Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gino Mader

• Esteban Chaves

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't how to feel about that stage. On one hand it's great to see guys taking the race on like Roglic did but GC guys finishing with Sprinter/Puncheur types is the reason 3k rule exists and for the sake of a few seconds he is possibly out of the race.

What did he say? I won't see until the highlights tonight when I get back from training.
That he felt that the puncture of Evenepoel was "convenient".

I don't how to feel about that stage. On one hand it's great to see guys taking the race on like Roglic did but GC guys finishing with Sprinter/Puncheur types is the reason 3k rule exists and for the sake of a few seconds he is possibly out of the race.
In fairness he attacked before Remco punctured to see if he could get a gap, he didn't attack because Remco punctured.

In fairness he attacked before Remco punctured to see if he could get a gap, he didn't attack because Remco punctured.

Yeah even without that it ended up being 8 seconds. The risk V the reward just wasn't there and the amount of blood on him, even if he starts tonight he will well off anywhere near his best. Although he never likely has been near 100% for this race.

Yeah even without that it ended up being 8 seconds. The risk V the reward just wasn't there and the amount of blood on him, even if he starts tonight he will well off anywhere near his best. Although he never likely has been near 100% for this race.
I mean the attack worked. The crash had nothing to do with it. What happened could have easily gone in the bunch as well. As far as "only 8 seconds", what would have happened if Pederson, Wright and van Poppel hadn't caught him, he outpoints Ackermann, wins the stage and gets 18 seconds? It would have been a mental blowto Remco.

I mean the attack worked. The crash had nothing to do with it. What happened could have easily gone in the bunch as well. As far as "only 8 seconds", what would have happened if Pederson, Wright and van Poppel hadn't caught him, he outpoints Ackermann, wins the stage and gets 18 seconds? It would have been a mental blowto Remco.

I think the Pederson type of riders would always have caught him on that finish.

Damn it :(. What looked to be a strong GC battle is now down 2 stars (Roglic and Yates). Curious to see if it frees up Rohan and co for the rest of the race.

Damn it :(. What looked to be a strong GC battle is now down 2 stars (Roglic and Yates). Curious to see if it frees up Rohan and co for the rest of the race.

Bummer, I thought it was such a bold move last night and for it to all come to crap in the final 50 metres was extremely sad. He looked a shattered man crossing the line last night, I hope it's not too serious (He landed heavily on his side and shoulder (at least that's how it looked on the 100 replays), so hopefully there is no serious injury) and we get to see him fighting to wins again next year.

Not sure if SBS commentators were trying to make something out of nothing last night but I hope Mas can go out and do it again tonight, maybe get 30 seconds back. Make Saturdy night exciting for all of us.

Shattered for Jay Vine. Was having a career making Vuelta and then that happens. He was clearly devastated at the outcome, hopefully he's shown enough to be part of Alpecin's Tour squad for next year.

Who finishes third? Ayuso, Lopez? I feel like Rodriguez is out of contention now and despite their form over the past few days, Arensmen and O'Connor are too far behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I think the race as a GC spectacle is over unless Remco crashes out. The medium mountain stages just suit him too much. UAE did some bizzare s**t last night if they are here for Ayuso. The race for 3rd will benefit a likely pretty fatigued QST team.

That was one of the strangest wins I've seen by Molano.Would not have picked him at all.

Remco was brilliant this Vuelta. I'm not sure how Quickstep will use him in the future honestly, because I can't see them not doing a full sprint train for the Tour, which means he's basically relegated to the Giro or Vuelta every year (maybe both). Plus, the addition of Merlier, they have to decide who races what.

Pederson looks like he's back at his best. Kinda wish he had a challenger for green but oh well, next year maybe.

Carapaz was a bit lucky to win polka dots but well done to him anyway. Hoping Jay gets well soon and can do some of the Italian classics to finish the year.

Would like to say that this was the best I've seen Mas race. Hopefully he can build that into a strong Tour or Giro next year. Ayuso looks to be one hell of a talent for UAE as well. Wonder what UAE plan on doing with the three of them next year honestly.

A couple of stages back the commentators were discussing whether Remco's win would have a * next to it, due to Roglic crashing out. To be fair to them, the discussion was prompted by a question on their "askSBS" twitter feed (proving yet again that only twits tweet).

Their conclusion was "no" - and I agree with them 100%. At the time of Roglic' crash, he was still more than 90 seconds behind Remco in the GC and at no stage did he ever look like regaining that lost time. Remco never looked like cracking, and there is no reason whatsoever to think that Roglic would/could have won if he hadn't fallen off his bike (as he is wont to do).

However, I would give a very different answer to Carapaz winning the KotM competition. I think that win comes with a huge * next to it, due to Vine crashing out. At the time of Vine's crash, Carapaz had barely half as many points as Vine - indeed Carapaz didn't overtake Vine's total until the final climb on the penultimate stage. There is every reason to think that Vine would have held on, and won the KotM competition easily, if he hadn't crashed out.

At the end of the day, riders still need to finish the race in order to win the respective competitions, and Carapaz managed to achieve that. In that sense, he is 100% a legitimate winner... but not even Carapaz himself would argue that he would have won the KotM if Vine didn't crash out.

The biggest mystery for me in this race has been Bora. Really strong squad, did absolutely nothing. I went back to watching GCN over SBS, the commentary was appalling. Talking Vine up as a GC threat was stupid, their barracking for Aussies in every race is becoming tedious. Remco deserves a lot of respect, Van Wilder was pretty much the only climber he had for support, their tactics of focusing on the first week and the TT set it up.

The biggest mystery for me in this race has been Bora. Really strong squad, did absolutely nothing. I went back to watching GCN over SBS, the commentary was appalling. Talking Vine up as a GC threat was stupid, their barracking for Aussies in every race is becoming tedious. Remco deserves a lot of respect, Van Wilder was pretty much the only climber he had for support, their tactics of focusing on the first week and the TT set it up.
Bennett won the first two sprint stages? They had a split focus tbf.

Hopefully COVID doesn't affect the rest of the one day races. If Bennett and Yates hadn't caught it I reckon it would have been a lot more exciting, Yates is a pure racer and then Green would have at least been interesting.

Back