Injury 2022 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Knee soreness - not sure there's much more to it at this stage

He had it cleaned out after last season and that seemed to majorly interrupt his summer

His return to the field was round 2 in the VFL, but lasted less then a half due to a concussion. His return from concussion was delayed, and the next we saw of him was 2 months later in round 11 of the VFL

He then played 4.25 AFL games - subbed out with concussion, and now back out with knee soreness

I wouldn't totally rule him out for the season, but not sure he should a first choice option at the moment either
Considering the recent sad news about Dave Schultz, I wouldn't be surprised if they were also being careful due to those concussions, without highlighting it.

I think that delayed return after concussion was also due to knee soreness.
I meant to add that in, but got distracted as I was writing that up while ordering lunch

I think Menegola battles to get back in, big tank and obviously very experienced but someone has to miss out and he worries me.. That game against Melbourne a couple of times I noticed he just doesn't have acceleration this year, the player near him would take off and he didn't have the gears to even try go.

Reckon Holmes on the wing may have pushed him out, with Reg back they potentially also roll Mitch off the wing so it's all very tight atm

GEELONG will once again have a tough week at the selection table with dashing Cat Zach Tuohy given the green light after clearing health and safety protocols.

Tuohy missed his first match of the season against the Bulldogs with his remarkable durability on show in 2022 as the veteran Cat closes in on 250 games.

“Zach will exit Health and Safety protocols this week and will be available for selection,” head of medical and conditioning services Harry Taylor says.

Sam Menegola will also be pressing his case after missing consecutive matches.

“Sam was cleared to play from an AFL Concussion Protocol perspective, however due to some knee soreness Sam was unable to get up for the game,” Taylor says.

“Sam will be a test later this week to determine his availability.”

The Cats will be without a pair of forwards, with both Gary Rohan and Shannon Neale suffering head knocks across the weekend’s action.

Gary and Shannon will enter the AFL concussion protocols and will be unavailable for this week,” Taylor says.

Sidelined ruck Rhys Stanley is making steady progress after some minor cartilage damage to his knee.

“Rhys is progressing well in his reconditioning program, with the view to increase his group training integration later this week,” Taylor says.

First-year draftee Flynn Kroeger’s surgery was a success last week after the club opted to fix a lingering issue that had troubled his first season at the club.

“Flynn had knee surgery on Tuesday last week to resolve a persistent knee injury,” Taylor says.

“Flynn’s surgery went well, and he will now complete a graduated reconditioning program to allow him to undertake a solid pre-season training period.”

Fellow draftee Cooper Whyte (groin) and veteran Shaun Higgins (knee) remain on the sidelines.

GEELONG will once again have a tough week at the selection table with dashing Cat Zach Tuohy given the green light after clearing health and safety protocols.

Tuohy missed his first match of the season against the Bulldogs with his remarkable durability on show in 2022 as the veteran Cat closes in on 250 games.

“Zach will exit Health and Safety protocols this week and will be available for selection,” head of medical and conditioning services Harry Taylor says.

Sam Menegola will also be pressing his case after missing consecutive matches.

“Sam was cleared to play from an AFL Concussion Protocol perspective, however due to some knee soreness Sam was unable to get up for the game,” Taylor says.

“Sam will be a test later this week to determine his availability.”

The Cats will be without a pair of forwards, with both Gary Rohan and Shannon Neale suffering head knocks across the weekend’s action.

Gary and Shannon will enter the AFL concussion protocols and will be unavailable for this week,” Taylor says.

Sidelined ruck Rhys Stanley is making steady progress after some minor cartilage damage to his knee.

“Rhys is progressing well in his reconditioning program, with the view to increase his group training integration later this week,” Taylor says.

First-year draftee Flynn Kroeger’s surgery was a success last week after the club opted to fix a lingering issue that had troubled his first season at the club.

“Flynn had knee surgery on Tuesday last week to resolve a persistent knee injury,” Taylor says.

“Flynn’s surgery went well, and he will now complete a graduated reconditioning program to allow him to undertake a solid pre-season training period.”

Fellow draftee Cooper Whyte (groin) and veteran Shaun Higgins (knee) remain on the sidelines.

Flynn Kroeger more surgery. Oof. Whyte nowhere to be found. Sure hope these kids are coming back one day

Interesting comments from Parf today (in the Addy) about the impact COVID had on him - “step backwards”.

Refinforces that while some it will just be a few days with mild symptoms and miss a week and back to it, others it might impact for two or three weeks in terms of fitness/training.

All clubs are at risk of this over the next few weeks

Interesting comments from Parf today (in the Addy) about the impact COVID had on him - “step backwards”.

Refinforces that while some it will just be a few days with mild symptoms and miss a week and back to it, others it might impact for two or three weeks in terms of fitness/training.

All clubs are at risk of this over the next few weeks

I'd hope our players and staff are smart enough to realise we're right on the edge of a flag tilt and take every measure possible, e.g. mini bubble, to avoid a COVID outbreak/affecting our top players, for the next 2 or so months.

I'd hope our players and staff are smart enough to realise we're right on the edge of a flag tilt and take every measure possible, e.g. mini bubble, to avoid a COVID outbreak/affecting our top players, for the next 2 or so months.

Scott was asked about this on 360 a couple of weeks ago and without giving much away, said the club had spoken to players about this and that plans were being put in place. I'd certainly hope and expect our players are willing to sacrifice their social lives for a month. Losing a handful of players to COVID before a final could cost a team the flag.

The biggest exposure risk for COVID is family members bringing it home from school/workplace. It’s going to happen at some point. It’s all down to luck.

When you consider more than 50% of Victorians have contracted Covid, Geelong FC has done amazingly well to date - TOUCH WOOD - Is it just Kolo and Tuohy who each missed a game because of Covid?

When you consider more than 50% of Victorians have contracted Covid, Geelong FC has done amazingly well to date - TOUCH WOOD - Is it just Kolo and Tuohy who each missed a game because of Covid?

Didn't think Kolodjashnij had

Pretty sure it's been Rohan, Parfitt & Tuohy who've missed senior games

Thinking Dahlhaus missed two weeks of VFL, not sure if there's any others who've missed VFL matches though but wouldn't be surprised

Scott was asked about this on 360 a couple of weeks ago and without giving much away, said the club had spoken to players about this and that plans were being put in place. I'd certainly hope and expect our players are willing to sacrifice their social lives for a month. Losing a handful of players to COVID before a final could cost a team the flag.

Agreed..hope we are incredibly careful for the next 8 weeks.

Didn't think Kolodjashnij had

Pretty sure it's been Rohan, Parfitt & Tuohy who've missed senior games

Thinking Dahlhaus missed two weeks of VFL, not sure if there's any others who've missed VFL matches though but wouldn't be surprised

Kolo did miss one through protocols.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And parfitt and nick stevens also had it.

I think Hawkins and a few others had it in the off-season.

The problem is you can get it a second time. The perfect time for the team to get it would be round 23 tbh.

Miss a stinker of a game against WCE at home, have the finals bye and then not have to worry about reinfection for the finals. Obviously barring any long COVID symptoms and it would be better that they not get it at all.

Y

yep…low grade apparently so hopeful back for the finals…

But that means a change this week - have no idea who they bring in given all the “fringe players” are mids/smalls/backs…. Will Neale get a look in?
Henry forward. A backmen that would've been dropped (E. G. MOC) stays in

Doing Great GIF by Best Part Productions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back