Hawthorn.png

Fremantle.png

WestCoast.png

StKilda.png

Adelaide.png

NorthMelbourne.png

Collingwood.png

Last edited:
Just feel this could be the year for Lions or again Melbourne if they can replicate decent injury run and awesome form in finals.

As for Lions, I believe they learned from painful finals experience and are in their prime. They will be very difficult to beat at Gabba. They are healthy and have depth. Neale is back to his best, Rayner is back, Hipwood will be back in the middle of season, Answerth is also flying. Daniher will only get better. Cockatoo looks ready. J Berry is finally healthy too. Young players McCluggage and Bailey are stars already and boost midfield. Lions discovered K Coleman as great rebounding HB. Plenty of depth, BigO improving in the ruck every year. Watch out competition.

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Sydney
5. Port Adelaide
6. Essendon
7. Geelong
8. GWS
9. Richmond
10. Carlton
11. St.Kilda
12. Adelaide
13. Fremantle
14. Collingwood
15. Hawthorn
16. North Melbourne
17. West Coast
18. Gold Coast

1.Brisbane ---- 16
2.Richmond ---- 15
3.GWS ---------- 15
4.Western Bulldogs --- 15
5.Melbourne 15
6.Carlton 13
7.St.Kilda 12
8.North 12
------------
9.Geelong 12
10.Essendon 11
11.Port Adelaide 10
12.Gold Coast 9
13.Fremantle 9
14.Sydney 9
15.West Coast 7
16.Hawthorn 6
17.Adelaide 6
18.Collingwood 4

2 draws
with the injury to King a readjustment is required

1.Brisbane
2.Richmond
3.GWS
4.Bulldogs
-------------
5.Melbourne
6.Carlton
7.St.Kilda
8.North
-------------
9.Geelong
10.Fremantle
11.Port
12.Essendon
13.Sydney
14.West Coast
15.Adelaide
16.Hawthorn
17.Gold Coast
18.Collingwood

1.Brisbane
2.Richmond
3.GWS
4.Bulldogs
-------------
5.Melbourne
6.Carlton
7.St.Kilda
8.North
-------------
9.Geelong
10.Fremantle
11.Port
12.Essendon
13.Sydney
14.West Coast
15.Adelaide
16.Hawthorn
17.Gold Coast
18.Collingwood
A few massive jumps from some teams there in North Saints and Carlton
and Massive drop offs from Sydney and Port

A few massive jumps from some teams there in North Saints and Carlton
and Massive drop offs from Sydney and Port
first of all Sydney & Essendon have harder draws & the weight of expectation(making finals again) Geelong older and slower , Port's midfield wont stack up on top of losing Dixon for months wont help
Carlton in the window now(2022 -' 24 is make or break for them) softer draw and return of Curnow a boost,St.Kilda had a shocker last year but will bounce back to 2020 standards
and North have the soft draw plus the fresh faces not to mention more than a few talented youngsters primed to lift them into a suprise finals appearence this season imo

I think if either of the NSW teams were to drop down the ladder in 2022 it'd more likely be the giants. It depends on the injury run though. Both NSW teams at full strength should make finals, but I am confused as to whether or not the giants are still fixing their fundamentals. On one hand 2020 was the worst follow up year to a grand final appearance I've seen since us in 2008. On the other hand, Flynn and Green are surprising young guns and the back half of regulation in 2021 was impressive. Are they delaying an inevitable cliff under Leon Cameron? or is the youth in the works preparing for another run at a flag?

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Richmond
4. Essendon
5. Geelong
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Fremantle
8. Greater Western Giants

-----------------------------------------
9. St Kilda
10. Port Adelaide
11. Sydney
12. Carlton
13. Gold Coast
14. Collingwood
15. Adelaide
16. Hawthorn
17. North Melbourne
18. West Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond’s next Premiership is in 2024. And then six years later in 2030 with a new coach. Opponents probably Collingwood.

Then the den will set it self on fire and will rise again in 30-40 years…
I won't be surprised if Richmond wins a flag in 2023 or 2024 to be honest.

Some players are ageing but its not a full on old fart brigade.

There are some 28-30 years olds on Richmonds squad that will try and snag one more flag

Don't know if Port can come back from what happened in the prelim last year - teams generally don't.

And surely motivation is going to pay a huge part for Brisbane going forward - they should be thereabouts with home state advantage and their list - but 3 failed finals and 2 straight sets would surely be weighing a bit.

Richmond won the next 2 flags after being embarrassed by Collingwood in 2018 PF after like 20something wins in a row at the MCG.

I reckon big finals losses are not a predictive factor, how is it any worse than not making finals and getting smashed in the last week of H&A or in an EF? Teams can bounce back the next year if they are good enough and have made the required adjustments in that offseason.

Fair point - Geelong got pantsed in a prelim in 2010 too, although they were two teams that had already set their premiership benchmark.
In the last 30 odd years, a few sides have gone from losing a prelim last year to winning a flag the Next.

North lost a prelim in 1995, won a flag in 1996.

Essendon lost a preliminary final in 1999, won a flag in 2000.

Port lost a prelim final in 2003, won a flag in 2004.

Collingwood lost a preliminary final in 2009, won a grand final in 2010.

As already mentioned, cats lost a preliminary final in 2010 won a fkag in 2011.

Richmond lost a prelim final in 2018 and won a flag in 2019.

I won't be surprised if Richmond wins a flag in 2023 or 2024 to be honest.

Some players are ageing but its not a full on old fart brigade.
I will be. Riewoldt and Edwards both turn 34yo later this year, Tarrant will be 33yo this season and Cotchin is 32yo this year.

As many as 3 of them may retire this year and the remaining one or two next, and they’ll leave a big hole.

And it won’t help one bit that they’ve lost Chol, CCJ and Higgins in the last couple of offseasons, as they would have been coming into their prime years just as the others were retiring, or nearing the end.

So I see this year as their last likely chance while say Dusty is still there. And he turns 31yo this year, and so does Lambert.

Unless of course they land a couple of “big fish” with the money Riewoldt and co free up.

Last edited:

1.Brisbane
2.Richmond
3.GWS
4.Bulldogs
-------------
5.Melbourne
6.Carlton
7.St.Kilda
8.North
-------------
9.Geelong
10.Fremantle
11.Port
12.Essendon
13.Sydney
14.West Coast
15.Adelaide
16.Hawthorn
17.Gold Coast
18.Collingwood
with Walsh goin down an adjustment is required

1.Boggo rd.
2.dennis allen
3.falafel/bahn mi
4.rising sun hotel
------------
5.slopes
6.sandbelt hotel
7.paperbags
8.sleepy hollow
-------------
9.freemasons (De Marcos)
10.north star hotel
11.dockers ??
12.sanfl
13.mardi gras
14.rottnest
15.edwardstown/beaumont children
16.gee bung
17.cavill ave.
18.smith st. 2000 :oops:

Last edited:
In the last 30 odd years, a few sides have gone from losing a prelim last year to winning a flag the Next.

North lost a prelim in 1995, won a flag in 1996.

Essendon lost a preliminary final in 1999, won a flag in 2000.

Port lost a prelim final in 2003, won a flag in 2004.

Collingwood lost a preliminary final in 2009, won a grand final in 2010.

As already mentioned, cats lost a preliminary final in 2010 won a fkag in 2011.

Richmond lost a prelim final in 2018 and won a flag in 2019.
Yeah, not saying it's unheard of - but I mean specifically what happened to Port in their prelim.
They were widely expected to win at home and were absolutely demolished - would be a pretty big mental hurdle to move on from that and I reckon teams usually don't.

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Sydney
4. Bulldogs
5. Port
6. GWS
7. St.Kilda
8. Geelong
9. Freo
10. Essendon
11. Carlton
12. Richmond
13. Gold Coast
14. Adelaide
15. Norf
16. Hawthorn
17. Collingwood
18. West Coast

Yeah, not saying it's unheard of - but I mean specifically what happened to Port in their prelim.
They were widely expected to win at home and were absolutely demolished - would be a pretty big mental hurdle to move on from that and I reckon teams usually don't.
It really depends.

If your talking about the Chicago Bulls reference.....

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen at the bulls had to endure being dumped out of the playoffs vs Detroit for 3 years in a row from 1988-90. The bulls then clean sweep Detroit in the 1991 Eastern conference finals 4-0 then beat the magic Johnson led LA lakers to win the bulls 1st NBA title

Remove this Banner Ad

Back