WaywardSonSon

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
The real question is 'Does Longmuir send Serong to Walsh or Cerra in 2022?'

We know his strike rate with tagging Walsh - my money is Cerra.
No, the real question is, was Voss the right choice for your coach? The jury is still in the Deliberation Room, and they ain't emerging for a LOOOOOOONG time

adammania9

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
1. Melbourne (peaking now and up to round mid-way through 2022, but I don't think they'll win the flag again)
2. GWS Giants (big call. They play big, dirty, unsociable football and it works. Loves being the underdog. They'll catch everybody off guard)
3. Western Bulldogs (have a lot they can improve on despite losing the grand final. Having said that, the last team to get belted by 40+ in a grand final and make final 6 (aka: winning a final) the next year was Geelong all the way back in 95. They'll need to break a massive duck)
4. Port Adelaide (still don't think they're much chop but a 31-8 H&A record over two years proves they know how to win. I bet they keep doing it in 2022)
5. Essendon (good team, good coach, lots to like. This is the side that'll string consecutive finals appearances for the first time since 04)
6. Brisbane (not enough internal growth to come next year, unless Rayner or Bailey or Berry can become a top line mid. Small drop off to come)
7. Geelong (overcooked. Should play finals but I expect they'll just make up the numbers)
8. Richmond (Ripping best 22 still that can make top 4 with a good injury run, but thin midfield depth and non-existent forward depth has me concerned)

9. Hawthorn (had a monstrous finish to 2021 and are my sleeping giants. Can Wingard play a full AA year level in the guts? If he can, he can take them a long way)
10. Sydney Swans (possible egg on face moment but I think they'll drop off a tad before making a big surge in '23. Lost a couple of good players, and I think some of their veterans who did some heavy lifting this year can drop off)
11. Carlton (good luck to them but I just don't think their list is as quality as others think)
12. St Kilda (neither here nor there. More of the same to come. Not sure Ratten is the man)
13. Fremantle (not particularly huge on this list either, or the way they play. Losing Cerra hurts and I can't imagine Mundy can keep this up forever)
14. Gold Coast (I predict Gold Coast will have another Gold Coast season)
15. West Coast (can't see them turning it around. Ugliest team to watch in the back half of 2020 just about, and a middling list is now older and slower)
16. Collingwood (could capitulate and finish wooden spoon, wouldn't surprise me. It'll be much of the same in '21 but hopefully with a bigger focus on youth)
17. North Melbourne (a good team is slowly coming together. There's still plenty to work on but I think they can win 6 to 8 games next year)
18. Adelaide (think most of their "success" in 21 came from Tex having an AA season until his thing. If he can come back and have another insane season then all power to him and Adelaide but I think their list is still incredibly thin and needs time)

Juddernaut08

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah, whatever you do, don't respond to what I said in regard to Caleb Serong - you wouldn't want to lose an argument now, would you?
You really think Serong has done "almost everything Walsh has done"?

The last step is the hardest, the one from a good player to great. The leap from one of the best mids in your team to one of the best in the comp is a large one.

Serong may get there (he's actually awesome to watch as a neutral), but to say he's close to Walsh is misguided.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
You just solidified my point about salty complaints, thank you.

Club A loses first week of the finals.

Club A fan tries to insult a midfield group that makes the grand final, and goes much further than their own club.

Club A fan forgets Kelly, Taranto and Hopper had a field day in Tasmania week one.

Club A fan has a short memory and should stop embarrassing themselves and own club.
2.7 in the last qtr smashed them inside 50 got beat by a point so hardly a field day. In fact won every stat I think. As far as going further you beat an inexperienced Essendon after umpires changed momentum and let’s not talk about the Brisbane game. Free kick out of the centre for blocking ????? Got you over the line. Can not wait until you are back rattling tins in Barklay St.

BigAlpha3

Senior List
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think this is as accurate of a ladder prediction you will find

1. Western Bulldogs
2. Brisbane
3. Melbourne
4. Port Adelaide
5. Sydney
6. West Coast
7. Essendon
8. Fremantle
9. Richmond
10. Carlton
11. GWS
12. Collingwood
13. Hawthorn
14. Geelong
15. Gold Coast
16. North Melbourne
17. Adelaide
18. St Kilda

adogsfan5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2.7 in the last qtr smashed them inside 50 got beat by a point so hardly a field day. In fact won every stat I think. As far as going further you beat an inexperienced Essendon after umpires changed momentum and let’s not talk about the Brisbane game. Free kick out of the centre for blocking ????? Got you over the line. Can not wait until you are back rattling tins in Barklay St.
Please keep embarrassing yourself and your club even more, this is gold. And it’s spelt BARKLY STREET** you moron.

WaywardSonSon

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
You really think Serong has done "almost everything Walsh has done"?

The last step is the hardest, the one from a good player to great. The leap from one of the best mids in your team to one of the best in the comp is a large one.

Serong may get there (he's actually awesome to watch as a neutral), but to say he's close to Walsh is misguided.
No it's not, not even a little bit. For his age, his resume is astounding. Walsh is not "one of the best mids in the comp", he's working his way towards being there. Let's leave that prestigious list for Petracca, Bontempelli, Neale, Fyfe and Martin.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Please keep embarrassing yourself and your club even more, this is gold. And it’s spelt BARKLY STREET** you moron.
Irony ? Someone from the West calling another person a moron. Forgive me I don’t get to that side of town very often as most people you are dealing with are usually conversing through a bong or pipe.

adogsfan5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Irony ? Someone from the West calling another person a moron. Forgive me I don’t get to that side of town very often as most people you are dealing with are usually conversing through a bong or pipe.
Based on your spelling and punctuation today, I’d probably lay off from insulting anyone’s address or mental health.

Juddernaut08

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
No it's not, not even a little bit. For his age, his resume is astounding. Walsh is not "one of the best mids in the comp", he's working his way towards being there. Let's leave that prestigious list for Petracca, Bontempelli, Neale, Fyfe and Martin.
2021 Sam Walsh awards finishes
Brownlow - Top 4
AFLPA MVP - Top 2
AFLCA - Top 6

The umpires, the players and the coaches all consider him one of the best mids in the comp. You think they're all wrong?

Caleb Serong looks good and has great potential. But so do many others.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Based on your spelling and punctuation today, I’d probably lay off from insulting anyone’s address or mental health.
Typing on the phone does not bring out the scholar in me by any means but I have a fair understanding of character when it comes to the West. You may be the exception to the rule because at least you are coherent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WaywardSonSon

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
2021 Sam Walsh awards finishes
Brownlow - Top 4
AFLPA MVP - Top 2
AFLCA - Top 6

The umpires, the players and the coaches all consider him one of the best mids in the comp. You think they're all wrong?

Caleb Serong looks good and has great potential. But so do many others.
Sigh...did you even read the list of accolades I posted just hours ago?
Your rebuttal was built around the concept that MOST of Caleb's achievements were club-based. Well, I've got news for you, he's 20 years old, and the following bolded awards are LEAGUE-based.

Rising star
AFLPA best first year
AFLCA best young player
2021 GOTY

All of those that you have just quoted for Sam, are high finishes - They're not even awards!

That's why the other players I mentioned are much better. Sam Walsh has potential, as does Caleb Serong. Both players have identical awards to show for their potential, but because of the age/experience difference, you can't definitely make a sweeping statement that Sam Walsh is SOOOO much better.

Juddernaut08

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Sigh...did you even read the list of accolades I posted just hours ago?
Your rebuttal was built around the concept that MOST of Caleb's achievements were club-based. Well, I've got news for you, he's 20 years old, and the following bolded awards are LEAGUE-based.

Rising star
AFLPA best first year
AFLCA best young player
2021 GOTY

All of those that you have just quoted for Sam, are high finishes - They're not even awards!

That's why the other players I mentioned are much better. Sam Walsh has potential, as does Caleb Serong. Both players have identical awards to show for their potential, but because of the age/experience difference, you can't definitely make a sweeping statement that Sam Walsh is SOOOO much better.
Walsh and Serong are less than 8 months apart lol.

Walsh has made AA and been the U22 captain. Hows that for ya?

WaywardSonSon

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
He'll be a jet mate. Just saying if he has as good a year as walsh in 2022 it means aa and top 2-6 in all 3 of the main awards.

He may get there, but there is a large gap for now.
I disagree on your use of the word "large", as Caleb hasn't yet had the opportunity to be the recipient of such accolades within the 40 - 60 game stage of his career. We'll leave it there though :thumbsu:

Deefolt

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2007
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Detroit:PistonsLionsRedWingsTigers
You just solidified my point about salty complaints, thank you.

Club A loses first week of the finals.

Club A fan tries to insult a midfield group that makes the grand final, and goes much further than their own club.

Club A fan forgets Kelly, Taranto and Hopper had a field day in Tasmania week one.

Club A fan has a short memory and should stop embarrassing themselves and own club.

You do this a lot... whatever club anyone supports does not change how valid their opinion is? It is actually such a dumb stance, your knowledge is not greater because you follow a club that does better than anyone. I have a good mate that is a north fan that I would value his opinion over whatever you post...

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad