List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid is terrible like Mcasey unco and deer in the headlights. You think he would make it on a top 4’s list? oh wait gws didn’t even want him. Time for us to clear out the list cloggers he and a few average below par players who I previously have mentioned need to go they are the ones stopping genuine talent from being on our list and taking up a spot.
When he was played as an insider he did ok. Against the lions when he was inside he got 27 touches, 4 clearances, inside the 50 4 times, 5 tackles and 1.0. Not a bad days work against a pretty good midfield.

If you put him out on the wing then sure he’s not going to make it.

He was an insider and forward as a junior and wanted to go to the Crows to be an insider. He showed he’s got the game and it was a shame they needed to recall crouch at that time

When he was played as an insider he did ok. Against the lions when he was inside he got 27 touches, 4 clearances, inside the 50 4 times, 5 tackles and 1.0. Not a bad days work against a pretty good midfield.

If you put him out on the wing then sure he’s not going to make it.

He was an insider and forward as a junior and wanted to go to the Crows to be an insider. He showed he’s got the game and it was a shame they needed to recall crouch at that time
Granted I would take him over crouch but if you look at it from a top 4 perspective neither of them are really elite or good enough to make those teams.
We need to stop trying to re purpose second hand goods and dump some of the tinder-wood off at the rubbish tip and draft elite talent. Im tired of us shopping at the salvos and repurposing crap hoping to pass it off as designer brand. It’s time to demand better. We have so many list cloggers it’s sickening. I don’t care if we are down for a few years but some of these spuds need to go and we need to draft elite talent. Not give average players that “try hard” contracts because we could use them somewhere to somewhat moderate success.

hey sorry to intrude lads, love the rankine pick up congrats on that, but does make me wonder whats the go with James Rowe we were into him a couple of months ago but nothing since has been said? any news on your end
Will be delisted in a few days time.

If they dogs want him, then they can offer us a future 4th round pick before the end of trade week, or sign him as a DFA shortly thereafter.

If they dogs want him, then they can offer us a future 4th round pick before the end of trade week, or sign him as a DFA shortly thereafter.
We will also throw in McHenry Mcasey and Obrien as a deal sweetener as well.

ah damn i thought he was always alright but to be delisted rip, i could see it being one of those deals that happen at like 7:29 tomorrow, i think we are in desperate need for a genuine small forward and he seems to be the only one on the market

ah damn i thought he was always alright but to be delisted rip, i could see it being one of those deals that happen at like 7:29 tomorrow, i think we are in desperate need for a genuine small forward and he seems to be the only one on the market
What about an annoying jack russell type player?? can’t say he is a forward but he will try very hard and get you a solid 12 possessions and 3 behinds a game, he was Pick 6 can you believe it what a steal!
Interested?

Hardly.

Sam is a great tackler for sure and tries to go hard at the football but he's not the player I'm talking about.
People who dismiss him as a great tackler aren’t being fair.

He’s got the core strength of a great inside midfielder, he’s able to shrug tackles and burst away from stoppages as good as any player his age.

He’s got the core strength of a great inside midfielder, he’s able to shrug tackles and burst away from stoppages as good as any player his age.
Take him over crouch and hately any day of the week for sure.

Take him over crouch and hately any day of the week for sure.
He’s better than that though.

The way he handles physical pressure when he’s over the footy, and once he has the ball is first class. He has all the characteristics of a great inside mid.

I doubt your timeline from what Justin Reid said in his interview yesterday basically said they'll see where things settle after trade weekand there would be no rush because they have to late October/November to work through what they're doing in that regard.

The way he handles physical pressure when he’s over the footy, and once he has the ball is first class. He has all the characteristics of a great inside mid.
Agreed it’s just his height that goes against him. We need a big bodied mid too many small/medium same sized mids (which isn’t bez’s fault) blame our daft list management peanuts for that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's ok.

I think he'll be a good player even.

He's not an elite midfield prospect that you ask to lead the midfield though. He will be a good member of the midfield group.

I can't ever see him making an all Australian team, which crouch has done.

I think he's ok.

He's not an elite midfield prospect that you ask to lead the midfield though. He will be a good member of the midfield group.

His trajectory is the key.
Only 2nd year player and has a defensive aspect.
Should build offensive weapons and his main one should be burst away from stoppages, he's got the capability.
Improved accumulation of disposals along with metres gained and clearances without sacrificing defensive side.

He' very unique so hard to compare.

Feel we need a really good midfield coach

His trajectory is the key.
Only 2nd year player and has a defensive aspect.
Should build offensive weapons and his main one should be burst away from stoppages, he's got the capability.
Improved accumulation of disposals along with metres gained and clearances without sacrificing defensive side.

He' very unique so hard to compare.

Feel we need a really good midfield coach
One that appreciates impact over stats hopefully.

One that also recognises the need for variation and looks at the entire midfield as a group that rotates frequently.

Most importantly, one that is looking to the future and not just respectable losses.

Jackson Hately could be that type of player. He’s got those skills BUT while the Crows continue to make him play to his weaknesses out on the wing and not to his strengths around the traffic - he’ll stagnate I think.
IMO ....has all the skills to play inside Mid .....but there's a dilemma ...if he's to play Wing, his physique is spot on, but if he's to play inside Mid (preferred) he needs to add 5 kg's of muscle ....that's the dilemma for Club & Player

Clean hands too. Core strength and being one touch are the traits of elite midfielders. I think he can go to another level in 2023

I doubt your timeline from what Justin Reid said in his interview yesterday basically said they'll see where things settle after trade weekand there would be no rush because they have to late October/November to work through what they're doing in that regard.
Whether it happens in a few days, or late October, the end result is the game. It's not as if we have any options whatsoever, but to delist him. The list mathematics just doesn't leave us with any room to manoeuvre.

Agreed it’s just his height that goes against him. We need a big bodied mid too many small/medium same sized mids (which isn’t bez’s fault) blame our daft list management peanuts for that one.

The height thing is overplayed because it’s the trendy thing. Absolutely it would be handy if he was 5cm taller, but it’s not the end of the world and he can still be an elite inside bull without it. Miller (178), Neale (177), Merrett (179), Walsh (184), Parish (180), Boak (184), Adams (181), Kelly (183), Gaff (183), Sidebottom (184), Edwards (182) all made the AA team at similar heights to Berry (182).

I think he's ok.

Why not?

His tackling is elite all ready.

His contested ball winning ability is very good, with definitely the potential to be elite.

He is extremely hard to push off the ball and consistently breaks/stands up in tackles, and is almost always able to get an effective kick or handball away.

He has the ability to burst away from stoppages and I expect we will see more and more of this in the coming years.

All of these things I think he doesn’t better than Matt can.

His disposal needs improvement at times, but name an elite inside mid who you can’t say that about at times? He certainly has the ability to be a lot more damaging than Matt.

He doesn’t have the ability to find the cheap touches the way Matt can, but frankly, do we want him to?

Perhaps I’m being biased but I see him as an elite prospect. He’s arguably the best midfield prospect in his draft so far.

Picks don't "disappear" when they are used for matching bids. The first pick moves up to the bid position, and any other picks are moved to the back of the draft (if their full value is used up) or moved back (if not all points are used).

Clubs can only take as many draft picks into the draft as they have senior list vacancies to fill - though this rule was relaxed temporarily in 2020 due to COVID list reductions. I'm not 100% certain whether or not the AFL will be enforcing it this year - they keep shifting the goal posts, saying rules will be temporary and then making them permanent.

According to the AFL website, Brisbane have delisted/traded out the following players:
Tom Berry (trd)
Mitchell Cox (del)
Dan McStay (FA)
Mitch Robinson (ret)
Ely Smith (del)
Deividas Uosis (del)

Cox & Uosis were Cat A & Cat B rookies, so they don't count towards senior list vacancies. Presumably that means they now have 4x senior list vacancies.

I looked at DraftGuru, to see what their list structure was in 2022, but DG is so dodgy that I don't trust anything I see there (e.g. it says Adelaide had a 38/7/0 list structure this year, which is complete garbage - it was 37/5/2 at the start of the year, then 37/6/2 when Turner was added).

If Brisbane were running a 36/6 structure, then they could potentially be taking 5 draft picks into the ND at this stage, with more delistings probably to be announced at the end of trade week.

In short, your guess is as good as mine. I have given up trying to keep track of what stupid temporary rule changes the AFL introduces, and then makes permanent for no particular reason.
AFL makes changes to draft points system
Nov 18, 2020
Under normal AFL rules, clubs who are matching bids for northern Academy, Next Generation Academy and father-son players are only allowed to use draft points from the amount of picks that is equal to the number of their available list spots.
But clubs will not be bound by that rule at next month's national draft after the League gave clearance for clubs to use points from draft picks even if they are not going to use the selections to draft players.
The AFL will revert to its usual rule next year, having allowed the clubs a one-off change given some had prepared for matching bids by already trading out future selections during last year's exchange period.

AFL makes changes to draft points system [portadelaidefc.com.au]

Really just a thought exercise.
I'm sure Brisbane didn't think SA born, Fremantle player Lachie Neale was going to chose them, but money does talk.
Neale's family is from the SouthEast and he probably only spent a few years in Adelaide for high school. His partner is a Perth girl. So reckon he doesn't have any strong ties to Adelaide.

Neale's family is from the SouthEast and he probably only spent a few years in Adelaide for high school. His partner is a Perth girl. So reckon he doesn't have any strong ties to Adelaide.
I get that. But Brisbane is the exact opposite of those two locations.

Money and potential success were the reasons he joined.
No reason why we couldn't convince someone else the dream.

I get that. But Brisbane is the exact opposite of those two locations.

Money and potential success were the reasons he joined.
No reason why we couldn't convince someone else the dream.
Also helped his best mate from his his junior days Lincoln McCarthy was targeted by the Lions at the same time, I believe this was a major part of luring both to Brisbane at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back