List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not convinced. I read an article from an interview with Blakely last week that said he was holding onto hope that he would get another chance but hadn’t spoken to anyone. The interview also indicated that should he not get an opportunity in the AFL he intends going to relocate to Gold Coast to play VFL with Gold Coasts reserves team as he is good friends with Weller.
Good surf on the GC too.

When I think of Mitch I'll always think of this moment against Collingwood in 2020. The ability to land that kick perfectly in Schultz hands was just brilliant

Also loved this goal (again involving Shoota and Crowden!)

Will be missed!

From the same game there was a great moment in the third just in front of where I was sitting, Mitch crumbed it, shrugged off/evaded two Collingwood defenders to hit up Fyfe 30m out who’d peeled off the contest. Seriously fun player to watch when he’s on

I’d love for us to grab Allen but think we would need to get up the board a bit to have a crack. Love to see us make a play for Essendon a picks after the Ashcroft bid. Might help the sons with their father son pick.

Once Ashcroft is bid on our 44 become 40 and our 67 becomes 61. The dines pick 54 also comes in.

Would the below be enough View attachment 1536596

Oscar Allen is contracted to the eagles though and not in this Draft?

Anyone follow RCDs career. What’s the knock on him ? I thought he would have a solid career. Really liked him in his draft year.
Seems like a bloke who would fit in “Freo”

Anyone follow RCDs career. What’s the knock on him ? I thought he would have a solid career. Really liked him in his draft year.
I get the impression that he didn't get on well with Dimma.

Seemed a bit slow and cumbersome the few times I saw him at AFL level

I am guessing that live trading picks with Brisbane could get interesting.

They have a couple of F/S kids this year they had to get points for. Do they have enough? Will they need to trade in more?

Is it a similar story next year.

I’m guessing they are counting every point and if their kids drop I could see them trading out of this year to bank points next year. We could upgrade that 44 perhaps.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am guessing that live trading picks with Brisbane could get interesting.

They have a couple of F/S kids this year they had to get points for. Do they have enough? Will they need to trade in more?

Is it a similar story next year.

I’m guessing they are counting every point and if their kids drop I could see them trading out of this year to bank points next year. We could upgrade that 44 perhaps.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We'll be competing with every other team if that's the case and we'd want to ensure we have a clear target at the upgraded pick that we could land.

I'd be more comfortable if it gets to pick ~ 25, giving away our F2 from North and shuffling stuff around to still trade in a F2.

Just as an example. Gets to pick 25. We trade out F2 North and 30 to Pies. Receive 25 and F2 Pies. We'd also just get ahead of WCE who have pick 26... BUT it would want to be someone we targeted and thought would go top 20, otherwise no point and could find value for that North pick next year.

We'll be competing with every other team if that's the case and we'd want to ensure we have a clear target at the upgraded pick that we could land.

I'd be more comfortable if it gets to pick ~ 25, giving away our F2 from North and shuffling stuff around to still trade in a F2.

Just as an example. Gets to pick 25. We trade out F2 North and 30 to Pies. Receive 25 and F2 Pies. We'd also just get ahead of WCE who have pick 26... BUT it would want to be someone we targeted and thought would go top 20, otherwise no point and could find value for that North pick next year.
We’re not allowed to trade F2. We can trade one of our two F3’s or one of our F4’s or an F3 and an F3. The trading rules about having either an F1 or if F1 is out (which it is) then retaining F2/F3/F4.

I really believe our best bet if we are that desperate is a very small upgrade using an F3. The F3 allocated to Norrb May have some appeal, ie 30/32 + F3 for 29.

We’re not allowed to trade F2. We can trade one of our two F3’s or one of our F4’s or an F3 and an F3. The trading rules about having either an F1 or if F1 is out (which it is) then retaining F2/F3/F4.

I really believe our best bet if we are that desperate is a very small upgrade using an F3. The F3 allocated to Norrb May have some appeal, ie 30/32 + F3 for 29.

We can trade a F2 if we get one back… as was my hypothetical trade.

We can trade a F2 if we get one back… as was my hypothetical trade.
My bad - sorry.

I’d rather we keep F2 (North). We have no First round this year or next and need a pick that is reasonably early next year.

We have done a couple of live trades and also one just before trade night to get ahead of Carlton for Serong. The trade for NOD worked out well. The trade for Valente didn’t. I didn’t like the trade for Valente even if he did come up as hoped. It was too costly.

I can’t remember us doing any live trading last year. Just my opinion but reckon we’ll let other clubs cobble away. But if someone is willing to pay a high price for F3 (especially the North one) and a player is on the board that we want to lock away then all good.

I remember one year I was watching the ND. Can’t remember which year prob 2019. We had a really late pick that Belly was trying sell off for a F4. We rang around a few clubs but no bites and then we passed and there was only around 1-2 picks afterwards - it was very fanciful.

My bad - sorry.

I’d rather we keep F2 (North). We have no First round this year or next and need a pick that is reasonably early next year.

We have done a couple of live trades and also one just before trade night to get ahead of Carlton for Serong. The trade for NOD worked out well. The trade for Valente didn’t. I didn’t like the trade for Valente even if he did come up as hoped. It was too costly.

I can’t remember us doing any live trading last year. Just my opinion but reckon we’ll let other clubs cobble away. But if someone is willing to pay a high price for F3 (especially the North one) and a player is on the board that we want to lock away then all good.

I remember one year I was watching the ND. Can’t remember which year prob 2019. We had a really late pick that Belly was trying sell off for a F4. We rang around a few clubs but no bites and then we passed and there was only around 1-2 picks afterwards - it was very fanciful.
I agree on keeping North's F2. That will be close to a 1st rounder so we need some currency just in case someone pops up worth targeting.

It's funny how clubs & fans seem to haggle over picks 50-70 when they don't get used that much in the end or they just pass. These days they are lucky to take 60 picks total.

Trading someone for a 4th rounder is the same as delisting them from a club point of view.

I agree on keeping North's F2. That will be close to a 1st rounder so we need some currency just in case someone pops up worth targeting.

It's funny how clubs & fans seem to haggle over picks 50-70 when they don't get used that much in the end or they just pass. These days they are lucky to take 60 picks total.

Trading someone for a 4th rounder is the same as delisting them from a club point of view.

Even if there’s only 60 picks used in the draft each year I’d be willing to bet the draft order in 3-4 weeks will look like there’s around 80-odd selections.

In reality, after bids, passes etc they’ll be around 60 selections.

I reckon we use picks 67 and 76 as they sit now tbh. We seem to really like taking four picks, having done so in every draft since 2014, excluding 2017. In reality these two late picks will be more like pick 50-55 and pick 55-60 when we actually call out a name. Who knows we might grab a guy at Pick 52 that the next club really wants. That’s why it matters a bit - not much but a bit.

My bad - sorry.

Once again it’s why I said only if it was for someone we felt was top 20 and slid… otherwise no point and hold the F2 for next year.

Next years draft is also rumoured to be stronger + there’s some guys potentially out of contract and that F2 will have some implied extra value.

I’m content with the picks we have but I’m never surprised if there’s jostling and deals executed. Clubs clearly have their rankings.

Found this information interesting from Perth now:
“Speaking of trade tensions, Gold Coast was none too impressed with Fremantle over the Jeremy Sharp negotiations. Suns list manager Craig Cameron said as much in interviews afterwards but it’s believed there was also a post-deadline corridor showdown between the clubs that became a bit heated.”

Found this information interesting from Perth now:
“Speaking of trade tensions, Gold Coast was none too impressed with Fremantle over the Jeremy Sharp negotiations. Suns list manager Craig Cameron said as much in interviews afterwards but it’s believed there was also a post-deadline corridor showdown between the clubs that became a bit heated.”
I'm sure our guys are scarred for life after being challenged by the wilted lettuce that is Craig Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

Back