Deefolt

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2007
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Detroit:PistonsLionsRedWingsTigers
There’s a way to have footy conversations on here. It’s not critiquing if you’re purposely trolling another club. Go back and read their drivel.
no one is trolling you, you are reacting disproportionately. You shouldn't bite if you think they are trolling you but to say their team sucks, is a pretty average response, it says you have no actual valid arguments to what they are saying.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No I would prefer to call you out for it, you don't like it, mute me...

You don't actually make valid arguments, you just critique how their club went. Mine smacked yours, yet I am not using that against you as it's petty and I hated it being used against me when my club was bad.

Again, how the club you follow, does not show how much knowledge you have, if you think that I truly feel sorry for you. And unfortunate that you lose all your knowledge when your club goes down the ladder, weird how that would actually work...

Please stop making up BS based on one post. This was the post I reacted to:

“Why bring it up then. Was it that the umpires deserted you this year or was it because you dogged it when they put the foot down ? Don’t answer that the image of Bontempelli, English and Treloar standing in the middle staring at the ground while the onslaught was happening speaks volumes.”

If you think that’s someone critiquing to have a good footy conversation on here, you’ve lost the plot sadly.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
no one is trolling you, you are reacting disproportionately. You shouldn't bite if you think they are trolling you but to say their team sucks, is a pretty average response, it says you have no actual valid arguments to what they are saying.

Whos team did I say sucks? Never said Sydney suck. Why would I? They finished 5th and beat us this year. I responded to a post about our midfield by then discussing Sydney’s performance in the final. Pretty clear cut.

Last edited:

Deefolt

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2007
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Please stop making up BS based on one post. This was the post I reacted to:

“Why bring it up then. Was it that the umpires deserted you this year or was it because you dogged it when they put the foot down ? Don’t answer that the image of Bontempelli, English and Treloar standing in the middle staring at the ground while the onslaught was happening speaks volumes.”

If you think that’s someone critiquing to have a footy conversation on here, you’ve lost the plot sadly.
If I say you I have seen you do it before, it is not just one post.

Again, you are saying I have lost the plot... this is not a valid argument, you seem to base yourself to personal attacks instead of actually focusing on the topic. Please stick to the topic.

Bont English and Treloar had their heads turned down going into 3q time. The commentators also noticed it, they also mentioned it post game. This is a) not a troll b) not an attack on you. You don't like it, tough, its facts. Their heads were down going to 3q time in a grand final, 24 points down. That is not a great look.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If I say you I have seen you do it before, it is not just one post.

Again, you are saying I have lost the plot... this is not a valid argument, you seem to base yourself to personal attacks instead of actually focusing on the topic. Please stick to the topic.

Bont English and Treloar had their heads turned down going into 3q time. The commentators also noticed it, they also mentioned it post game. This is a) not a troll b) not an attack on you. You don't like it, tough, its facts. Their heads were down going to 3q time in a grand final, 24 points down. That is not a great look.

And yet you choose to ignore my other posts on bigfooty where I go hard on Macrae and Libba. I have a go at trolls and I have good footy chats to people who actually want to.

Deefolt

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2007
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
And yet you choose to ignore my other posts on bigfooty where I go hard on Macrae and Libba. I have a go at trolls and I have good footy chats to people who actually want to.
Again how is this relevant... you don't like sticking to the topic do you

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Again how is this relevant... you don't like sticking to the topic do you

The topic is “ladder after round 23”. You’re in the wrong place if you wanna discuss how poorly our midfield was in the third. Stick to the topic.

Last edited:

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Meh, don’t worry about Dad, he’ll live.

I like the dockers mate. On the right track. Serong becoming a favourite of mine.
I certainly hope so, as I've been waiting 27 years for that unforgettable last day of September!

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How many more chances for Port & Geelong??.
Lions probably have 2 or 3 seasons left for a crack at it.
The Doggies flaws got massively exposed in the GF.
Most expect Richmond to cone again.
Sydney & Essendon could both rise or fall.
For me the Sleeper is the GWS.
They have pick 2 in the draft and have Geelongs 3 no.1's in their back pocket. They could do some serious trades with those picks.
Can't really see any of the bottom 6 jumping up.

GWS have no cap space surely. They would need to draft kids. Unless thry over pay with draft picks and get other clubs to cover salaries.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Early meaningless prediction in October is :

1. Port Adelaide
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Brisbane
4. Essendon
5. Melbourne
6. Richmond
7. Sydney
8. Geelong
------------------------
9. GWS
10. Fremantle
11. North Melbourne
12. St. Kilda
13. Carlton
14. Adelaide
15. Collingwood
16. Gold Coast
17. Hawthorn
18. West Coast
Premiers Western Bulldogs
Improvers North Melbourne
Sliders GWS & Eagles
Disappointments Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn
Spoon West Coast

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ive grouped them:

Will play finals: Melbourne, Dogs, Port and GWS
A good chance of finals: Sydney,Brisbane,St.Kilda and Freo
Just miss finals touch and go: Richmond,Geelong,West Coast and Carlton
Next lot but could make finals but slim: Collingwood,Hawthorn,Essendon and North
Bottom levels of the ladder: Crows and Suns

So my ladder looks like this sort of:

Melb
Dogs
Port
GWS
Sydney
Brisbane
Saints
Freo

Geelong
Richmond
West Coast
Collingwood
Carlton
Hawthorn
Essendon
North
Crows
Suns

Can not split Carlton,Collingwood,Essendon and Hawthorn so ive got then right next to each other could be in any order for that matter. I just have Collingwood as top of this groups as im a Pies man thats all.
With cats,tigers,eagles just missing but will maybe spend some time in the 8 for some parts of the season though.
North will improve a tad along with the crows.
Suns for the spoon.
Both Saints and Freo to make finals for the first time in a long while. Just feel they are well over due for finals too.Both are on the way up.
Brisbane to drop off a tad but still make it.
Sydney will consolidate 2021 and make it and improve on their 2021 season.
GWS will shake off 2021 and re bound likly top 4 also Swans can make top 4 too.
Port should make top 4 too but need it to count in the finals this time.
Both Melbourne and the Dogs are the current front runners and should be top 2 in 2022.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
who cares who the team they support fares in finals... it does not take the validity of their critique away... please stop posting like this
Yeah just shut up mate. Condemn my posts but let the other guy run wild. He's been sooking about Hannebery getting hit in the thigh in every Bulldogs thread since 2016 thinking it cost them a grand final lol.

Apr 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Subiaco, Everton, SF 49ers
Where i'd expect them to finish next year.

Melbourne 1-4
Port 1-6
Geelong 1-10
Brisbane 1-6
Doggies 1-4
Sydney 1-8
GWS 4 - 12
Essendon 6-12
West Coast 4-12
St Kilda 6-14
Fremantle 6-14
Richmond 4-12
Carlton 6-12
Hawthorn 8-18
Adelaide 10-18
Gold Coast 10-18
Collingwood 10-18
North 10-18

So i guess something like this.

7-13 is pretty tight and could do who the fu** knows.

1.Melbourne
2.Doggies
3.Port
4.Brisbane
--------------------------------
5.Sydney
6.Geelong
7.GWS
8.Richmond
--------------------------------
9.West Coast
10.Essendon
11.Carlton
12.St Kilda
13.Fremantle
14.Hawthorn
15.Adelaide
16.Collingwood
17.North
18.GC
Having enough trouble myself doing these predictions in February, I can only admire the courage of those willing to have a go before clubs' 2022 playing lists have been finalised. That said I don't mind the look of your early stab at it. Main difference I have with it is I think the Blues can jump up into the lower half of top 8, probably in place of GWS. I think Carlton have got all the pieces: good spine, solid if unspectacular pair of rucks, good depth in defence and improved depth in the midfield. Of course whether can put the jigsaw together and instil some badly needed mental toughness remains to be seen. I agree with the concept of first part of your post, using range of positions, as luck with injuries and how the fixture plays out( in terms of actual 2022 form as opposed to 'on paper' hard/soft draw appraisals based on 2021 form) will have a big say in finishing positions in that group from 6 down to 13.

willydave

All Australian
Oct 25, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dogs right up there again.

As I said mid season, a lot rests on Dunkley’s shoulders (literally), I was very confident going into the GF the lack of match fitness for Treloar and Dunkley, whether that would have made a difference in the end I’m not sure.

But continuity will be critical to state the obvious, that is how Dogs will be able to possibly get an edge in midfield across the season. Need a better ruck and some decent key backs, I reckon they’re all protected by the midfield. I don’t rate Keath as much as others, Wood is done and Cordy et al need more support. The saving grace back there is the groundball and skills of Daniel.

The forward line is stacked. Such a good developing part of the list with huge room for improvement which has to mean that Wallis goes, and he would be perfect at a Gold Coast or Fremantle.

After all that waffle, I reckon:
Dogs
Bris
GWS
Dees
Rich
Ess
Geel
Port

Syd
Freo
WCE

I don’t really give a toss outside that.

I think Carlton will need one season of adjustment and I then have them top 8 for 2023.

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Not much will change with the 8. Laughing at all those putting Adelaide on the bottom.. below the likes of North and the Suns. I expect the Crows to win 9 or 10 games in 2022. We have to.

Melbourne
Bulldogs
Richmond
Port
Brisbane
Geelong
Carlton
Sydney

GWS
Fremantle
Essendon
St Kilda