Autopsy 2022 Intra-Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Skipped through it but I thought Gresh looked pretty good for his first run in a long time. Will be great to have him back.

Apart from that thought Byrnes and Bytel were both decent, DMac looked good, Sharman looked good. Defence is our strength, lots of good depth in that area of the ground and competition for spots will be fierce.

Hard to take too much away from these types of games but mostly just happy for no injuries.

I like that Baynes kid from Sandy, looks a little jet. Byrnes looks good, he's improved a substantial amount. Surprised by how good Peris was, I wasn't expecting much and Mitch and Windy are both likely types who look like they could be players.

We chose to upload it to a 3rd party. Our hosting is not through YouTube.
I know that. The two files are hosted on different platforms, so I don't know how we can make comparisons to things like issues in hosting.

I have a feeling the club tried to put it on the website via Brightcove on Monday and had issues, I've noticed videos coming from the AFL's hosting company, whether it was Bigpond years ago or Brightcove now is that there's usually more issues with them than the stuff clubs put out on YouTube. As a recent example, Dal's presser against the Blues cuts off abruptly a minute or so in. And I've noticed issues occasionally with the videos that go through Brightcove. It's a pretty shitty system, even the user experience is clunky.

I know that. The two files are hosted on different platforms, so I don't know how we can make comparisons to things like issues in hosting.

I have a feeling the club tried to put it on the website via Brightcove on Monday and had issues, I've noticed videos coming from the AFL's hosting company, whether it was Bigpond years ago or Brightcove now is that there's usually more issues with them than the stuff clubs put out on YouTube. As a recent example, Dal's presser against the Blues cuts off abruptly a minute or so in. And I've noticed issues occasionally with the videos that go through Brightcove. It's a pretty shitty system, even the user experience is clunky.
I guess the point I'm making George is that all AFL clubs have the same hosting and framework. If some clubs can get it up in time and we can't. Thats not an issue with downtime or server unavailability.

It's because we just couldn't be ****ed getting too it and then when we did, we may have encountered an outage.

Either way it's on us. Other clubs are not having these issues. Bit like the hilarious annual meeting where it was on mute for 10 minutes then a bunch of intermittent audio issues though out it. Even the pretty calm finnis looked like he was gonna full Kevin Rudd and start spraying those behind the camera.

Web traffic going through to Google sure us awesome isn't it. Instead of it going through the AFL metrics it's gonna be off to Google land. Yay!!!!

George I reckon you’re copping some undue flack today, usually you deserve it.
Anywho, could you forward this TikTok from Collingwood Football Club onto the Saints as an example of up-to-date marketing?
Cheers boss.

I feel like the players are supposed to be throwing cash at it.

I guess the point I'm making George is that all AFL clubs have the same hosting and framework. If some clubs can get it up in time and we can't. Thats not an issue with downtime or server unavailability.

It's because we just couldn't be f’ed getting too it and then when we did, we may have encountered an outage.

Either way it's on us. Other clubs are not having these issues. Bit like the hilarious annual meeting where it was on mute for 10 minutes then a bunch of intermittent audio issues though out it. Even the pretty calm finnis looked like he was gonna full Kevin Rudd and start spraying those behind the camera.

Web traffic going through to Google sure us awesome isn't it. Instead of it going through the AFL metrics it's gonna be off to Google land. Yay!!!!
My point is that nobody knows the circumstances around why it wasn't uploaded sooner than Monday, there might be legitimate reasons but instead of taking the clubs word for it (on something as harmless as the replay of an intra-club game) we've all just assumed they don't give a s**t. I don't think that's quite right and I think it's a bit unfair without knowing anything other than what the club have told us and that was that it'd be out on Monday, they encountered an issue and said it would be out on Tuesday, and then it was.

I'm just glad it's out before the next time we played. If it wasn't then I'd be right there with the rest of you but they updated supporters throughout and ultimately got it out before we played again. If it's external factors then it's external factors. It seemed like a great day for everyone who went and our membership day on radio was a success, maybe to some on here the day has now been marred by this slight inconvenience, but I am positive that group makes up a minuscule amount of our supporter base.

Tired of labouring my point, the replay's up now. Looking forward to the footy starting up again.

Not being an IT expert i wouldnt have a clue. But if we were trying to do it Friday or Saturday as we should youd expect it would be fixed a bit quicker. Alternately host it somewhere else? Having no ******* idea how it works i would assume someone in the space could likely come up with more than those two solutions suggested.

I wasnt exaggerating anything, you pointed out we have no obligation to stream or post the game, i pointed out we have no obligation to win games or premierships but we should probably be doing both if thats a measure of success. One is not the same measure of success as the other but they are both a metric.

FWIW my criticism isnt ill directed, the YouTube issue and even the game being uploaded by x date isnt particularly important in isolation but comparatively it seems like something we could have potentially managed a bit better. Even if there is nothing at all we could have done about the delay the club could communicate whats happening etc. Thats not a YouTube issue, its a Saints issue and its one that has been discussed about a number of things in here and elsewhere before.

I think a lot in here seem to think that any criticism of the club indicates you arent loyal and dont love the club, thats just not the case (this isnt specifically directed at you but in general criticism of the club does tend to cop a vitriolic pile on at times and it really doesnt have to)
One moderator slamming another moderator and then that moderator slamming the other moderator back....tail feathers preened and on display.

One moderator slamming another moderator and then that moderator slamming the other moderator back....tail feathers preened and on display.
It was a heavyweight bout comparable to Ali v Frazier III

Intra club so last week.

Club is hopeless, the players running laps at training yesterday hasn't been uploaded to EweTube (the Greek YouTube for Stav).

The way this club treats its loyal fans is terrible

i aM oUtRaGeD!!!!

Seriously guys it was an intraclub. Maybe the club had more pressing issues, like you know membership drives? 1000 views in two hours shows you it isn't really a huge priority.

truth is it was uploaded straight after the game... but they didnt realise until it was done that it actually went up to p*hub

George I reckon you’re copping some undue flack today, usually you deserve it.
Anywho, could you forward this TikTok from Collingwood Football Club onto the Saints as an example of up-to-date marketing?
Cheers boss.

geeze kim duthie gets more and more desperate as the years go on

truth is it was uploaded straight after the game... but they didnt realise until it was done that it actually went up to p*hub
Understandable with a club that has Cooper Sharman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably would have loaded up in 5 minutes.

Where are the intra club reports!? All I can find is garbage complaining about the slow upload…

And others complaining about the complaining, and then others complaining about them. Good times.

Until we have enough members to splurge like Collingwood, i do not support the notion of paying people overtime or penalty rates to mess about on the internet.

Yes , lets pay those coaches and medical staff and even the team runner.

But the social media guys,
the ones who order stationary,
the ones who do the accounts,
etc etc
lets just keep them 9 to 5.

Most people in IT and social media don't get penalty rates - they occasionally have to work on weekends and accept that it's part of the gig

Yep I usually would put up the new guys as my ones I’m looking forward to watch. But if not Sincs, it’s Wilkie. AA is already locked.
I think if we play Wilkie as a third tall he’d definitely be AA one day but if we continue to play him as a key defender I think he’ll do an ok job but won’t ever get AA. He’s such a super player that I hope we play to his strengths.

I like that Baynes kid from Sandy, looks a little jet. Byrnes looks good, he's improved a substantial amount. Surprised by how good Peris was, I wasn't expecting much and Mitch and Windy are both likely types who look like they could be players.
Baynes and Byrnes in the same midfield would be froth.

thing i noticed most is how much Mitch loves a tackle. It seemed like every time he was near the ball he laid a tackle. Brought down a few strong players too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back