JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t follow the weekend much. What was the reason for waters being so far off the pace?
It's discussed in this article:
Tickford vows to fix Waters’ Bathurst struggles

Race 1
Apparently he got caught out by a yellow flag in qualifying, which allegedly prevented him from qualifying better than 20th. Given the lack of speed shown all weekend, I'm not sure that he would have qualified much higher anyway.

This was then compounded by him "getting an early whack" which affected the aerodynamics... then the wheel literally fell off the car in the dying laps of the race (by which time he was a mile behind anyway).

Honestly, this strikes me as making excuses for poor car setup. The wheel coming off wasn't an excuse, but he was already at the back of the pack by then anyway, so it barely impacted his final result at all.

Race 2
They gave him the same car setup as Randle, which improved him to 16th. Apparently he was feeling nauseous for the entire race, which can't have helped him at all.

Both of the Tickford cars were garbage in the 1st race, while Randle did much better in the 2nd. It appears they just couldn't find a decent setup for their cars, particularly Waters' car.

It's discussed in this article:
Tickford vows to fix Waters’ Bathurst struggles

Race 1
Apparently he got caught out by a yellow flag in qualifying, which allegedly prevented him from qualifying better than 20th. Given the lack of speed shown all weekend, I'm not sure that he would have qualified much higher anyway.

This was then compounded by him "getting an early whack" which affected the aerodynamics... then the wheel literally fell off the car in the dying laps of the race (by which time he was a mile behind anyway).

Honestly, this strikes me as making excuses for poor car setup. The wheel coming off wasn't an excuse, but he was already at the back of the pack by then anyway, so it barely impacted his final result at all.

Race 2
They gave him the same car setup as Randle, which improved him to 16th. Apparently he was feeling nauseous for the entire race, which can't have helped him at all.

Both of the Tickford cars were garbage in the 1st race, while Randle did much better in the 2nd. It appears they just couldn't find a decent setup for their cars, particularly Waters' car.
Makes sense, driving a Mustang would give me nausea too.

Drama !!

Payne can argue that he wouldn't have even been that far off line ( and trying to get back to the race line ) had Cam not got into him at the prior corner
Stewards said no case to answer. I thought Ryan Walkinshaw summed it up best - Waters hit Payne, Payne returned serve, putting both of them into the wall.

I don't buy Payne's claim that he didn't know Waters was there. Where TF did he think he was? Surely he didn't think Waters' car had vanished into the ether?

Initially I was wondering if Feeney had cannoned Payne into Waters, but the replays showed clear air between Feeney & Payne at all times. It really was just a Payne/Waters incident.

Waters must be the biggest crash merchant since Brad Jones quit driving. He has a long history of colliding with Mostert, but now he's doing it to other drivers as well.

Stewards said no case to answer. I thought Ryan Walkinshaw summed it up best - Waters hit Payne, Payne returned serve, putting both of them into the wall.

I don't buy Payne's claim that he didn't know Waters was there. Where TF did he think he was? Surely he didn't think Waters' car had vanished into the ether?

Initially I was wondering if Feeney had cannoned Payne into Waters, but the replays showed clear air between Feeney & Payne at all times. It really was just a Payne/Waters incident.

Waters must be the biggest crash merchant since Brad Jones quit driving. He has a long history of colliding with Mostert, but now he's doing it to other drivers as well.
TBF, they were all on Chaz

TBF, they were all on Chaz
You might have a point about Chaz. Did it again in today's race, locking his brakes and punting Matt Payne off the track as a result.

How good was the racing between the two Red Bulls, when Brown overtook Feeney - the move took about 4 corners, with both drivers giving each other racing room and not losing any paint in the process. Whincup would have to be very happy with his drivers for that particular display.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t blame Mostert any more for his entanglements with Waters. Waters just drives like a bitch causing faster drivers to crash into him.

Obviously a good businessman but I do wonder how someone seemingly so all over the shop ends up so successful.
He just post's his thoughts at the time, which is much more entertaining than some PR statement. How good would it be if most were like that including drivers. People always complaining how everyone is gagged and has no personality in Supercars, anyone actually says something real and people complain, can't win.

Last week you had Denny Hamlin and a NASCAR track owner going each other on twitter, keeps than fans engaged and media outlets talking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back