Not open for further replies.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
Blake Coleman is a slower burn. There are many promising signs, we need to give him another preseason or 2. Would hate to see him dominate against us when he is 24 or 25 because we didn't show the patience he might require.

Agreed. There are enough signs now to think he will get better, stronger and more competitive over the next season or two.

He has moments of very high quality AFL-level decision making and execution, mixed in with some lower quality, but slowly there is a little more of the former and a little less of the latter.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Prelims next weekend are Lions v Demons and Sharks v Suns.

Could be an all Qld Grand Final or even a Q Clash GF, if it's all Qld will the GF still be staged in Melbourne as scheduled or would they have the flexibility to shift it to Metricon/The Gabba, would seem senseless playing it in Melbourne with 2 Qld teams in it.

Please win the Prelim.
I'd love nothing more than a QLD derby in the GF.

Stick it up the Victorians, and give an argument to move the GF from Melbourne.
Don't lock it into 1 venue when there's 5 teams north of the Murray.

Please win the Prelim.
I'd love nothing more than a QLD derby in the GF.

Stick it up the Victorians, and give an argument to move the GF from Melbourne.
Don't lock it into 1 venue when there's 5 teams north of the Murray.

We'll do it for you

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1:10pm Saturday at Casey Fields
Will go need to find out how to get tickets as nothing up via link on ticketmaster on AFLW
Have Friday night tickets sorted now via friend :) So big weekend watching Lions beat Melb coming up
AFL - News, Fixtures, Scores & Results - AFL.com.au

1662341893300.png

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Ripper

Pink-cheeked and robust
Dec 21, 1999
Far North Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
Surely with 3 QLD teams in prelims it dispels the myth that the NEAFL was a poor standard. I was a regular watcher of VFL and NEAFL and always thought the NEAFL hate was a convenient excuse for underperforming clubs.

VFL of course was a higher standard than NEAFL but not by as much as was suggested
I reckon our 2019 NEAFL side would beat this year’s VFL team by 12 goals.

Surely with 3 QLD teams in prelims it dispels the myth that the NEAFL was a poor standard. I was a regular watcher of VFL and NEAFL and always thought the NEAFL hate was a convenient excuse for underperforming clubs.

VFL of course was a higher standard than NEAFL but not by as much as was suggested
NEAFL standard dropped away markedly after the top few teams. Similar things could be said of the current VFL, but previous versions of the VFL were much stronger..

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
If we manage to win v Casey we should be hoping for a Suns win in the other Prelim v Southport, IIRC there are different rules re availability of listed players to play the game depending on who the opposition is.

Against another AFL reserves side I am pretty sure you get to play more AFL listed players than against a stand alone club like Southport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back