JUB JUB Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

SVG with the big dive at turn 1 on the restart... cost himself and Davison heaps of ground... Hurt himself way more than Davison, though.

Broke the steering at Winton doing a dive bomb as well, lucky that it was the last corner.

ADP very lucky not to cop a 30 second penalty for the team's blunder in the pitstop.

He was cleared because the wheel didn't drive over the rattle gun, as proven by telemetry from the car's suspension sensor.

His car's wheel/tyre clearly hit the rattle gun, knocking it out of the way - but it didn't physically pass over it. Thus, he escaped penalty. If that's not splitting hairs, on a badly written rule, then I don't know what is.

I think the rattle-gun-guy managed to get it out of the way before the wheel hit it... just barely... if the suspension sensor didn't notice the lateral load of hitting it, it probably didn't hit it. Either way, not ADP's fault.

I think the rattle-gun-guy managed to get it out of the way before the wheel hit it... just barely... if the suspension sensor didn't notice the lateral load of hitting it, it probably didn't hit it. Either way, not ADP's fault.
The wheel definitely hit it - that much was clearly visible in the TV feed... it just didn't roll over the top of it, which was what was (apparently) required to trigger a penalty.

Solid strategy and pace from SVG got him to the lead with only a couple of laps to go. Davison's pace just didn't quite keep up in the middle of the race which left him vulnerable to run out of Super Soft tyre pace :)

It was a super high quality lap from Waters with a 1:13.860 that moved him up from 4th to pole as the only guy on the super-softs. The only bloke in the 13's due to an oil-down in the race preceding the shootout.

ADP was good to get 3rd after hitting the wall early in his lap.

Davison just didn't have enough pace on the hards to pip Waters but did well enough for 2nd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extremely petulant behaviour from SVG there. Order was restored by the Judiciary.
Pretty smart behaviour actually. He was hoping that ADP's penalty would be enough to push him back to 3rd. Didn't work, because Waters wasn't quite close enough, but it was actually clever driving.

Does he? Dude has been on point with his driving for years now. SVG was smart to do what he did as Anton did spin him out.
I believe the poster is referring to the fact SVG loves to bump and run at any opportunity. Does it better and more subtle than most, so rarely draws the ire of the officials for doing so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back