Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated list position

1669782556976.png

And 2024 as it stands

1669783458008-png.1564958

Last edited:

Pies offering pick 41, so Mitchell deal may not get done as Hawks want a pick in the 20's... so we should be having Crouch discussions with the Pies.
If it does get done and O’Meara also leaves, with Shiels retired surely they need an experienced inside mid?

If it does get done and O’Meara also leaves, with Shiels retired surely they need an experienced inside mid?
Newcombe is their main guy, I’d imagine with more minutes they’d be hoping Worpel bounces back, they’d want to give Ward a lot of time. Plus Mitchell has shown he likes to put his kids in there and leave them there. So I’d be surprised if they feel the need to add anyone.

It’s absolutely criminal that we gave so many games to Rowe and Murphy as small forwards this year only to have them spud it up and barely find the goals..

yet couldn’t find one game for Newchurch who was kicking more goals in the Sanfl than Rowe, Murphy and mchenry put together..

anyone would think we weren’t in the middle of a fcckn rebuild.

now it looks almost certain that Rowe will simply be delisted.

what a complete waste of games that could’ve gone to another young player. Just disgusting and downright appalling list management.
rowe delist
newchurch delist excess to needs and too inconsistent
mchenry trade next year if possible
murphy delist end next year when contract runs out

they are all a waste of time now

mcpherson pay out
seeds retire unfortunately

brown and frampton are gone

why is everyone worried about list spots?
- thats five outs one in for rankine

23 or upgraded 23 - 1 spot
max michalanney- 1 spot
rookie upgrade murray and strachan - 2 spots

turner stays on rookie list
2 rookie spot or psd spot available with davis gone too

next year we will clean out the cupboard and have bunch of spots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that the AFL signed off on the Geelong trade for 7/Bowers, 2 years after nixing the salary off-load deal we had lined up with the Saints, is a joke.

The fact they signed off on it, at all, is insane.
Agreed although I think they said ahead of the trade period that they would allow salary cap dumps this year which is an improvement but probably also knew it was to favour Geelong further.

Re Dunkley, we'd be crazy not to bid on him if he went to the PSD and he was available at our pick.

Rumour but a fairly decent one

Dogs board have signed off on sending Dunkley to the draft

Do we take him?

Even one year would be good

0.001% chance we get Dunkley, but we should be balls deep in trying.

Big $$ offer, come and live with your partner.

Shame Dwan wasn’t given a 2/3 year deal with the Thunderbirds - anyone know if PSD ‘terms’ can include financial terms and “I’ll be living in South Australia for the next three years” terms?

His kicking isn’t perfect but bloody hell he’d be an incredible get - finals 2023 here we come.

[Dream scenario is someone takes Crouch off our hands and we settle with Seedsman this year, freeing up cash to splash on Dunkley. Then Philappou has told every other club over the weekend how his mental health is tied to living near his family in Adelaide and we knock this off-season out of the park]

Know this will not happen, but dream result would be...

Phillipou is still there late in the first round, we trade 23 and future 2nd to move up for Phillipou.

Match Michalanney bid.

Then take a young ruck in the rookie draft.

We need some Bailey Smith/Archie Perkins homeboy hints dropped pretty strongly by his manager.

The height thing is overplayed because it’s the trendy thing. Absolutely it would be handy if he was 5cm taller, but it’s not the end of the world and he can still be an elite inside bull without it. Miller (178), Neale (177), Merrett (179), Walsh (184), Parish (180), Boak (184), Adams (181), Kelly (183), Gaff (183), Sidebottom (184), Edwards (182) all made the AA team at similar heights to Berry (182).

Why not?

His tackling is elite all ready.

His contested ball winning ability is very good, with definitely the potential to be elite.

He is extremely hard to push off the ball and consistently breaks/stands up in tackles, and is almost always able to get an effective kick or handball away.

He has the ability to burst away from stoppages and I expect we will see more and more of this in the coming years.

All of these things I think he doesn’t better than Matt can.

His disposal needs improvement at times, but name an elite inside mid who you can’t say that about at times? He certainly has the ability to be a lot more damaging than Matt.

He doesn’t have the ability to find the cheap touches the way Matt can, but frankly, do we want him to?

Perhaps I’m being biased but I see him as an elite prospect. He’s arguably the best midfield prospect in his draft so far.

I agree that Berry is right up there from the 2020 crop, as there have been very few mids from that draft establish themselves the way that Berry has to this point.

Elijah Hollands clearly projects to have the best career of any mid from that draft, and what he produced in his first (and only) 5 games since returning from an ACL was pretty spectacular.

Archie Perkins has played a lot forward of centre to this point, but projects as a really nice mid into the future.

Will Phillips had his 2022 ruined by glandular fever I believe, but he could still become a star.

Pedlar is still a massive question mark, but has some very nice traits.

There’s others like Braeden Campbell, Tanner Bruhn and Tom Powell who have all shown flashes, but Berry is looking like crazy good value as a pick in the late 20s from that draft.

People who are underrating Berry will be pleasantly surprised moving forward. What he’s doing at the age of 20 is pretty crazy, and his ability to stand up in tackles and get clean disposals from stoppages as a result will be in the very top tier of the AFL before too long.

Much like Soligo in 2021, Berry would easily be a first round pick if the 2020 draft was redone today.

Here's my take on the List Management changes.
In: Rankine Out: Frampton and Brown. Not recontract Rowe and Davis (R).
Rebalance Main List by Rookie Upgrade Butts and Strachan. Make Seedsman Rookie. Be prepared to change mix from 38/4 to 39/3 prior to Draft
Have 3 Choices in Main Draft or pivot and select 2 saving 1 for Rookie Draft.
Turner hasn't moved the needle but invite to train over summer in the anticipation Seedsman remains LTI
Recontract Borlase and Newchurch as CAT B.

Here's my take on the List Management changes.
In: Rankine Out: Frampton and Brown. Not recontract Rowe and Davis (R).
Rebalance Main List by Rookie Upgrade Butts and Strachan. Make Seedsman Rookie. Be prepared to change mix from 38/4 to 39/3 prior to Draft
Have 3 Choices in Main Draft or pivot and select 2 saving 1 for Rookie Draft.
Turner hasn't moved the needle but invite to train over summer in the anticipation Seedsman remains LTI
Recontract Borlase and Newchurch as CAT B.

Can’t go 39/3, maximum is 38 on your main list.

Reckon the rest is pretty much on the mark, everything points to taking 23 and Michalanney in the draft.

Has the club made any comments regarding Seedsman in the last week or so?

Seems like the obvious move to move him to the rookie list and we take pick 23 and Michalanney.
IF Seedsman can't start Pre-Season training ......that'll be the 2nd block of PS training he's missed ....at 30+ too hard to play AFL & I expect he'll retire, rather than go on the Rookie list

He has another month to decide

IF Seedsman can't start Pre-Season training ......that'll be the 2nd block of PS training he's missed ....at 30+ too hard to play AFL & I expect he'll retire, rather than go on the Rookie list

He has another month to decide
He is not going to retire if his contract was back ended. Same with Sloane. Retiring forfeits the remaining part of the contract.

Back ending a contract for players going into their 30s is crazy management, but it's something I could have seen us being stupid enough to do.

The club needs to pay them out or they will be on the list.

I'm thinking it must affect the salary cap if we pay them out and there goes the war chest for signing any free agent next year.

If anyone knows how paying players out works, that would be good to know?

He is not going to retire if his contract was back ended. Same with Sloane. Retiring forfeits the remaining part of the contract.

Back ending a contract for players going into their 30s is crazy management, but it's something I could have seen us being stupid enough to do.

I'm thinking it must affect the salary cap if we pay them out and there goes the war chest for signing any free agent next year.

doesnt affect salary cap the payment is the payment except you have a kid on minimum chips on top next year.

sloane will play on as sub and captain handing to doedee i believe

seed will be asked to retire and paid out i think . we would have seen videos about his improvement otherwise from afc media. sad but

doesnt affect salary cap the payment is the payment except you have a kid on minimum chips on top next year.

sloane will play on as sub and captain handing to doedee i believe

seed will be asked to retire and paid out i think . we would have seen videos about his improvement otherwise from afc media. sad but
I actually would like Sloane as the sub for all games next year. It makes sense as he can fill a gap on half back or half forward if we get an injury and have to shuffle others around.

Give a youngster a full match in SANFL over a QTR in AFL as a sub.

No disrespect, but it feels like you're making a lot of assumptions about what's been done when you also don't seem to know what the rules are.

Personally, I assumed Sloane was front loaded to assist with getting him to re-sign (there were zero reasons for Sloane to accept back ending). Seedsman signed a one-year extension in 2021, only a few months before his head injury, so it's impossible that was back ended.

I don't know what's still accurate (as the AFL often changes rules) but there were articles linked in the past that said that early termination of contracts needed to be negotiated between both parties, and any monies owed needed to be included in THAT year's salary cap.

That's very difficult to do in most circumstances, which is why you rarely see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back