List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. I’m literally saying Narkle is a free hit… as in it wouldn’t matter if he played Peel, but he can play AFL.

We can create a squad that isn’t just 18 year olds through picks past 50.

Once again, as a DFA he seems a no brainer. I know I asked for 3 but just give me 1 other current DFA that we could target?

I’d honestly rather Jackson Nelson tbh.

Will Hayes and Liam Stocker from Carlton would be two other options.

Things may change but at this stage I don’t any talls that we’re delisted this year I think would offer enough for me to want to pick them up as a DFA.

At the very least I’d rather see us look to see what mature agers are available at our draft picks rather than going for players we know are nothing more than list cloggers.
Mature agers is the way to go, not interested in Narkle.

My point is that if we were to go DFA it needs to be an area of need.

Narkle?

If Will Brodie can not get a game for Gold Coast and did what he did.

I fully expect Narkle to rack up 35 touches a game and 2 goals if 12th in line for Cats mids.

A DFA. Brings speed… a classy nickname ‘sparkle Narkle’ plus an inside knowledge of Cats gameplan.

In terms of bang for buck, this seems a no brainer acquisition.

Thoughts?
Let WC have him...

Mature agers is the way to go, not interested in Narkle.

My point is that if we were to go DFA it needs to be an area of need.

Yea, I can’t see us going for a DFA unless there’s a truly bizarre delisting in the next month

AND they’re either from WA or have some other connection to the club (i.e. some player JL or one of the Assistants rated highly from a previous role).

AND they’re in a position where we genuinely have **** all depth.

So basically it won’t happen.

The only DFAs I’d actually consider are guys that were delisted one or two years ago and have gone back and worked on their games. They’re still delisted free agents as long as they aren’t on an AFL list.

Reckon this is where we've been going wrong as well as most

Geelong won their first flag in 10 years less than a week ago.

You only have to go back to the year before and Melbourne won which included going massive for guys like May and Lever. Huge payment made.

Tigers won 3 flags and spent a fortune on Dusty. Topped up on Lynch.

Finding a pay structure is important but Geelong isn’t the standard just because they won this year. Also all those blokes would definitely be getting paid in other ways, 100%.

Why would Port trade down? unless they are trading for a player.

Rumor is that they interested in Pickett and Graham.

No picks this year in the second or third round. Allows them to stay in the first round of this year’s draft assuming the Pickett trade doesn’t happen.

Amon compo (assuming it’s second round) will be traded for the Rioli.

Trade our a future second for Graham and it’s very good business.

Geelong won their first flag in 10 years less than a week ago.

You only have to go back to the year before and Melbourne won which included going massive for guys like May and Lever. Huge payment made.

Tigers won 3 flags and spent a fortune on Dusty. Topped up on Lynch.

Finding a pay structure is important but Geelong isn’t the standard just because they won this year. Also all those blokes would definitely be getting paid in other ways, 100%.
Apart from Ablett, Cats hasn't lost a player of worth.

They are doing something dodgy for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon this is where we've been going wrong as well as most

Yeah I can just see it now.

“Jeremy Cameron! David Walls here mate”

“gday Dave, what’s happening?”

“We’ll Jezza me old bean, we’d love you to come and play for Freo.”

“Dave, you know me, I’ll always listen to an offer.”

“How does 500k over three years sound mate? After all, we can’t have you earning more than Alex Pearce and Luke Ryan! You know how it goes…Jezza? Jezz, you there mate?!?”

“Beep…beep…beep”

Cobbler pushing Narkle harder than Swiggy pushing Schache.

Surprised The Office GIF

No picks this year in the second or third round. Allows them to stay in the first round of this year’s draft assuming the Pickett trade doesn’t happen.

Port are expecting an end of first round pick for Amon based on the offer

Forgot about Rioli.

Port gain pick 13 and Graham for pick 8

Fremantle gain pick 8 and lose 13 and F2.

I would do that.

Protects our F1.

Port are expecting an end of first round pick for Amon based on the offer

Personally I think our future second rounder (or Ports) would be considered slightly unders for a contracted Graham.

So I’d that happens it’s the compo for Graham and a future second for Rioli.

It’d really open up trade period for Richmond. They’d have three picks inside 20 and a Future 1st to trade for Hopper and Taranto. Not that I think they’re worth all of those but they’d have the currency available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back