Prediction 2022 Jumper Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to start this far too early, but for some reason its something I look forward to every year.

Current openings and early calls:

24 - DGB (follow on from Knights, Croad, Stratton, Langford)
33 - Brockman

Still plenty of things to fall into place before you can make a complete list

Hawthorn aren't really sentimental with numbers. I know '5' has a bit of history to it but we literally traded out our last 5 before Worpel.

Can't really see a player for 9 at the moment.

9 - Give it a year off - can't see anyone deserving of that number just yet
24 - agree with DGB
25 - Jeka?
27 - Callow or Reeves
30 - Callow or Reeves
31 - S.Mitchell?
33 - Agree with Brockman

Moore probably deserves a lower number after his effort this year, but can't see him moving only a few.

I also hope that Nuke chooses to keep the 44

DGB 24 is a no brainer.
Brocky 33.

Unsure what to do with 9 - perhaps Chad.
9 will be interesting. Can't see who gets in unless a big name recruit comes in.

Seemingly a bit early for Newcombe, Mitchell, Maginness......but then again, TOB got 23 after 1 year on the list and no games...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kossie or Jeka for 23 and other for 18. Jeka suits both, 23 is pretty simple with Buddy and 18 cause of Carey. Kossie's cousin wore 23 so i'd like to see that aswell.

Hawthorn aren't really sentimental with numbers. I know '5' has a bit of history to it but we literally traded out our last 5 before Worpel.

Can't really see a player for 9 at the moment.

They kind of are when it comes to 5,9,23 but even that sometimes can be hit and miss they need to hold the numbers till a player comes on even if it’s a few seasons so we don’t get e.g with 23 TOB,Crawshay,Collica moments. But get Peck,Scott,Brereton,Franklin kind of players in the number 23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back