List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never Trade Walker, they can have Pick 4, Crouch and Himmelberg.

If JHF is that unhappy and wants to leave that's the best North can hope for

Best they can hope for is to sack Noble and hire Clarkson, fix the joint, and inspire JHF to lead their resurgence under a coaching legend and sign a 10 year deal at Arden Street.

Sure, except that's not happening.

So the real question is - do you want to keep someone so completely unhappy while you're trying to change culture? And what's realistically the best offer you can get?
I would have thought that this year’s pick 3-5 and Rachelle or this year and next year’s 1st would be fair, ideally with a mid 20s pick coming back.

JHF is still unproven, both as a talent and for character. We’re not proposing a trade for a contracted Sam Walsh.

I would have thought that this year’s pick 3-5 and Rachelle or this year and next year’s 1st would be fair, ideally with a mid 20s pick coming back.

JHF is still unproven, both as a talent and for character. We’re not proposing a trade for a contracted Sam Walsh.
I agree about the JHF stuff, but why would we want to trade Rachele?

Any trade that north allowed this year for JHF would only be on their terms.. they wont give a s**t what club he wants to go to out of the two SA clubs if asks to be traded home.

They will tell him they will only trade him to the club that offers them the best deal out of the two adelaide clubs.

And it will be a minimum of this years and next years first rounder. A minimum.

Look at what the crows offered north for pick one last year. North rejected it. That will be the starting point.

Who out of the two of crows and port would North be betting will give them the best 2022 and 2023 1st rounders?…

Sure, they’ll know what the 2022 1st’s from both clubs are.. and they will definitely be thinking the crows 2023 1st will be a better pick than ports 2023 1st.

Talking players is pointless because there is only about four or five players north would demand… TT, rachele, Rozee, marshall or butters.. and not only would neither club want to get rid of those players.. those players themselves would say no thank you to going to north..

Keath would have been a very handy player to have to ease us through the rebuild. Not the type of player that’ll win you games, but one that’s handy to have while a younger defender develops. Could have easily held a KPP post from ‘20 through to the current day. This is guesswork, but it also may have prevented us from feeling the need to select McAsey

Arguably the biggest blunder of that 2019 exodus
Do you actually believe that or have you been conditioned to believe it?

This idea has only really become popular in the last 5 months or so and now everyone seems to be believing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the young group North have, I'm not sure Eddie is the sort of president I would be looking for given his track record of overseeing culture at Collingwood, not to mention his multiple "out of character" comments in the media over several years.
Agree but that's the part of Eddie that nobody likes.

It's his vision, ideas, business acumen, deal maker attributes that North would benefit from. He wouldn't even need to meet the players. It's organisational, financial and strategic structures where he would help.

Over his tenure at Collingwood, he transformed that club albeit with some cultural issues which are best not dealt with by a Broadmeadows lad. Corporately, Collingwood have been very successful. They've also been very successful infield over that time as well.

I'm not sure whether Eddie would be interested in the least but the guy has some skills. And, unfortunately for him, not much class.

This is too much for a grumpy 19 year old. His on field attitude has reduced his currency in my opinion. He might turn it around but just now; reduced value.
Pick 6 and Josh Rachele buys me a proven elite player.
Jordan Dawson cost a high first rounder from memory. This talk of multiple first rounders seems like madness to me.

Just keep Rachelle out of it, he's not on the table

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

22 years old with excellent foot skills and two rising star noms - you would be expecting a top 35 pick at minimum
Top 35 pick! You're dreaming.

Posters really need to observe trade periods more closely, players like Scholl are traded for close to junk picks or a minor pick upgrade. Bookmark this page in case he does get traded out, the pick won't have a 3 in front of it, or maybe not even start with a 4

Melbourne's 2022 1st rounder that we held wasn't it, the pick 18 that netted the Swans Angus Sheldrick in the draft?

Difference is Dawson was uncontracted....
We gave the Swans Melbourne's 2022 first, likely to be pick 19. It was robbery for a player who had just finished second with a bullet in the Swans B&F. The threat of PSD was why we got Dawson so cheap.

Sheldrick was drafted with Port's 2021 first rounder that they packaged with Ladhams.

Port got Swans 2021 first pick 12 that Port used to draft Josh Sinn. Also looks like Port got Swans 2022 third rounder likely to be around pick 50.

Swans currently the only club with two first rounders this year, albeit not high picks. Gold Coast is dripping with second rounders.

Melbourne's 2022 1st rounder that we held wasn't it, the pick 18 that netted the Swans Angus Sheldrick in the draft?

Difference is Dawson was uncontracted....
Agree on the contract situation.

You were cautious pre-draft on his ceiling. Have you seen anything this year so far that justifies two first rounders? I feel for that price, there might be others to consider.

Please don't say "character". Drafting players based on character has gotten us nowhere. Dangerfield, Gunston, Davis all were supposedly young guys of great character.

Last edited:

No chance Rachelle is involved in any trade if JHF did want to come to us. He is one of the few players we have that is capable of turning into that genuine match winner that we desperately need.

We have one player on the entire list that is untouchable, and it’s Rachele. If we trade him then we may as well shut the doors down at Crows HQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back