Injury 2022 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry that I'm setting this up for yet another year, please note in crossing my fingers this doesn't get much use

Though we are in a new year and unfortunately we are starting off with some injury news - and it's a dreaded foot injury

Sorry that I'm setting this up for yet another year, please note in crossing my fingers this doesn't get much use

Though we are in a new year and unfortunately we are starting off with some injury news - and it's a dreaded foot injury

Very unhappy news. Our very brightest prospect as far as bone fide star material in a young player.
Let's hope this partial fracture heals well with the surgery.

I remember posting about them catching it early and being in a boot early on in preseason training.
Not sure if this is a second opinion or a the lack of progress after taking it easy… but I’m done with foot injuries for a while. Stewy now this… give me spell

Go Catters

He's our future. Hope we are extra cautious with this one.
Even if he writes of season 2022. He's got the next 10 years ahead of him.
I really rate him, I think we all do. Definitely my favourite Cat. He relies on his running capacity and his ability to spring, and I really hope that is not affected long term by this injury. The dreaded navicula- and I don't know if he has that- but it has cost many players. At least Linc McCarthy is back to his best again.

Miers syndesmosis surgery, return date unknown.

Ceglar has had a knee arthroscope, expected to recover quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miers syndesmosis surgery, return date unknown.

Ceglar has had a knee arthroscope, expected to recover quickly.

Really hope this is not like the last ex Hawk ruckman we picked up with a dodgy knee. He played one lousy game, reinjured his knee, and we effectively never saw him again.

David Loats.

Sky is not falling yet Vbuds lol
Agreed. I was not expecting much from him anyway, so any games that he features in will be a bonus for me. After all, I still rate Stanley and Sav.

Really hope this is not like the last ex Hawk ruckman we picked up with a dodgy knee. He played one lousy game, reinjured his knee, and we effectively never saw him again.

David Loats.

We’ve had multiple players like that.

Loats, Playfair, McCarthy, Chambers, Street, Gardiner, Haynes.

Weren’t we blessed with key position player talent!

We’ve had multiple players like that.

Loats, Playfair, McCarthy, Chambers, Street, Gardiner, Haynes.

Weren’t we blessed with key position player talent!
Clark, HMac!!

David Loats.

Honestly though Vdubs, when you are signing 30+ year old's, are health complications to be unexpected?

And let's be brutally honest here . . . Ceglar spent years on the sidelines at Hawthorn because of knee and hip issues and it's not like we haven't dabbled in this kind of thing before when it comes to our big men.

At least we have finally recruited a young healthy (highly touted) ruck for the future so we aren't exactly placing all our eggs into the Jonathon Ceglar/Rhys Stanley basket this time around.
If Ceglar works out, fine. If not, we fall back on young Conway.

Miers injury opens the door for Stengle but we are well stocked for small fwd options so not worried there.

Hopefully ceglar can play at least one practice game and be ready for R1..i believe rhys plays his best when he has competition for his spot and we need ceglar to be fit to give him that (as conway and neale arent realistically ready to ruck this year).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back