List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall us trying Keath once at CHB and he was thrown around like a rag doll. Never happend again.
We tried it a few times - he had the worst one on one numbers in the AFL for a while there.

Had been much better in the role at WB, but if you visit their board you'll see they're absolutely crying out for more KPD talent. That seems to be their fans' main trade target.

We tried it a few times - he had the worst one on one numbers in the AFL for a while there.

Had been much better in the role at WB, but if you visit their board you'll see they're absolutely crying out for more KPD talent. That seems to be their fans' main trade target.
First rounder for Himmelberg/Frampton package...

I think the range for Sholl should be pick 19 - 35. Personally, I would prefer we keep him. We have put 4 preseasons into him and if we play him a bit more this year, will be hitting the magical 50 game mark early next year.

He has shown that at his best he can be a damaging player, as evidenced by his 3 Brownlow votes in his 7th career game and 2 Brownlow votes in his 12th game.

Hopefully we can keep him long enough where we have a good enough side that he will flourish in.

Its a bit tough on Sholl. I think other clubs could definitely see the value in him. IMO he has the ability to be a better version of Rory Atkins.

The issue is that he is the type of player that isn't a foundation or a building block piece, but a valuable player when you have a good team / right mix.

People forget how valuable the RAT was to us in 2017. In 2017 we were the #1 contested possession team and had Sloane, Crouch, Crouch, Douglas and Greenwood in the midfield. RAT was a complimentary piece to these guys and finished 2nd for inside 50's, 5th for rebound 50's, 3rd for goal assists and and 3rd for Metres Gained.

I think Carlton would definitely see the value in him. They are the #1 contested ball winning side in the afl. They have Cripps, Hewett, Walsh, Kennedy and Cerra in that midfield. They have two very good key forwards. Adding a player like Sholl to this team would be a fantastic move by them.
Completely agree. 100%

MORE because Keath is their only one, so what’s your point?

Bit of an insult to steak knives dontcha think… Steak knives are actually bloody useful.
Contrary to what you and several others think I believe Murphy is an AFL standard player...it's not his fault that the selectors have him pigeon holed as a small pressure forward. If it was up to me he'd be playing the Luke Brown role in defence shutting down opposition teams dangerous small forwards (the role that originally got him on our list) and squirts on ball....both roles he has excelled in prior to the small forward role.

Contrary to what you and several others think I believe Murphy is an AFL standard player...it's not his fault that the selectors have him pigeon holed as a small pressure forward. If it was up to me he'd be playing the Luke Brown role in defence shutting down opposition teams dangerous small forwards (the role that originally got him on our list) and squirts on ball....both roles he has excelled in prior to the small forward role.
It's mind-numbing that selection can't see the potential benefits of experimenting with a young list especially with p M Ayers on the fringe.

Rankine almost certain to re-sign with GC. Why would you leave a team brimming with talent and about to break out for the rabble that Essendon is?

If Rankine's only interest in Essendon is money, then we can certainly match that to bring him home. If Rankine ends up anywhere but GC or us, then we have failed big time as a club.

Murphy and McHenry are in the same boat IMO.
They need a new role as their current positions seem a poor use of their abilities.

The only reason I can think of why Murphy and McHenry continue to be played in their current positions is as defensive pressure players who play forward of centre. They're named at half forward because they need to be named somewhere on the team sheet. Their role is primarily defensive and occasionally they find themselves in attacking positions. They even get a chance to score. But their primary role is to help prevent the ball escaping our forward line. In some way, they are sacrificing their flair (to the extent they have it) for the greater good of others who have designated more attacking roles.

That's my take on anyway.

Murphy and McHenry are in the same boat IMO.
They need a new role as their current positions seem a poor use of their abilities.

The only reason I can think of why Murphy and McHenry continue to be played in their current positions is as defensive pressure players who play forward of centre. They're named at half forward because they need to be named somewhere on the team sheet. Their role is primarily defensive and occasionally they find themselves in attacking positions. They even get a chance to score. But their primary role is to help prevent the ball escaping our forward line. In some way, they are sacrificing their flair (to the extent they have it) for the greater good of others who have designated more attacking roles.

That's my take on anyway.

I think this is right. We've been playing negators forward of the ball for years, it's another structural imperative that has become ingrained. Unless you're actively tagging, it's difficult to be at the contest if your primary purpose isn't to get the pill. The best pressure forwards are, unsurprisingly, the best attacking forwards.

Priority 1, unless tagging, should always be to get the ball. If that doesn't happen, plan B is getting to the bloke that did get it.

Murphy kicking in the backlines

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't be against trying this if we are insistent on playing him at all costs.

He is clearly not a small/half forward. Perhaps he was a good junior mid but not at AFL level.

Petrenko was the same, played mid/backpocket pre draft but we shoehorned him into a forward pocket till we broke him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

87% Disposal efficiency playing half back/back pocket...nice try but no cigar.

So you are back on stats this week? I can't keep up.

Sanfl stats mean nothing to me. May as well quote his draft profile saying he is an elite kick again. At AFL level his kicking is under 50% this year.

Rankine almost certain to re-sign with GC. Why would you leave a team brimming with talent and about to break out for the rabble that Essendon is?

If Rankine's only interest in Essendon is money, then we can certainly match that to bring him home. If Rankine ends up anywhere but GC or us, then we have failed big time as a club.
O laugh every time I hear someone say GC ready to break out

How often have we heard this for only GC to start falling away again

Yes they may break out, but let's not start popping champagne corks just yet

If they were seriously starting to rise, they should have beat a undermanned Port last week

On CPH2211 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keath was a good 3rd Tall ....he's not nimble enough for the mobile tall fwds in the AFL at present

He does - but is seeking a trade back to VIC at end of year. I assume - like Docherty - he is expected to recover quickly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hill is from Northam 100km east of Perth, played for and was drafted from Perth FC.

His decision to ask for a trade to Essendon came out of the blue last trade period, probably because he was contacted by Essendon, the vacuum cleaners of trade period, which they always win LOL!

I didn’t have Clark top 10 in his draft year. It was his post draft stuff that seduced me.

I’m just not sure about your reasoning here. It’s as if slow players can never make the grade? As if Pendlebury himself isn’t pretty slow as well? You do need speed if you can create time. Speed is one of many roles within a balanced midfield, not the only one.

And I’m not sure some radio boffins not acknowledging him as a future star is evidence that he’s not. It’s very easy to fall off the radar when you’ve been absent ish for a couple of years. That’s what we’re discussing. There’s a few of us who believe there’s upside, and others who don’t. That’s fine. I think he’s a good chance to be a ‘top 3 on a list’ kind of player and happy to put a carton on that ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Save your carton Skippos LOL

His most recent facial injury, the result of poor reflex's & judgement .....it just happens too frequently to be dismissed as unlucky .....Clark will not be a star player, top 3 on the SAINT's list ......maybe Norths 🤣

1656897708099.png

Save your carton Skippos LOL

His most recent facial injury, the result of poor reflex's & judgement .....it just happens too frequently to be dismissed as unlucky .....Clark will not be a star player, top 3 on the SAINT's list ......maybe Norths 🤣

View attachment 1439307
He's a ******* midfielder, anyone that watched his Dandenong Stingrays games up close after the Nationals when switched to permanent onballer could clearly see that. Absolutely dominated and went from a dual sided running medium defender to a first rate midfield prospect....and went from a late 1st round - 2nd round pick to a top 10 pick off the back of that.

Last edited:
He's a ******* midfielder, anyone that watched his Dandenong Stingrays games up close after the Nationals when switched to permanent onballer could clearly see that. Absolutely dominated and went from a dual sided running medium defender to a first rate midfield prospect....and went from a late 1st round - 2nd round pick to a top 10 pick off the back of that.
Clark is not in the Junior U18's anymore .....any relevance to his AFL career role is long gone

It's like saying because Frampton / Crouch dominate the SANFL ......that it corresponds to the AFL Team

Mitch Grigg, Darren Pheiffer bring back memories ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back