List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

'WHY AXED EAGLE COULD BE ‘REAL VALUE’

Just days after being axed by West Coast, a former teammate has pushed for a club to give defender Jackson Nelson a second chance.

Nelson was delisted by the Eagles after 102 games, but dragged the club through controversy in 2022 when he was pictured out clubbing while the club was battling through an injury and Covid crisis. Nelson would go on to test positive to Covid after the nightclub fiasco.

But former teammate Brad Sheppard says he believes Nelson could provide some “real value” to another club if given an opportunity.'

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
Ryan Gosling Lol GIF
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Laughter Wtf GIF by ADWEEK

Last edited:
I've come to with a perfectly unbiased trade to obtain jackson before any other deal gets done.

Port: 13, melb F2 (or current 2nd)
Freo: Jackson, melb F3
Melb: 8, freo F2
Melbourne are trading Jackson, a F2 and a F3 for 8 and our F2?
Sounds great, not sure why we are swapping F2s which could be 1 pick apart again like they were this year.

Skinny, Not explosive off the mark, No tank and unproven at AFL level.

Sound skills.
No tank? His tank's alright from what I've seen. He often doesn't stop running through a game.

He does need to get some of the more productive running patterns down pat and be more assertive out there. Still plenty of time to get there with that.

"Explosive off the mark" seems a little bit of a nuanced category to criticise.

He's little lightly framed, no doubt, not insurmountable though.

Melbourne are trading Jackson, a F2 and a F3 for 8 and our F2?
Sounds great, not sure why we are swapping F2s which could be 1 pick apart again like they were this year.
Yes cos melb suck and I don't want them to get any value out of this trade.

Just listened to the Liam Henry part of the Colin Young interview. I wouldn’t be ruling out a trade just yet. On top of the stuff being reported he also stated:

They’re looking at the wing position for Henry following Acres’ departure.

What I found interesting was he then specifically mentioned rumours about Jeremy Sharp who he stated also plays wing and said it’d make things interesting.

I take it Sharp is not a Colin Young client and he’s very much in the dark about whether the Sharp rumours are going to amount to anything.

Just listened to the Liam Henry part of the Colin Young interview. I wouldn’t be ruling out a trade just yet. On top of the stuff being reported he also stated:

What I found interesting was he then specifically mentioned rumours about Jeremy Sharp who he stated also plays wing and said it’d make things interesting.

I take it Sharp is not a Colin Young client and he’s very much in the dark about whether the Sharp rumours are going to amount to anything.

The trick with this thought process is that Henry has a leather allergy and fails to get enough of said leather to be dangerous.

If he got more of the ball, he could be dangerous as he has the skill.

However that outfit (pink and white if I recall) to a Cottesloe recovery session marked his card for me. soft!

The trick with this thought process is that Henry has a leather allergy and fails to get enough of said leather to be dangerous.

If he got more of the ball, he could be dangerous as he has the skill.

However that outfit (pink and white if I recall) to a Cottesloe recovery session marked his card for me. soft!
The man has a fashion sense for sure, rocked up to the WAFL in a pink puffer jacket haha.

Fair enough.

I’m not suggesting that he is good.

I’m just saying we have spots to fill and we will likely target some DFA.

Supporters on here act like everyone we pick up must be best 22. I mean I get that, but if someone is cheap enough then why not?

It’s just pointless to swap Tucker for Narkle

If we wanted a mature back up mid we would just keep Tucker wouldn’t we ?

One of, if not the most popular and liked blokes in the playing group, from the kids to the seniors. Andy speaks the world of him… Wouldn’t be the case if he was a arrogant flog. Mercenary maybe, but I’d not blame him for taking the rumored pay day. And I bet most of the players don’t either

Can’t blame him. He’s played 60 games in 6 years and Clarkson (according to Young) is planning to play him up forward. I’m still disappointed and he’s now dead to me though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly.

Jackson I want done day 1. Then the rest will fall.

Lobb will be done last day Primetime.
Biggest deals always happen last... will go to the wire and melbourne will get the benefit of any value we get from the other trades...

Prepare yourself.

No I'm not. I've stated that I'm looking at what he's done over a number of years.

Current form also holds weight. Saying well he used to be average but he's been good of late doesn't mean he will be average or below average in the future.

Longmuir obviously disagrees with you otherwise he wouldn't have picked Acres all season. He's currently best 22 in a side who could have been top 4 this season.
Well it sucks Acres will be gone and Freo will get very little to nothing in return.

Sad thing is, acres has been solid as both an inside and outside mid.

Still... Justin Longmuir has found a good coaching system for the best 22 or best 23.

Freo played the 1st half of the season without Fyfe and we still managed to get 8 wins and 4 losses from 12 games

Nah, the top 10 isn’t much but that draft is stacked. Pretty much a super draft. Do a top 20 redraft and we got 4 Freo players in there with Brodie, Darcy, Ryan & Cox.
I meant the early picks, not the value ones. It’s almost an upside down draft.

If the AFL wants to bring Geelong down a peg or two maybe a long hard look at their salary cap would do the job.

I am very skeptical that all their stars have altruistically taken as big a financial hit as is believed.

What are the rules for other income streams?

Lets say the guy that owns Little Creatures is worth 100 million and loves FFC. Could Little Creatures sponsor Old Bull Young Buck for a million dollars a year, splitting that money between 2 Freo players?

Aish was an experienced player that fell out of the Pies on the final day of trade period a couple of years back with no prior warning.
Something like that would be ok this year too.
I would hope that we can add one mature age state league talent in the draft as well

Assuming Logue leaves we really need to find a Sam Collins/Alex Silvagni 22-24 year old key defender to cover an injury to Cox or Pearce.

The fact that Logue still wants to go NM after the turd-sandwich involving their prospective coach tells me all I need to know about the bloke.

Get On Ya horse and don't look back son.

Our offer is around $1.8M for 4 years. Their reported offer is $3.5M for 5 years. That's serious money.

'WHY AXED EAGLE COULD BE ‘REAL VALUE’

Just days after being axed by West Coast, a former teammate has pushed for a club to give defender Jackson Nelson a second chance.

Nelson was delisted by the Eagles after 102 games, but dragged the club through controversy in 2022 when he was pictured out clubbing while the club was battling through an injury and Covid crisis. Nelson would go on to test positive to Covid after the nightclub fiasco.

But former teammate Brad Sheppard says he believes Nelson could provide some “real value” to another club if given an opportunity.'

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
Ryan Gosling Lol GIF
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Laughter Wtf GIF by ADWEEK
I have to admit, that chimpanzee gif is hilarious lol

Another average year from Henry and he is in SPS territory. High draft pick that is off loaded for peanuts.

I can’t see his trade value going up from here. I wouldn’t be opposed to it.

Would want to get an actual small forward in if we lost him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back