Prediction 2022 ladder after 23 rounds

Best I've seen thus far. Although, I'd swap Hawthorn with Adelaide and then Adelaide with Gold Coast, and Carlton in the 8 swapping with Sydney due to Sydney's much harder draw - that'd be my order (I'd also have Dogs on top and Melbourne second, but that's a small change).

So basically:

1. Western Bulldogs
2. Melbourne
3. Brisbane
4. Port Adelaide
5. GWS
6. Richmond
7. Geelong
8. Carlton
----------------------------
9. Fremantle
10. Sydney
11. St. Kilda
12. Essendon
13. West Coast
14. North Melbourne
15. Hawthorn
16. Adelaide
17. Collingwood
18. Gold Coast
Pretty respectable starting point for mine.

I think if I swapped Cats with Swans, Dockers with Blues and Giants with Bombers I’d be pretty content to lock that one in.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes, it's a crazy close competition but I am a bit surprised that so many people here predict Suns will win wooden spoon.

Suns had to play most games without a recognized ruckman after tall stock was wiped out by round 3. I don't count Smith in the second half who after PCL had not tank and could not move and was not even VFL standard. Suns were also forced to play King as sole KPF and finished the season missing 10 players from best 22. Yet, Suns lost 5 games by less than 2 goals and finished only one game behind Blues. Not sure why they should drop from 16 to 18 as Suns have one of the most talented list starting to mature. There is a lot of potential for growth within the team. Suns improved depth in the off-season and injured players will be back.

Not saying that Suns will play finals by there are number of other teams who should be better candidates for wooden spoon.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Meh, a development year for us, maybe two. So long as rich, carl, ess don't win it before we do.

Worry about the tigs but, could do one of those years. Hope not.

18) Hawthorn

Yep it’ll be fun watching you be useless but than again coming last gets you a good draft pick. Look at North, they are loving life atm.
Probably prefer hawthorn just hang around mid table forever.
I’m fine if Hawthorn want to perfect the Carlton doom spiral of the last twenty years. Bottom slowly building to about tenth only to promptly fall straight back to the bottom.

Hawthorn aren’t a basket case though so unfortunately can’t see that happening

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
My first ladder prediction for 2022

1. Melbourne
2. Western Bulldogs
3. St Kilda
4. Richmond
5. Fremantle
6. Carlton
7. Brisbane Lions
8. GWS giants
9. Sydney Swans
10. Geelong Cats
11. Essendon
12. Gold Coast Suns
13. Port Adelaide
14. West Coast Eagles
15. North
16. Hawthorn
17. Collingwood
18. Adelaide

If Port does go backward like in my prediction, it’ll be similar to Melbourne 2019 after a heavy Prelim loss to the eventual premiers in Perth the previous year

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings

1. Melbourne
2. Western Bulldogs
3. St Kilda
4. Richmond
5. Fremantle
6. Carlton
7. Brisbane Lions
8. GWS giants
9. Sydney Swans
10. Geelong Cats
11. Essendon
12. Gold Coast Suns
13. Port Adelaide
14. West Coast Eagles
15. North
16. Hawthorn
17. Collingwood
18. Adelaide

If Port does go backward like in my prediction, it’ll be similar to Melbourne 2019 after a heavy Prelim loss to the eventual premiers in Perth the previous year
Can I ask as to your reasons for Fremantle finishing fifth? Thanks.

1. Melbourne
2. Western Bulldogs
3. St Kilda
4. Richmond
5. Fremantle
6. Carlton
7. Brisbane Lions
8. GWS giants
9. Sydney Swans
10. Geelong Cats
11. Essendon
12. Gold Coast Suns
13. Port Adelaide
14. West Coast Eagles
15. North
16. Hawthorn
17. Collingwood
18. Adelaide

I am predicting something similar re. Port. There needs to be a change of coach I think as Hinkley appears to be a good, not great, coach.

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

1. Melbourne
2. Western Bulldogs
3. St Kilda
4. Richmond
5. Fremantle
6. Carlton
7. Brisbane Lions
8. GWS giants
9. Sydney Swans
10. Geelong Cats
11. Essendon
12. Gold Coast Suns
13. Port Adelaide
14. West Coast Eagles
15. North
16. Hawthorn
17. Collingwood
18. Adelaide

interested why you have Lions so low they were the only team to give a fight against the eventual grand finalists that’s with only one natural key forward who did absolutely nothing during the finals

Congrats on the win mate, but Melbourne wasn’t the youngest team in the finals.
Actually they were. Round 23 Melbourne had the 3rd youngest side in the league, only Gold Coast and Fremantle were younger.

That same side played Brisbane in the qualifying the following week and only one change after that with Joel Smith getting injured and Michael Hibberd came in.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
interested why you have Lions so low they were the only team to give a fight against the eventual grand finalists that’s with only one natural key forward who did absolutely nothing during the finals
They still have the Lions 7th. Not like they have them missing the eight or anything.

Angak

All Australian
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They still have the Lions 7th. Not like they have them missing the eight or anything.
Lions will be top 6 at a minimum, likely top 4. The way they play the Gabba will mean they will only lose 1 or 2 games at home.

Last edited:

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Lions will be top 6 at a minimum, likely top 4. The way they play the Gabba will mean they will only lose 1 or 2 games at home.
Things can change quickly and often do.

Angak

All Australian
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Amazed so many people rate the Dogs over the Lions.

Lions were the only club that challenged us in finals and if it wasn’t for crappy umpiring they would have played off in the grand final instead.

Not to mention the Dogs are soft as.

Looking for Dogs supporters to bite aren't ya ?

Exacting revenge for our GF lose won't happen on a BF forum. Unfortunately that will need to wait until September 2022. However most objective people if asked would prefer the Dogs list over Dees if given the option. I think even Dees supporters would prefer Bevo as coach over Goodwin. Those two things combined should have Dogs slapping around the Dees for the next few years to come.

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne

Exacting revenge for our GF lose won't happen on a BF forum. Unfortunately that will need to wait until September 2022. However most objective people if asked would prefer the Dogs list over Dees if given the option. I think even Dees supporters would prefer Bevo as coach over Goodwin. Those two things combined should have Dogs slapping around the Dees for the next few years to come.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

So most would prefer the Dees list over the Dogs but also Goodwin over Beveridge. How did the inferior list with the inferior coach win the GF then?

Back