Carlton
West Coast
GWS
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Adelaide
GC
North

I guarantee we'll be better next year if Gunston and Sicily both return to the side for 23 rounds. 8 wins* this season was our best case scenario.

New game plan, stars back and our best kids entering their prime. I'm anticipating between 8 and 11 wins.

*We won 7 games and had 2 draws, finishing on 32 points. Technically 8 wins in a ladder sense.
Hawks supporters are blind to it… still one of the oldest lists… might get better by a bit but nowhere near enough to be a threat… not doing anything with trades and picks… future of mediocrity.

Hawks supporters are blind to it… still one of the oldest lists… might get better by a bit but nowhere near enough to be a threat… not doing anything with trades and picks… future of mediocrity.

Isn't that what I said? Two of our best players to return to a side that finished 14th off 8 wins*. Why wouldn't the expectation be a bit of an improvement? The fact we haven't been able to make serious moves at the trade table only strengthens that view because we won't suddenly be missing senior players to get games into inexperienced kids.

In 4 years time we could be stagnating because of it, but that isn't what this thread is about.

Also feel free to calculate our list age. You'll be surprised once you remove Burgoyne, Hartley, O'Brien, Brooksby and likely Ceglar.

I reckon we'll bounce back into the 8 next year reasonably comfortably. A lot of key players missed chunks of games this season.
Balta missed 8
Broad missed 8
Cotchin missed 5
Edwards missed 6
Lambert missed 9
Lynch missed 4
Martin missed 7
Nankervis missed 6
Prestia missed 13
Vlastuin missed 10

Astbury now retired missed 5
Houli now retired missed 10

That's a lot of our best dozen players missing games.

1. GWS
2. North Melbourne
3. Sydney
4. Fremantle
5. Brisbane
6. Geelong
7. Essendon
8. West Coast
9. Melbourne
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Carlton
12. Collingwood
13. Gold Coast
14. St Kilda
15. Port Adelaide
16. Adelaide
17. Richmond
18. Hawthorn

1. GWS
2. North Melbourne
3. Sydney
4. Fremantle
5. Brisbane
6. Geelong
7. Essendon
8. West Coast
9. Melbourne
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Carlton
12. Collingwood
13. Gold Coast
14. St Kilda
15. Port Adelaide
16. Adelaide
17. Richmond
18. Hawthorn
I just can’t see GWS finishing first

They made the finals off a win in R3?

I would have thought it had a lot more to do with the fact that 7 of their 11 wins came from their 8 games against the bottom 5 teams (who we got to play just 5 times). Against the remaining 12 teams they won just 4 games.

We won 5 of our 6 games against the teams they got to play twice (with the only loss being our 9 point loss to Sydney, at the SCG), while they won just 2 of 6 against the teams we played twice, so if you switch the draws around, and we’d gotten to play 10 games against the teams we went 5-1 against, and they’d had to play 10 against the teams they went 2-4 against, we most likely finish at least two wins ahead of them.

Do you want to flip around the 75 point hiding we gave you or na?

1. Western Bulldogs
2. Brisbane Lions
3. Melbourne Demons
4. GWS Giants
5. Port Adelaide Power
6. Richmond Tigers
7. Carlton Blues
8. St Kilda Saints

9. Sydney Swans
10. Geelong Cats
11. Essendon Bombers
12. Fremantle Dockers
13. North Melbourne Kangaroos
14. West Coast Eagles
15. Gold Coast Suns
16. Adelaide Crows
17. Hawthorn Hawks
18. Collingwood Magpies

Risers
Tigers, Blues, Saints and Roos

Sliders
Eagles, Bombers, Cats and Swans

1. GWS
2. North Melbourne
3. Sydney
4. Fremantle
5. Brisbane
6. Geelong
7. Essendon
8. West Coast
9. Melbourne
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Carlton
12. Collingwood
13. Gold Coast
14. St Kilda
15. Port Adelaide
16. Adelaide
17. Richmond
18. Hawthorn
I'll have a double of whatever you're drinking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Brisbane Lions
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Melbourne Demons
4. GWS Giants
5. Sydney Swans
6. Port Adelaide Power
7. St Kilda Saints
8. Essendon Bombers

9. Geelong Cats
10. Richmond Tigers
11. Carlton Blues
12. Fremantle Dockers
13. West Coast Eagles
14. Adelaide Crows
15. Gold Coast Suns
16. North Melbourne Kangaroos
17. Collingwood Magpies
18. Hawthorn Hawks

I reckon Collingwood can make finals in 2022 its got a good feeling about the place since graham wright has come back too. I think Geelong will miss and West Coast.In comes GWS and Saints. Dont think richmond will make it for some reason depends all on Dusty he packs up and they will miss finals its all depends on Dusty. And Carlton Essendon and Hawthorn will miss again.
With the Pies they need to be mostly injury free for the bulk of the season to be a chance of finals though thats the key.

People are absolute silly people if they think Geelong won’t make the 8, you have had 10 years to get this right people
Cats will make the 8, but age is not their friend and they are likely to be in decline from their form over the last couple of years.

1​
Dogs
2​
Dees
3​
Lions
4​
Power
5​
GWS
6​
Sydney
7​
Cats
8​
Carlton
9​
Saints
10​
Tigers
11​
Bombers
12​
Dockers
13​
Eagles
14​
Suns
15​
Pies
16​
Crows
17​
Hawks
18​
North

I just can’t see GWS finishing first

North Melbourne finishing 2nd wasnt a bigger eye opener?

Honestly it's hilarious how people overrate their own side. The one-eyed-views really come out.

Yep. It happens about as often as people predict Hawthorn to finish last.

It's very hard for me at this point. Think there are some clear tiers though.

1. Melbourne
2. WB

3. Brisbane

4. Sydney
5. Port Adelaide
6. Geelong
7. Essendon
8. GWS
9. Fremantle
10. Carlton
11. St Kilda
12 Richmond

13. Gold Coast
14. West Coast
15. Adelaide

16. Hawthorn
17. North Melbourne
18. Collingwood

Really only convinced about the top two and maybe brisbane in third at this stage, as well as the bottom three. Very unsure about the rest as most will be looking to make pretty big improvements on 2021.

Last edited:
Adelaide Crows to finish 10th-12th. time to start making progress. bottom will just not cut it next year. 9 or 10 wins. book it in

I reckon we'll bounce back into the 8 next year reasonably comfortably. A lot of key players missed chunks of games this season.
Balta missed 8
Broad missed 8
Cotchin missed 5
Edwards missed 6
Lambert missed 9
Lynch missed 4
Martin missed 7
Nankervis missed 6
Prestia missed 13
Vlastuin missed 10

Astbury now retired missed 5
Houli now retired missed 10

That's a lot of our best dozen players missing games.
I don't disagree but next year you are going to have a chunk of those players on the wrong side of 30

Edwards will be 33
Cotchin will be 32
Martin will be31
Lambert will be30
Lynch will be 30
Prestia will be 30

That doesn't mean they are guaranteed to fall away but it is a big possibility

Add to that the below players who are all best 22 will be 30 or over next year too

Reiwoldt will be 33
Tarrant will be 33
Astubry will be 31
Grimes will be 31
Pickett will be 30
Caddy will be 30 (not sure if he is still contracted though)

I think Richmond should bounce back up but that is half your best 22 being 30 or over it is far from guaranteed imo. I can se why you guys have gone to the draft with a strong draft hand to start replenishing the list

I reckon Collingwood can make finals in 2022 its got a good feeling about the place since graham wright has come back too. I think Geelong will miss and West Coast.In comes GWS and Saints. Dont think richmond will make it for some reason depends all on Dusty he packs up and they will miss finals its all depends on Dusty. And Carlton Essendon and Hawthorn will miss again.
With the Pies they need to be mostly injury free for the bulk of the season to be a chance of finals though thats the key.
didn't you think Collingwood could still make the final this year after you beat us in round 13?

P.S I feel dirty disagreeing with the GOAT Mainboard thread maker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back