Injury 2022 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Been interesting following this thread. Just to be sure, I went outside to check. No, the sky is not falling.

All I can do is keep stating facts as they've been relayed to me. Cameron has not "done his hamstring" nor does he have even a "slight strain". Yes, he may have had some awareness which can be anything from a cramp, to very minor tightness, that can develop into something or nothing. In this case I'm told it's a nothing and the fact that he's running laps and playing golf does all but rule out the fact that this is anything more than a club being very careful with arguably the best player in the comp right now.

We're playing a "dead rubber" this weekend against the worst side in the comp right now (yes worse than North) who is travelling to Melbourne. As many have already stated in here, Geelong have nothing to gain, but everything to lose by putting blokes like Cameron out there. Expect a few more to be rested this week if they're not 100% or the club feels their GPS tracker stats suggest a rest is in order. The following blokes are either best players in our team / or most important players (who we might struggle to cover with like for like ...... Cameron >> Blicavs >> DeKoning >> Stanley.

We already know that 2 of those won't play this weekend. Let's see what happens with the others.

can i also just address a particular false myth that has been mentioned by a few in here and also journalists which is just not true.

reinjuring the same hamstring means nothing. It only is a problem if you have a new tear in the exact same spot you previously did. Having a tear in a different part of the same hamstring means nothing in terms of increased time on the sidelines.

Do not get sucked into this myth and let it scare you, it is a wide misconception people do not properly understand and run with in the wrong context.

Not going to drop names as it’s not the right thing to do in here for obvious reasons.

He’s 100% fine I’m told. And he doesn’t care less about the Coleman …. Has one already and like the club is far more focused on GF win.

For what’s it’s worth, same person told me the list is very healthy and they’re in great shape compared to how they’ve gone into previous finals campaigns. They’ve had to hold a few blokes back who are ready to run through brick walls. Has been involved with other clubs and says he’s never seen a group this focused or as much buy in to what they’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Tuohy and Parfitt looked ready to jump out of their skins when they came back into the team. From memory - the first thing Parfitt did was tackle someone hard and slam them into the turf.

Been interesting following this thread. Just to be sure, I went outside to check. No, the sky is not falling.

All I can do is keep stating facts as they've been relayed to me. Cameron has not "done his hamstring" nor does he have even a "slight strain". Yes, he may have had some awareness which can be anything from a cramp, to very minor tightness, that can develop into something or nothing. In this case I'm told it's a nothing and the fact that he's running laps and playing golf does all but rule out the fact that this is anything more than a club being very careful with arguably the best player in the comp right now.

We're playing a "dead rubber" this weekend against the worst side in the comp right now (yes worse than North) who is travelling to Melbourne. As many have already stated in here, Geelong have nothing to gain, but everything to lose by putting blokes like Cameron out there. Expect a few more to be rested this week if they're not 100% or the club feels their GPS tracker stats suggest a rest is in order. The following blokes are either best players in our team / or most important players (who we might struggle to cover with like for like ...... Cameron >> Blicavs >> DeKoning >> Stanley.

We already know that 2 of those won't play this weekend. Let's see what happens with the others.
Thanks mate for the commonsense update. Gee we've got a few chicken little's here.

Also - saw the article about Sav playing down back.

Guess what to all those haters, I reckon Sav is taking SDK's spot down back this week. Would be a great learning curve to play against Darling and a very weakened Eagles side. Ceglar loves to chop out down back, so he'd have some protection. But overall, he's a freak athlete, and doesn't have to hunt the ball in this role as we all know his timing is a bit off. So let him follow his man and use his capabilities to launch at the ball at the last second to spoil. We might very surprised and it would be something awesome to roll out next season.

Tuohy and Parfitt looked ready to jump out of their skins when they came back into the team. From memory - the first thing Parfitt did was tackle someone hard and slam them into the turf.
yeah he was an absolute bull at a gate that last quarter against the Dogs or Saints (whichever game it was) I remember thinking though as well that it was clear he just wanted his spot back and obviously Atkins had really stepped up in the 6 weeks so it wasn't a walk up spot anymore

hunger is a good thing here

Guess what to all those haters, I reckon Sav is taking SDK's spot down back this week. Would be a great learning curve to play against Darling and a very weakened Eagles side. Ceglar loves to chop out down back, so he'd have some protection. But overall, he's a freak athlete, and doesn't have to hunt the ball in this role as we all know his timing is a bit off. So let him follow his man and use his capabilities to launch at the ball at the last second to spoil. We might very surprised and it would be something awesome to roll out next season.
Would not surprise me one bit if that happened... and I hope it does.

If the club thinks that there is no issue with guys missing this week and next week (due to the bye)... Rest as many as you need.

Will be interesting if/when we win our first final and some guys would have only played 1 game in a month before a prelim.

Better fit and ready to go than banged up I guess.

Its why we brought in Ceglar. He might just do a Clark Keating for us.
Obviously. But my point is that Stanley will deservedly get the call and if he folds injury-wise in a match we'll be a big man down as I doubt they'll play both Ceglar and Stanley. Hence my concern about Stanley's injury history.

Thanks mate for the commonsense update. Gee we've got a few chicken little's here.

Also - saw the article about Sav playing down back.

Gee , not only has SDK been brilliant he's also been incredibly durable. :thumbsu:
I think he plays unless he's carrying a niggle to be honest - don't think they will flirt with his form unless he's NQR.

Where do you get your mail from?? Ling and lonegan both saying he did have a strain on the podcast… danger also saying he has a strained hammy on sen…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do you get your mail from?? Ling and lonegan both saying he did have a strain on the podcast… danger also saying he has a strained hammy on sen…
They also said Stanley injured himself last week and in the port game (but was subbed out sitting on the bench looking happier than a guy who just won the lotto).

Also said Danger had some calf issue moments before the GC game... (very sus on that as well).

Maybe all these guys + Cameron did/do have some issue... But reading between the lines, they all are on the very, very, very minor side and we have been in a good enough position to just not play them or push them into making any issue worse.

Still, It's hard to believe anything they say these days... Just look at the number of late outs we randomly have, we do a lot of this stuff strategically.

They also said Stanley injured himself last week and in the port game (but was subbed out sitting on the bench looking happier than a guy who just won the lotto).

Also said Danger had some calf issue moments before the GC game... (very sus on that as well).

Maybe all these guys + Cameron did/do have some issue... But reading between the lines, they all are on the very, very, very minor side and we have been in a good enough position to just not play them or push them into making any issue worse.

Still, It's hard to believe anything they say these days... Just look at the number of late outs we randomly have, we do a lot of this stuff strategically.
I think we would be pinching ourselves over the last several weeks- guaranteed top 4 and able to rest players to ensure we are in ripping condition for September.
Top spot now assured and able to rest two superstars who may have otherwise played had we not been in the position we are✅

I believe he has had a minor niggle or awareness even, but for the club to be so confident saying he will play means it can't be major.

Ling and co on the podcast will always literally just trot out whatever they are told by the club, and Danger isn't exactly going to come out and say "Nah it is nothing at all" when the club has said one thing is he?
Those guys saying what they are, doesn't mean it is take it to the bank stuff, that said neither does some rando on BF saying it is all ok haha

It’s garbage.

They know it

I know it

You know it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I believe he has had a minor niggle or awareness even, but for the club to be so confident saying he will play means it can't be major.

Ling and co on the podcast will always literally just trot out whatever they are told by the club, and Danger isn't exactly going to come out and say "Nah it is nothing at all" when the club has said one thing is he?
Those guys saying what they are, doesn't mean it is take it to the bank stuff, that said neither does some rando on BF saying it is all ok haha
If Jezza had really strained his hammy,how come no ice on it when he was sitting on the bench ?

Apparently they jogged slow laps or for jez it was just a single lap which is normal in the first few days after a low grade strain. It is all based on pain and not so much on the actual scan
Cameron did more than just jog a lap. Did light training drills as did quite a few other players (including Stanley). There's even a picture of Cameron and Stanley competing one on one in a marking contest in one of the papers. They both must have cut their way out of the cotton wool that the club doctors wrapped them in after the Suns game.

I repeat - there is no strain and the scans categorically stated that.

Cameron did more than just jog a lap. Did light training drills as did quite a few other players (including Stanley). There's even a picture of Cameron and Stanley competing one on one in a marking contest in one of the papers. They both must have cut their way out of the cotton wool that the club doctors wrapped them in after the Suns game.

I repeat - there is no strain and the scans categorically stated that.
FB_IMG_1660763249613.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back