Prediction 2022 ladder after 23 rounds

Fyfe has kicked 20 goals in a season once back in 2014, now he’s a 50 goal a year forward?

Played full time mid, arguably the best player that year and finished one vote off the Brownlow despite missing 4 games. Kicked really well that year.

Speaking honestly, he could absolutely dominate forward, even with his accuracy he could nudge 50 goals if he spent a good 70% of time up forward.

My first ladder prediction for 2022

1. Melbourne
2. Western Bulldogs
3. St Kilda
4. Richmond
5. Fremantle
6. Carlton
7. Brisbane Lions
8. GWS giants
9. Sydney Swans
10. Geelong Cats
11. Essendon
12. Gold Coast Suns
13. Port Adelaide
14. West Coast Eagles
15. North
16. Hawthorn
17. Collingwood
18. Adelaide

If Port does go backward like in my prediction, it’ll be similar to Melbourne 2019 after a heavy Prelim loss to the eventual premiers in Perth the previous year
Port didn't lose to the eventual premiers though

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Played full time mid, arguably the best player that year and finished one vote off the Brownlow despite missing 4 games. Kicked really well that year.

Speaking honestly, he could absolutely dominate forward, even with his accuracy he could nudge 50 goals if he spent a good 70% of time up forward.
He would need 200+ shots

Richmond won the next 2 flags after being embarrassed by Collingwood in 2018 PF after like 20something wins in a row at the MCG.

I reckon big finals losses are not a predictive factor, how is it any worse than not making finals and getting smashed in the last week of H&A or in an EF? Teams can bounce back the next year if they are good enough and have made the required adjustments in that offseason.
Not comparable

Tigers were beaten by 29 points with their star player being about 30% fit. Every bit of luck went against them that night except JReiwolts form

Port played at home, against a team that couldn't train that week and they had a primed, fit, full list. Then proceeded to be beaten by 80 odd points

Fyfe has kicked 20 goals in a season once back in 2014, now he’s a 50 goal a year forward?
If he plays mostly as a forward he is a very good chance

Absolutely. Will be one of the hardest match ups as a forward. Strength, speed, agility and leap, most defenders will struggle. I think the Dusty/Stringer centre square mid that pushes straight forward will suit him to a tee.

50 goals? Only 6 players managed to do that this year including finals.

don’t think you can claim him as 50 goal forward.

Absolutely. Will be one of the hardest match ups as a forward. Strength, speed, agility and leap, most defenders will struggle. I think the Dusty/Stringer centre square mid that pushes straight forward will suit him to a tee.
He is a much better contested mark than those two but not as explosive

Play him deep imo

50 goals? Only 6 players managed to do that this year including finals.

don’t think you can claim him as 50 goal forward.
Could argue he is a much better player than all of those mentioned

He is a much better contested mark than those two but not as explosive

Play him deep imo

He's not as explosive, but he'll still dominate that first touch and get it forward. Then it's about the additional contests up forward, not bombing it from 50.

Could argue he is a much better player than all of those mentioned

Fyfe is a superstar. He’s just never been a 50 goal a year forward, don’t think you can claim him as one

Fyfe is shocking as a full time forward and has just gone in for surgery.

Next to zero chance of this happening.
Chuck him in a Carlton jumper and you would be calling him a Coleman medal front runner lol

Fyfe is a superstar. He’s just never been a 50 goal a year forward, don’t think you can claim him as one
He could be was the call

He could be was the call

No it wasn’t, The poster I quoted Said “Fyfe as a forward is a 50 goal a year player”

Why stop at 50? Could be a 100 goal forward.

Melbourne could be even better as Tom Sparrow could be a 50 goal forward

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2005
Alberta
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers, N.A. Roosters
Updated now that the fixture is out:

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Richmond
5. Port Adelaide
6. Carlton
7. Geelong
8. Sydney

9. Fremantle
10. GWS
11. West Coast
12. St Kilda
13. Hawthorn
14. Essendon
15. North Melbourne
16. Collingwood
17. Adelaide
18. Gold Coast
There is NO way Carlton finish 6th after the Home/Away season! If Crows finish 2nd bottom with that fixture.. I’ll tear up my membership!

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
No it wasn’t, The poster I quoted Said “Fyfe as a forward is a 50 goal a year player”

Why stop at 50? Could be a 100 goal forward.
I had hopes some time ago that he could be the most dangerous forward among all top mids from his era with his marking. Didn't work out at all.

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Port Adelaide
4. Bulldogs
5. Richmond
6. Carlton
7. Fremantle
8. Geelong

9. Sydney
10. GWS
11. Essendon
12. West Coast
13. North Melbourne
14. St Kilda
15. Hawthorn
16. Collingwood
17. Adelaide
18. Gold Coast

Angak

All Australian
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Port Adelaide
4. Bulldogs
5. Richmond
6. Carlton
7. Fremantle
8. Geelong

9. Sydney
10. GWS
11. Essendon
12. West Coast
13. North Melbourne
14. St Kilda
15. Hawthorn
16. Collingwood
17. Adelaide
18. Gold Coast

Essendon, GWS and Sydney will finish above Carlton. There should be zero doubt about this. If the Eagles update thier game style to modern day requirements they should also finish above Carlton. I think some Carlton supporters think thier list is comparable to the Bombers and it's not even close.

Likely ladder
1. Brisbane
2. Bulldogs
3. Richmond
4. Port
5. Melbourne
6. GWS
7. Essendon
8. Geelong

9. Sydney
10. Eagles
11. Freo
12. St Kilda
13. Crows
14. Carlton
15. Suns
16. Pies
17. Hawks
18. North

Last edited by a moderator:

TheUnicorn

Premiership Player
Nov 1, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Essendon, GWS and Sydney will finish above Carlton. There should be zero doubt about this. If the Eagles update thier game style to modern day requirements they should also finish above Carlton. I think some Carlton supporters think thier list is comparable to the Bombers and it's not even close.

Likely ladder
1. Brisbane
2. Bulldogs
3. Richmond
4. Port
5. Melbourne
6. GWS
7. Essendon
8. Geelong

9. Sydney
10. Eagles
11. Freo
12. St Kilda
13. Crows
14. Carlton
15. Suns
16. Pies
17. Hawks
18. Cats
Did Geelong die?

Jack Green

All Australian
Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
1. Brisbane
2. Bulldogs
3. Port
4. Melbourne
5. Geelong
6. Essendon
7. Richmond
8. Sydney
9. St.Kilda
10. Giants
11. Fremantle
12. Carlton
13. WC
14. Hawthorn
15. North Melbourne
16. Gold Coast
17. Adelaide
18. Collingwood

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast

For fyfe to kick 50 goals in a season he would need more than 100 shots on goal.

Essendon, GWS and Sydney will finish above Carlton. There should be zero doubt about this.
Richmond, West Coast and Saints were meant to finish above the Demons this time last year and as late as Round 1 their premiership odds were half that of the Demons.

There is always doubt.

Back