hospital but I was working FIFO at the time but I did have MRI scans later which found no issues.. ended up with severe anxiety and depression from it and, probably, the constant fear that another one like it could be just around the corner.

hearing Paul talk of the mental battle takes me straight back to that episode but again, 2-3 weeks it was, whereas he’s talking about 6 whole bloody months!!..

if I had to put up with that for an entire 6 months.. I reacon I’d probably just make the decision to end my life. The quality of that sort of life just isn’t worth it. It is just totally and utterly miserable. you do your best but you can barely function. Just talking to people makes you feel anxious and sick, bright light makes you want to vomit, noisy environments just completely * with you. hell, even the small jolt of hitting a pothole in the road whilst in a car can be bloody painful.. all you feel like doing is hiding at home.

Its good to hear Seed is positive and does still hope for a return to footy in the future but I think he’s probably dreaming… he just needs to get his normal life back for now and eventually I think he’ll realise tacking on a couple of extra years of footy at this end of his career isn't at all worth the risk.. one more bad head knock could see the rest of his life end up a complete misery.

just read this..

wow.. that’s completely ducked up.

the poor lad has been putting up with migraines pretty much every day for 6 months now.

I get a migraine every few weeks that generally lasts two sometimes three days.. thankfully only occasionally it starts with a 30 minute aura and numbness in my hands and sometimes face (occular as Paul puts it).. sometimes my vision is shaky/weird for days after. most times it, as Seedsman has described, comes with bad nausea and dizziness.

had them since I was in my early teens. thanks to the old dear who genetically passed them down to me… and she had them worse than I ever have.

painkillers, unless its pretty much morphene (which just aint possible to take regularly), do sweet FA.

like I said i only get that every few weeks.. sometimes I’m lucky and I go a few months without one..but rarely.

I had one back in 2015 that effected me for two to three weeks.. probably shouldve gone to hospital but I was working FIFO at the time but I did have MRI scans later which found no issues.. ended up with severe anxiety and depression from it and, probably, the constant fear that another one like it could be just around the corner.

hearing Paul talk of the mental battle takes me straight back to that episode but again, 2-3 weeks it was, whereas he’s talking about 6 whole bloody months!!..

if I had to put up with that for an entire 6 months.. I reacon I’d probably just make the decision to end my life. The quality of that sort of life just isn’t worth it. It is just totally and utterly miserable. you do your best but you can barely function. Just talking to people makes you feel anxious and sick, bright light makes you want to vomit, noisy environments just completely duck with you. hell, even the small jolt of hitting a pothole in the road whilst in a car can be bloody painful.. all you feel like doing is hiding at home.

Its good to hear Seed is positive and does still hope for a return to footy in the future but I think he’s probably dreaming… he just needs to get his normal life back for now and eventually I think he’ll realise tacking on a couple of extra years of footy at this end of his career isn't at all worth the risk.. one more bad head knock could see the rest of his life end up a complete misery.

I guess with Seed the 6 months followed a defined event which you’d hold hope would correct itself at some point. I started having them weekly out of nowhere at about 13. But they were a pretty mild version just with some blurred vision and would last a couple of hours. But they disappeared after only a few months from memory. Would be horrific if more severe and more regular, even mild versions are debilitating.

I guess with Seed the 6 months followed a defined event which you’d hold hope would correct itself at some point. I started having them weekly out of nowhere at about 13. But they were a pretty mild version just with some blurred vision and would last a couple of hours. But they disappeared after only a few months from memory. Would be horrific if more severe and more regular, even mild versions are debilitating.
I was getting them really bad and often. Causing vomiting. Even was admitted to the emergency ward over night with a drip to get fluids into me. Next day after 2 weeks of ongoing pain it was gone. They suggested that my GP subscribe ongoing medication. I have since been on nightly endep. Havent had a migraine now in 3 years since ive been on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was getting them really bad and often. Causing vomiting. Even was admitted to the emergency ward over night with a drip to get fluids into me. Next day after 2 weeks of ongoing pain it was gone. They suggested that my GP subscribe ongoing medication. I have since been on nightly endep. Havent had a migraine now in 3 years since ive been on it.
I don't get migraine headaches, but for several years have been having what I call visual migraines: no pain, but flashing lights before the eyes. What is curious is that they are always in the same pattern, a semi-circle ringed with flashing triangles. I'm curious to know if anyone has experienced this sort of thing. It seems to be brought on by long periods of screen use.

just read this..

wow.. that’s completely ducked up.

if I had to put up with that for an entire 6 months.. I reacon I’d probably just make the decision to end my life. The quality of that sort of life just isn’t worth it. It is just totally and utterly miserable. you do your best but you can barely function. Just talking to people makes you feel anxious and sick, bright light makes you want to vomit, noisy environments just completely duck with you. hell, even the small jolt of hitting a pothole in the road whilst in a car can be bloody painful.. all you feel like doing is hiding at home.

I think what Seeds has is likely a different situation to your genetic migraines. If indeed his headaches or migraines were a result of the concussion, then there’s a good chance they will eventually get less and less over time. The majority of concussions should resolve in symptoms whereas your typical migraine cases might have it for lifelong.

In the case of Seeds, after reading the link, I think it’s likely he’s been pushing himself too hard, and the physical exertion and emotional strain he’s put into the rehab can re-trigger the migraines. He needs to chill and take it slowly, like any rehab process from a prolonged stint in the sidelines.

I think what Seeds has is likely a different situation to your genetic migraines. If indeed his headaches or migraines were a result of the concussion, then there’s a good chance they will eventually get less and less over time. The majority of concussions should resolve in symptoms whereas your typical migraine cases might have it for lifelong.

In the case of Seeds, after reading the link, I think it’s likely he’s been pushing himself too hard, and the physical exertion and emotional strain he’s put into the rehab can re-trigger the migraines. He needs to chill and take it slowly, like any rehab process from a prolonged stint in the sidelines.

Yeh, I concluded that as well from Seed stating it too.

???… i never said mine and seeds situation was due to the same consequences..

although I have received a few sporting concussions (from footy, soccer, cricket and surfing) over the years.. which probably hasn't helped.

But a terrible migraine is a terrible migraine no matter what the bloody cause..

???… i never said mine and seeds situation was due to the same consequences..

although I have received a few sporting concussions (from footy, soccer, cricket and surfing) over the years.. which probably hasn't helped.

But a terrible migraine is a terrible migraine no matter what the bloody cause..
Not trying to argue, just making a general observation. Not all migraines are of the same magnitude or frequency, was my main point. If Seeds’ was severe and not improving, then I doubt he would be encouraged to keep training (and likely encouraged to retire this year).

Typical severe cases are what ends up in ED where the person is like a drunk with a bad hangover, not able to walk let alone run/train. So I think Seeds’ episodes would likely to be of a less sinister magnitude.

Injury list as of Tuesday, June 7:

Patrick Parnell (corked thigh) test
Fischer McAsey (leg) test
Josh Rachele (corked thigh) test
Jordon Butts (concussion protocol)
Rory Sloane (knee) season
Paul Seedsman (concussion) season

Injury list as of Tuesday, June 7:

Patrick Parnell (corked thigh) test
Josh Rachele (corked thigh) test
Jordon Butts (concussion protocol)
So everyone but Sloane & Seed should be available after the bye.

Gather McPherson is ok after missing last week as not listed.

Injury list as of Tuesday, June 14:

Brett Turner (foot) 2 weeks

Josh Rachele and Patrick Parnell have both recovered from corked thighs and are expected to be available to play Gold Coast this weekend.

Parnell was injured on debut in Adelaide’s win over West Coast in Round 12 while Rachele has not played since Round 10.

“Paddy had that significant corkie and was unable to train or run last week, but after the break he’s presented really well,” Crows High Performance Manager Darren Burgess said.

“He did some running away from training on Monday and will be able to complete full training tomorrow and be available for the weekend.

“And Josh has been steadily increasing his running capacity to the point where he trained fully on Monday and we expect him to train and be available (this weekend).

“It’s fair to say we’ve had to hold Josh back a little bit and just manage his training loads, because as you can imagine he’s pretty eager to get back out there.”
Fischer McAsey missed the Round 9 SANFL loss to Sturt with a leg injury but has resumed running and will be tested at training this week.

“Fish completed a really good running session on Monday and we’re hoping he’ll be able to train on Wednesday and be available, but he’ll be a test to see how he pulls up from the session yesterday,” Burgess said.

Jordon Butts has also exited the AFL’s concussion protocol and will be available to take on the Suns.

“Jordon has gone through the concussion protocol and has passed everything so he’ll be available to play this weekend,” Burgess said.

Mid-season recruit Brett Turner is making good progress from a foot injury and is expected to be integrated into training next week with a view to being available in the next fortnight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back