Prediction 2022 ladder after 23 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney were demolished in 2014 finished top 4 in 2015 before losing in straight sets
West Coast demolished in 2015 made finals in 2016
Melbourne 10 goal hiding 2000- 11th next year
Port 20 goal hiding 2007 - 13th next year.

Depends on a number of factors - reckon Dogs will be ok next year mind you.

Yep. Was just a lazy assumption. Just as likely to come back the next season better as you are worse off. It more about your actual age of players and experiences if you bounce back stronger or go backwards. Dogs more than young enough and had positive experiences in past with finals to not go into the shell and regress.

Melbourne fans acting like that grand final was our last chance for our ageing elderly team to win a flag
Beveridge should hold you in good stead, but it's not easy making top 4, which is obviously crucial to winning a flag, 2016 notwithstanding.

There's too much talent not to play finals.

My main queries will be how your group copes with being the only team in grand final history, over 120 years, to give up 100 points in a half and the fact that your ruck situation has barely changed.

Much depends on English.

Last edited:
Melbourne fans acting like that grand final was our last chance for our ageing elderly team to win a flag
It’s not that Bulldogs can’t bounce back but a lot of luck went your way to make the Grand Final and to be 4 goals up and lose as badly as they did makes it quite tough to have faith in the Doggies

I reckon the Bulldogs will drop out of the 8 next year

That kind of embarrassing capitulation in a Grand Final is hard to come back from

Understandably you sound a little scared. Any team that wants to win a flag will have to go through us.

Understandably you sound a little scared. Any team that wants to win a flag will have to go through us.
16.4.100 v 1.1.7

Terrified of what we will do to you more like it lol

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane Lions
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Port Adelaide
5. GWS
6. Richmond
7. Geelong
8. Sydney
----------------------------
9. Fremantle
10. Carlton
11. St. Kilda
12. Essendon
13. West Coast
14. North Melbourne
15. Adelaide
16. Gold Coast
17. Collingwood
18. Hawthorn

Best I've seen thus far. Although, I'd swap Hawthorn with Adelaide and then Adelaide with Gold Coast, and Carlton in the 8 swapping with Sydney due to Sydney's much harder draw - that'd be my order (I'd also have Dogs on top and Melbourne second, but that's a small change).

So basically:

1. Western Bulldogs
2. Melbourne
3. Brisbane
4. Port Adelaide
5. GWS
6. Richmond
7. Geelong
8. Carlton
9. Fremantle
10. Sydney
11. St. Kilda
12. Essendon
13. West Coast
14. North Melbourne
15. Hawthorn
16. Adelaide
17. Collingwood
18. Gold Coast

Best I've seen thus far. Although, I'd swap Hawthorn with Adelaide and then Adelaide with Gold Coast, and Carlton in the 8 swapping with Sydney due to Sydney's much harder draw - that'd be my order (I'd also have Dogs on top and Melbourne second, but that's a small change).

So basically:

1. Western Bulldogs
2. Melbourne
3. Brisbane
4. Port Adelaide
5. GWS
6. Richmond
7. Geelong
8. Carlton
9. Fremantle
10. Sydney
11. St. Kilda
12. Essendon
13. West Coast
14. North Melbourne
15. Hawthorn
16. Adelaide
17. Collingwood
18. Gold Coast

What's the reasoning behind the dogs being above my demons? :)
We smashed them 2 out of the 3 times we played them. and the 1 we lost, we pure umpiring debacles.

Their list is good but their backline is terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tier 1. Clearly the two best teams in the league

1. Western Bulldogs
2. Melbourne

Tier 2. They've still got enough premiership players around for another shot. Resurgent imo.

3. Richmond

Tier 3. These teams could finish in any order, but it will be the same story for them as the last few years. They're good sides. Just not good enough.

4. Port Adelaide
5. Geelong
6. Brisbane

Tier 4. Three really good young teams on the rise and GWS, who are just good enough for finals atm and will continue to be as long as they continue to stock up top picks

7. Fremantle
8. GWS
9. Sydney
10. Essendon

Tier 5. No man's land. I can't see that changing any time soon for these two. Carlton should be better but they're soft both culturally and mentally. St Kilda, while excellent at either end, are going nowhere fast with that midfield. Steele needs help and they haven't addressed that this off-season.

11. St Kilda
12. Carlton

Tier 6. The most advanced of the young rebuilding sides. Finals challenge not far away imo.

13. Adelaide

Tier 7. The old eagle is flapping desperately as it tumbles off the cliff. But it's not enough.

14. West Coast

Tier 8. Three rebuilding sides and the Gold Coast, who are just there I guess.

15. North Melbourne
16. Gold Coast
17. Hawthorn
18. Collingwood

Tier 1. Clearly the two best teams in the league

1. Western Bulldogs
2. Melbourne

Tier 2. They've still got enough premiership players around for another shot. Resurgent imo.

3. Richmond

Tier 3. These teams could finish in any order, but it will be the same story for them as the last few years. They're good sides. Just not good enough.

4. Port Adelaide
5. Geelong
6. Brisbane

Tier 4. Three really good young teams on the rise and GWS, who are just good enough for finals atm and will continue to be as long as they continue to stock up top picks

7. Fremantle
8. GWS
9. Sydney
10. Essendon

Tier 5. No man's land. I can't see that changing any time soon for these two. Carlton should be better but they're soft both culturally and mentally. St Kilda, while excellent at either end, are going nowhere fast with that midfield. Steele needs help and they haven't addressed that this off-season.

11. St Kilda
12. Carlton

Tier 6. The most advanced of the young rebuilding sides. Finals challenge not far away imo.

13. Adelaide

Tier 7. The old eagle is flapping desperately as it tumbles off the cliff. But it's not enough.

14. West Coast

Tier 8. Three rebuilding sides and the Gold Coast, who are just there I guess.

15. North Melbourne
16. Gold Coast
17. Hawthorn
18. Collingwood
Giants just about youngest team in the comp. younger than the Swans who everyone was gushing about last year.

Mate we traveled more than a 23year old British backpacker in the finals. When our fitness was on even terms we had you in our back pocket. Round 1 we will smash you off the park.
So round 1 win > grand final win

Am I doing it correctly?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Did you think Melb would win the flag this year. Reckon the Bombers have a good, developing squad. Might be 1-2 years too early but they’ll be thereabouts pretty soon I reckon.
You don't want this. We would be the most insufferable winners you've ever heard.

reckon i'd have your lads higher than that, particularly us

I don't think so, we'll get a harder draw and you'll get an easy one. The work you did in the second half of this year was impressive, Cunnington out hurts a lot but mitigated by Greenwood hopefully a fit Anderson too, add in the addition of CCJ which is massive for structure or Comden comes good which looks about time and add JHF to the side as well.

Rated Perez's work last year so he'll help mitigate the lose of Tarrant, plus Bonar being back. Also like the addition of Paul Curtis or maybe Spicer is ready now to upgrade Mahony. Practically no one bar the ageless Goldstein expected to drop off, but a lot of growth from the likes of LDU, Simpkin, Thomas, Zuurhaar, hitting those early prime years.

I see 10-11 wins, maybe more if you get a good injury run.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back