Injury 2022 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was being facetious because your point about them losing a game yesterday and disregarding the preceding three months warranted it. It's not like we don't have recent precedent going into a final that we should have won against an MCG tenant, missing a key forward and not getting the chocolates. Jez is massively crucial to us winning, we can't win this year's flag without him.
Which performances the past 6 weeks particularly impressed you?

Demons was very good
Port was average
Essendon was bordering on sub-par
Crows was average
North Melbourne was bordering on sub-par
Suns was decent given stakes and conditions

1/3 games at the G they performed very well. Is it such a great form line? Their percentage suggests they're just slightly above middle of the road.

Trust me with whatever cash you’ve got lying around. He has not done his hammy in any way shape or form.

Media understandably just looking for a story. I’m told 100% categorically ……. No issues and just being rested.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That is great news. But why would they do this when they cld just rest him. Is this so we don't look like we are taking WCE lightly?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

That is great news. But why would they do this when they cld just rest him. Is this so we don't look like we are taking WCE lightly?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
I believe it may be in part due to him being a really live chance to win the coleman. Punters would be up in arms who bet on him if they just said he was being rested. Also we like playing games like we have done with Stanley

We're two games clear on top of the ladder...I don't think that's fully sunk in yet. As Daz said in the pregame thread we can literally only lose from this game.

I wouldn't read too much into the Cameron news...we'd probably rest a bloke with a paper cut this week.

Trust me with whatever cash you’ve got lying around. He has not done his hammy in any way shape or form.

Media understandably just looking for a story. I’m told 100% categorically ……. No issues and just being rested.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I call bullshit because I seen him grab at it after a marking attempt.

We're two games clear on top of the ladder...I don't think that's fully sunk in yet. As Daz said in the pregame thread we can literally only lose from this game.

I wouldn't read too much into the Cameron news...we'd probably rest a bloke with a paper cut this week.
Careful of the word literally there. A healthy win, players maintaining form and no new niggles would be seriously winning from this game. And not terribly unlikely either.

And he grimaced and walked away. I was instantly concerned then forgot about it.
Which quarter?
He was running pretty freely in the 4th until he went off. He didn’t grab it at all in the 4th I went back to have a look.

That poster is usually pretty on the money with inside word from memory.

Which quarter?
He was running pretty freely in the 4th until he went off. He didn’t grab it at all in the 4th I went back to have a look.

I wish I could buy into this theory but I was at the game right above the Geelong race. Sadly Jezza has one hundred percent done a hammy.

In person it was extremely obvious.

It was obvious to the extent the Suns supporters around me pretty much talked of nothing else the last quarter.

Darty continued to grab his hammy and grimace after the game too. While players like Rohan, Sels, Hawks and so on were happily signing things for the kids along the boundary, Darty stood back looking deeply anxious. He still smiled and waved and chucked footies to the kids, but for the most part he was very visibly worried and kept grabbing his leg.

When the news broke yesterday, the person I went to the game with texted confused because he thought everyone already knew.

I was hoping against hope but now we have the official confirmation I can't live in denial any longer.

I was hoping against hope but now we have the official confirmation I can't live in denial any longer.

It's a minor hamstring injury to a player and the club said he will be fine to play in a couple of weeks for the QF. It's not like you murdered anyone so there's no need to be so dramatic about it.

Two things that tell me there is at least some sort of a niggle with Jessa,1 Selwood straight to him post game inquiring,2 still just feeling the hammy post game.
The chase down and tackle with 10 minutes to go seconds before he leaves the grounds is what caused it in my opinion he had been moving freely up to then.I was also at the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things that tell me there is at least some sort of a niggle with Jessa,1 Selwood straight to him post game inquiring,2 still just feeling the hammy post game.
The chase down and tackle with 10 minutes to go seconds before he leaves the grounds is what caused it in my opinion he had been moving freely up to then.

Agree but remember he had a similar injury scare round 1 and played every game since. Im not super worried he has 3 weeks to be right for the first final.

I wish I could buy into this theory but I was at the game right above the Geelong race. Sadly Jezza has one hundred percent done a hammy.

In person it was extremely obvious.

It was obvious to the extent the Suns supporters around me pretty much talked of nothing else the last quarter.

Darty continued to grab his hammy and grimace after the game too. While players like Rohan, Sels, Hawks and so on were happily signing things for the kids along the boundary, Darty stood back looking deeply anxious. He still smiled and waved and chucked footies to the kids, but for the most part he was very visibly worried and kept grabbing his leg.

When the news broke yesterday, the person I went to the game with texted confused because he thought everyone already knew.

Im not denying what your saying, I just think it’s extremely odd there was no ice or anything applied.

Which quarter?

I think it may have been the third. I'll have to watch it again.

Agree but remember he had a similar injury scare round 1 and played every game since. Im not super worried he has 3 weeks to be right for the first final.
I'm not saying the leg will be amputated just that it wasn't a con.I to think he'd be most likely to play in the first final than not on the club report.

I did notice he hurt his hammy during the game and mentioned it to those I was watching with. But he came back on right? Plus I believe the club in saying he'll be fine for the QF.

I'm not saying the leg will be amputated just that it wasn't a con.I to think he'd be most likely to play in the first final than not on the club report.

Im not saying its a complete con but also if tomorrow was a PF im sure hed play. Its very minor.

I did notice he hurt his hammy during the game and mentioned it to those I was watching with. But he came back on right? Plus I believe the club in saying he'll be fine for the QF.

Ch 7 reported it happened halfway through the last quarter when he lunged to tackle someone, he went straight off the field and didn’t return.

Ch 7 reported it happened halfway through the last quarter when he lunged to tackle someone, he went straight off the field and didn’t return.

So either the club has 'created' the injury, a la Jumping Jack, or they're trying to cloud its severity to cause uncertainty in the planning dept's of our opponents.

Or they're telling the truth as they know it.

Time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back