Injury 2022 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Rohan and Stanley are aiming to be available for Friday night's clash against the Western Bulldogs. The pair need to prove their fitness at Wednesday's main training session at GMHBA Stadium. Henry won't be available until after the bye but is building up his workload following the foot injury he suffered against Hawthorn on Easter Monday. Dangerfield is still missing with a calf issue and is expected to good to go after the bye.

Also, Ceglar is listed as 2 weeks and Rata 3 weeks.

Rohan and Stanley are aiming to be available for Friday night's clash against the Western Bulldogs. The pair need to prove their fitness at Wednesday's main training session at GMHBA Stadium. Henry won't be available until after the bye but is building up his workload following the foot injury he suffered against Hawthorn on Easter Monday. Dangerfield is still missing with a calf issue and is expected to good to go after the bye.

Rohan could be very handy v Doggies.
Stanley is always in my best 22

Some good news sounds like menegola higgins should play our next vfl game and ceglar and sav arent far behind..ill believe it when i see it on henry.

Well bugger - though it may open up a spot to keep Stephens in seniors over the short term as others return

We never need to worry about how we fit all our returning players back- there are ALWAYS injuries.

Well bugger - though it may open up a spot to keep Stephens in seniors over the short term as others return

Remember that mark he took on the Boundary and the strange motions with the ball for a few seconds afterwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember that mark he took on the Boundary and the strange motions with the ball for a few seconds afterwards.

There didn't look much in that contest - do war know if he hurt it then, or could it have happened earlier but it wasn't really noticeable until that moment?

Either way, he played out the match, finishing with 72% TOG which is up slightly on his season average of 71%, and finished with a team high 7 tackles

Didn't he miss time previously with an injured (broken?) hand?
No & yes...

He broke/fractured his thumb early in the 2020 grand final, but played out the match - he really struggled to tackle, though he kept going in for the contest

He had surgery after that on the fracture; so he's had surgery on a hand injury previously but he didn't miss any matches because of it

Reckon Holmes plays a VFL game. Club is saying Menegola in the frame.
That's what I'd be thinking - yes I want him in the seniors, but surely he blows out the cobwebs in the VFL

For

And I can’t stress this enough

Fugsake

Frustrating but he should he back for our crucial games post wce north and richmond.
Silver liningis it probably gives stephens another 2-3 games although it depends how quickly we bring guys like menegola back into the afl side.

That's what I'd be thinking - yes I want him in the seniors, but surely he blows out the cobwebs in the VFL

You would think so but the vfl having the bye this week makes that more difficult..idsay they would have liked to play guys like him and menegola in vfl this week then afl for the wce game...so they will either have to bring them in cold or vfl on june18 then afl for the rich game.

Are Danger and Holmes supposed to be back for the West Coast game?

Sounds like they will be.

Menegola technically also but they might want him to have 1-2 more inthe vfl first. That said because parf and menegola are both very goof defensively it might make them bring the latter in early.

No & yes...

He broke/fractured his thumb early in the 2020 grand final, but played out the match - he really struggled to tackle, though he kept going in for the contest

He had surgery after that on the fracture; so he's had surgery on a hand injury previously but he didn't miss any matches because of it
He finished the game with strapping on the right hand consistent with a thumb injury.No strapping at the start of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back