Injury 2022 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I Hope Please GIF

So what’s the treatment for a neural hamstring?
Depends on cause. If it is originating from spine (narrowing of joint space which would most likely be genetic as he is very young, would just unload him and get movement back into him). If it's muscular impingement, they can needle him to release or just massage.

What's that mean

McGuane is also testament to what can happen when the jab goes wrong, as it did against Adelaide at Victoria Park in the mid-1990s. He’d already had a painkilling injection to get through a fitness test on the Friday, woke up sore the next morning, and by the warm-up knew he was in trouble.
‘‘I dropped the footy and my leg just wasn’t willing to come through. It was like I had three or four bricks tied to the inside of my leg, I just couldn’t lift it.’’

There is no greater example of McGuane’s ability to find the ball than the fact he had more than 20 touches by the time he retreated to the bench just after half-time, although he admits ‘‘about 18 of them were handballs, and the rest mis-kicks’’.
All bets are off come the grand final, and the cloak of secrecy comes off, too, once the job is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back