News Lions kits and supporter gear discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
The AFL store also have the Maroon version of the Bears retro. Is the club shop getting same? Or are we going to have to send our money to the AFL store?
I noticed this too! I also feel it's a bit weird they included the Quit logo instead of a fitzroy one, but used the Bears head

flat_eric

Debutant
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hopefully we finally get better integration of the sponsor logos, but I'm not holding my breath. I reckon we do it worse than just about every other club. Although the sponsors we sign don't usually have logos that work particularly well with the guernsey design.

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
Hope Harris Andrews rocks these bad boys
1664768481982.png

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Moving the BBFFC for a sponsor makes me both really angry and sad. I hate seeing those nice little touches of history getting sold away
Our history is now confined to the never never regions .....an insult

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Smaller yoke, smaller and higher lion, and gold rather than lemon please NB.
Would like to see a richer more vibrant royal blue & a more purple maroon. The Lion & cuffs on the Majestic kits were too orange looking and on the Classic kits they are too yellow, something inbetween would look perfect. Hope the manufacturer logo is gold rather than white.

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How do we feel about the return of the blue yoke on the rear of the jumper?

I wouldn't mind seeing a darker blue and deeper maroon version of the jumper as well.
I always liked those heritage jumpers that had the darker blue and deeper maroon to. It seems some of the jumpers and merch in recent years is looking a pinky red or more removed from a maroon. If anything I think we should be going darker, not lighter on the marroon and leave the red for the Melbourne Fitzroy jumper which I like - the in between color is yuk.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
I'd be keen to see a smaller Lion, more traditional maroon and blue and ditch the collar and cuffs altogether, maybe just piping around the edges.

I've actually done a bunch of random design ideas -

Design using the members gear colours (navy, maroon and a deeper gold), and a clash using the training kit colours, but with the old gold clash kit sides

1665449436192.png
1665449480965.png

Some Bears kits for Qclashes and clashes
2022_Lions.png
An alternate using white in place of gold, and a secondary set using the maroon, white and navy colours of old Fitzroy.
Edit. And moving the BBFFC to the pocket (if we have to keep Hyundai on the back).
2022_lions_1122021.png

I'd be keen to see a smaller Lion, more traditional maroon and blue and ditch the collar and cuffs altogether, maybe just piping around the edges.

I've actually done a bunch of random design ideas -

Design using the members gear colours (navy, maroon and a deeper gold), and a clash using the training kit colours, but with the old gold clash kit sides

View attachment 1532589 View attachment 1532590

Some Bears kits for Qclashes and clashes
View attachment 1532591An alternate using white in place of gold, and a secondary set using the maroon, white and navy colours of old Fitzroy.
Edit. And moving the BBFFC to the pocket (if we have to keep Hyundai on the back).
View attachment 1532592
Noice. Hopefully the FFC logo will get a run too though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back