Injury 2022 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Simpson spotted at training!!! :rotatinglight: :rotatinglight: :rotatinglight:

Honestly thought his career might be over, nice to see there's at least a chance he might be back at some stage.

1652847105233.png

CS said on KROCK that PFD was subbed for a calf tweak....

Have to think hes an out for next week for Crows.

Calf anything is minimum a week i'd have thought.

GO Catters

CS said on KROCK that PFD was subbed for a calf tweak....

Have to think hes an out for next week for Crows.

Calf anything is minimum a week i'd have thought.

GO Catters
I'd suggest there is a bit of smoke and mirrors with this 'calf'. They wanted to sub him as clearly he wasn't right with that illness he played with and the calf was as good excuse as any especially as he missed weeks with it recently. I expect him to play vs Adelaide.

Will post further info when the club publishes their injury update, until then:

• Dangerfield unlikely until after the bye as they put him through a training block to set him up for the second half of the season
  • Henry progressing well, but not likely to be seen before the bye
  • Menegola also showing significant improvement but want him training freely before returning
  • Stanley & Narkle currently tests for this week
  • Kroeger fractured his wrist in the VFL yesterday

Will post further info when the club publishes their injury update, until then:

• Dangerfield unlikely until after the bye as they put him through a training block to set him up for the second half of the season
  • Henry progressing well, but not likely to be seen before the bye
  • Menegola also showing significant improvement but want him training freely before returning
  • Stanley & Narkle currently tests for this week
  • Kroeger fractured his wrist in the VFL yesterday

Coop come on down

Even by the very low bar they have set themselves, the communication around the Jack Henry injury has been unacceptable.
"Jack Henry is increasing his running program before being reintroduced to football and weā€™re happy with the progress heā€™s makingā€ sounds like it will be weeks away from a return

GEELONG vice-captain Patrick Dangerfield is likely to be sidelined in the coming weeks as he completes a mid-season conditioning block.

The Cats are managing their dynamic star conservatively after he was subbed out of the weekend's clash against the Power with a calf complaint.

"It is likely that a couple of weeks of training now would better serve Pat and provide the conditioning base required for the remainder of the season," head of medical and conditioning services Harry Taylor said.

"Our medical and performance team are continuing to monitor Patā€™s status."

Rhys Stanley and Quinton Narkle were late withdrawals against the Power with both players unable to overcome ankle injuries in time for the match.

Both will be tests for Saturday's clash with the Crows.

"Rhys and Quinton were given every opportunity to play against Port Adelaide but unfortunately didnā€™t tick off the relevant medical and conditioning tests prior to the game," Taylor said.

"They will continue with their reconditioning programs and will be assessed later in the week."

Sam Menegola (knee) and Jack Henry (foot) continue to make positive strides as they close in on a return to play.

"Sam Menegola is showing significant improvements, but weā€™ll be looking for Sam to complete full training before being available for selection which will come in the not-too-distant future," Taylor says.

"Jack has increased his change of direction loads and increased his running.

"He'll be ramping up his football over the coming weeks and is showing really good progress."

First-year Cat Flynn Kroeger picked up an unfortunate injury in his first outing of the year for Geelong's VFL side.

"Flynn unfortunately has a small fracture in his wrist that will be treated conservatively and we hope to see Flynn back out there in the medium term," Taylor says.

"Flynn will still be able to work on his football fitness whilst his wrist recovers."

Esava Ratugolea and Max Holmes are both working their way back from ankle surgery.

"Both Max and Esava are progressing well from their respective ankle injuries, with both building their running loads over the coming weeks," Taylor says.

"We hope to see both Max and Esava back in football specific drills in the coming weeks."

Shaun Higgins was unable to prove his fitness for the weekend's action after missing the last two matches with general soreness.

Jonathon Ceglar is closing in on reintegration to the football program after foot surgery.

First-year Cats Cooper Whyte (groin) and James Willis (knee) remain sidelined, as do Sam Simpson(concussion), Paul Tsapatolis (ankle) and Nick Stevens (foot).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RE: Henry, he was interviewed on the radio pre-game on Saturday and was a bit more forthcoming about the injury.

He said heā€™s largely painfree now, is back training, and will be touch and go for the first game back after the bye.

"Jack Henry is increasing his running program before being reintroduced to football and weā€™re happy with the progress heā€™s makingā€ sounds like it will be weeks away from a return

I doubt he plays for months tbh.

Dissappointing news re Dangerfield - who i still think is Geel most important player - and in my opinion the Cats are vulnerable when he isnt in the team on a week to week basis

Geel are about a million to one to win the flag - but without him - they are a trillion to one

The only positive on the injury front ( hell of alot injured ) is with Gary Rohan ( who is a valuable player in the home and away season no question about it ) all we were consistently told - look hes 8-12 weeks away - he has to do a mini pre season - and the earliest you will see him is in the 2nd half of year - well that turned out factually incorrect by a long way

So maybe the news they release is super cautious - and there could be - hopefully players coming back earlier than 1st advised

Dissappointing news re Dangerfield - who i still think is Geel most important player - and in my opinion the Cats are vulnerable when he isnt in the team on a week to week basis

Geel are about a million to one to win the flag - but without him - they are a trillion to one

The only positive on the injury front ( hell of alot injured ) is with Gary Rohan ( who is a valuable player in the home and away season no question about it ) all we were consistently told - look hes 8-12 weeks away - he has to do a mini pre season - and the earliest you will see him is in the 2nd half of year - well that turned out factually incorrect by a long way

So maybe the news they release is super cautious - and there could be - hopefully players coming back earlier than 1st advised
Let Danger recover properly. We need him fit for the business end of the season instead of carrying injuries and getting frustrated.

I doubt he plays for months tbh.
I seriously doubted he was anywhere close as well. However, his radio interview prior to Saturday's game had him openly talking about playing before or just after the bye. Don't know why he would talk about a definitive timeframe like that if he's actually miles off being close.

Having said that, though, it was also clear from how he spoke that he's been doing stacks of training away from the group rather than being integrated into all the footy drills at this point. So it almost felt like conflicting messages about where he's at was the order of the day.

Just the way the club likes it.

:rolleyes:

I seriously doubted he was anywhere close as well. However, his radio interview prior to Saturday's game had him openly talking about playing before or just after the bye. Don't know why he would talk about a definitive timeframe like that if he's actually miles off being close.

Having said that, though, it was also clear from how he spoke that he's been doing stacks of training away from the group rather than being integrated into all the footy drills at this point. So it almost felt like conflicting messages about where he's at was the order of the day.

Just the way the club likes it.

:rolleyes:

And what, pray tell, infinitesimal advantage do they gain by doing so?

Rhetorical question btw.

He could carry that weight when he still had his pace, as that starts to go so should the weight

Unfortunately something has to give and I suspect with a loss of 4-5kg from Patrick's frame, that will mean he loses strength and as such, is not as damaging in contested possession situations but the other option is to continue ignoring what his body is saying and keep on sustaining soft tissue injuries for the next couple of years.

And what, pray tell, infinitesimal advantage do they gain by doing so?

Rhetorical question btw.
Sorry, but to answer your rhetorical question, I've never been able to discern any distinct advantage. But I'm well aware of the disadvantages.

To your own supporters, you look secretive and half-smart. To the rest of the comp, you look silly and paranoid.

So it's a clear 'win-win' for mine.

:huh:

Sorry, but to answer your rhetorical question, I've never been able to discern any distinct advantage. But I'm well aware of the disadvantages.

To your own supporters, you look secretive and half-smart. To the rest of the comp, you look silly and paranoid.

So it's a clear 'win-win' for mine.

:huh:

It's just so futile, and childish, that it's hard to comprehend grown adults participating in the exercise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back