Prediction 2022 ladder after 23 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve got Carlton finishing on 13-9 and missing the 8 on percentage. If Carlton lose to Essendon on Friday night next week it’ll be tough to finish inside the 8 with our injuries.

Gonna be tough from here.
Gonna need to find a way to pinch a game or two while Weitering and McKay are still out or its going to be very tough. Still 13-9 gets you in most years

This hasn’t aged well
1. GWS
2. Brisbane
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Essendon
5. Melbourne
6. St Kilda
7. Fremantle
8. Sydney Swans
—————————
9. Richmond
10. Geelong
11. West Coast
12. Gold Coast
13. North Melbourne
14. Collingwood
15. Port Adelaide
16. Carlton
17. Hawthorn
18. Adelaide Crows

It's very hard for me at this point. Think there are some clear tiers though.

1. Melbourne
2. WB

3. Brisbane

4. Sydney
5. Port Adelaide
6. Geelong
7. Essendon
8. GWS
9. Fremantle
10. Carlton
11. St Kilda
12 Richmond

13. Gold Coast
14. West Coast
15. Adelaide

16. Hawthorn
17. North Melbourne
18. Collingwood

Really only convinced about the top two and maybe brisbane in third at this stage, as well as the bottom three. Very unsure about the rest as most will be looking to make pretty big improvements on 2021.

Not very convincing

Melbourne 72
GWS Giants 64
Bulldogs 62
Geelong 56
Brisbane 54
Sydney 52
Carlton 48
Port Adelaide 48

Richmond 44
St.Kilda 44
West Coast 40
Fremantle 40
Essendon 40
Gold Coast 32
North Melbourne 32
Hawthorn 28
Adelaide 20
Collingwood 20

Did you mean Collingwood would reach 20 points by Round 10? Great prediction if so

My ladder and finals at the half way point right now:

Melbourne - Best team all year and will likely go back to back. What more is there to say.
Fremantle - Will beat Brisbane this week and wont be overtaken in second from that point on.
Brisbane - A good season from Brisbane and will definitely be in the mix for the flag.
Geelong - Geelong have form with their mature players dragging them into the top 4 like in previous seasons.
------------
St Kilda - Miss top 4 on percentage, a good season by the saints. A chance to make a PF from outside top 4.
Sydney - Will come good but their pre bye slump will cost them any chance of top 4.
Carlton - Injuries piling up to important players but good enough to make finals. A good season to gain finals experience.
Richmond - Tigers, Dogs and Pies all finish on the same amount of wins but Richmond finish 8th on percentage.
------------
Bulldogs - The curse of a poor season after losing a grand final badly the year before lives on.
Collingwood - Oh boy does the loss to West Coast sting this season. Would have finished 8th had they won.
Gold Coast - A good stepping stone season. Will play finals next year and cause finals bound teams headaches.
Port Adelaide - Port are unable to recover from going 0-5 to start the season. Hinkley stands down at seasons end.
Hawthorn - Will beat finals bound teams but will also lose to bottom six teams. An overall good first season by Mitchell.
GWS - Similar to Hawthorn, they will give good teams a run for their money but will also have shockers.
Adelaide - Some good footy played in spurts but not for long enough in games to give them wins. Heat will fall on Nicks.
West Coast - Will finish on four or five wins once we have continuity with squad selection in the second half of the season.
Essendon - Will only win one or two more games from here, and losses to West Coast and North seal Rutten's fate as a coach.
North Melbourne - Will only win one or two more games and will win the spoon. Likely priority pick. Noble tapped on the shoulder.

Finals:

QF: Melbourne vs Geelong - The dees to flex their muscle in a big way like they did in the PF last season.
QF: Fremantle vs Brisbane - Fremantle win by a goal in a classic final with multiple lead changes and the lions unlucky to lose.
EF: St Kilda vs Richmond - St Kilda beat Richmond in a high scoring game that signals the end of the tiger dynasty.
EF: Sydney vs Carlton - Sydney with a huge quarter time lead. Carlton are unable to make ground and lose by a ten goal margin.

SF: Brisbane vs Sydney - Brisbane chase down the swans despite conceding the first four goals.
SF: Geelong vs St Kilda - Saints to dispatch a tired Geelong team by a few goals. Geelong out in straight sets.

PF: Melbourne vs Brisbane - Melbourne to shake off a plucky Brisbane team who stay in the game the entirety of the final.
PF: Fremantle vs St Kilda - One of those games where the margin is close but the saints are never really in a position to win.

GF: Melbourne vs Fremantle - Fremantle start well but are chased down and put to the sword in the last quarter.

Headlines:

"Tasmania not granted a license despite ground swell of public support"
"Clarkson to coach North Melbourne after Noble sacked"
"North Melbourne given a first round priority pick after horrid last few seasons"
"Dees go back to back while young Dockers fall apart"

Might be tough from here to achieve this considering we have beaten 3 of the top 5 sides
Maybe not
I am shocked at your prediction to have them inside the bottom 4.
I would imagine it is harder than you think
Not very convincing
Did you mean Collingwood would reach 20 points by Round 10? Great prediction if so
Geez mate, put the water pistol away.
How dare anyone think your team was going to struggle. How dare anyone get their predictions wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really hard to know with how close the competition is now days and without a fixture.

Pretty much

1st Melbourne :
Young team with the most complete list IMO. Hard to not see them winning again next year.

2nd Doggies : Missing some key positions desperately need a Ruckmen, But their mildfield should carry them far again.

3rd Power : Much like Geelong they have quite the home ground advantage and a pretty well rounded list hard to see them not finishing top 4 in the H&A season.

4th Lions : Again a pretty solid list with a decent home ground advantage should finish top 4 could do big things if a few of their boys stand up.

5th GWS : GWS are a bit hard to pick could finish anywhere between 2-8 plenty of talent! Who knows what would have happened if Toby played.

6th Geelong : Depends how well their old legs hold out, Not much exciting youth but a decent home ground advantage should finish top 6 in the H&A season but can't see them winning a flag unless they change their game plan.

7th Sydney : Very exciting game plan and lots of talented youth, Lost a few good players in the off season can see them taking a small step back would be really impressive if they could perform the same level as last year.

8th Carlton : Solid list plenty of talent there, Need to tinker around with their game plan a little, good pickups in the off season but a new coach may take some time to settle in.

9th Essendon : I was pleasantly surprised this year with our performance and witnessed a lot of good talent coming through, Although I believe we go backwards a little this year.

10th Fremantle : Hard to pick, They have had a rough go with injuries for a few years now and lost some talent in the off season, Lots of exciting youth but i think they sit about the same as a lot of teams around this mark.

11th Richmond : Seems to have lost a lot of their hunger not sure they want it anymore could easily finish top 8 but I think a lot of teams have gone well past them now.

12th West Coast : Similar to Richmond.

13th Gold Coast : Plenty of stars and good young players could easily finish top 8 but history tells us they wont I honestly have no idea.

14th St Kilda : Who the **** knows, Looked on the way up but last year injuries a harder draft and some players with poor form.

15th Adelaide : Still young and rebuilding will take some time.

16th Hawthorn : Were very impressive towards the end of last season, Their list isn't as bad as people make out. But replaced the best coach in the competition with a bit of a mystery and new coach seems to be more focused on rebuilding/kids interesting times ahead.

17th North Melbourne : Exciting youth coming through but will still take time could easily finish above the 3 above I just think their list is a little more behind and they don't have the same home ground advantage as say Adelaide.

:poo: Collingwood : List isn't the worst similar to Hawthorn, But wowie they have not put a foot right in the last 12 months and will continue to tak
Geez mate, put the water pistol away.
How dare anyone think your team was going to struggle. How dare anyone get their predictions wrong.

Thanks for caring so much. A beautiful moment that you collected all my posts together for me. Thanks again, very touching.

Lots of very optimistic Richmond supporters in this thread.
I think we will make the lower end of the 8, say 6th-8th.

Absolute best case scenario is 4th, worst case scenario is just missing, say 9th-10th.

Not sure if that's optimistic or not, I think that's a pretty realistic view.

I think we will make the lower end of the 8, say 6th-8th.

Absolute best case scenario is 4th, worst case scenario is just missing, say 9th-10th.

Not sure if that's optimistic or not, I think that's a pretty realistic view.
Ditto, believe this is very realistic.

Can't see the Tigs finishing lower than 11th, surely not.

Thanks for caring so much. A beautiful moment that you collected all my posts together for me. Thanks again, very touching.
Might be time for some fresh air mate.
In the very next post of mine after the one you quoted above, I said that Mcrae should be good for you guys, but bottom 6 is probably likely. You've got a tough run home, playing 4 sides that are around the same mark as you, and 4 games against sides above you (including 2 against Dees).
There's probably not going to be a lot separating 10th-14th and if Port and Suns continue their good form, that will likely drop you down a spot or 2.

I think a lot of people have been caught out by Blues playing a fair bit better than expected (despite using something like the 2nd most number of players and having the 2nd/3rd biggest injury list).
Pies and Hawks going a little better than most expected and Bombers performing well below expectation.

But there's still 11 games to go, so need to go off half cocked looking for all those bad people who may or may not have made a bad call on the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back