List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure about Zurharr either to be honest.
I’ve not seen much of him but he seems a bit hit and miss for a top 10 pick to be paid.
My sense is that we will end up with pick 12 or 13 and I’d be in favour of drafting a medium forward with pace and good skills. Something like Ollie Henry actually. That type should be gettable in that range.
I’m gone off trading for Jackson now. Cost will be extortionate and it still won’t fox that small and medium forward problem we have

Steely green in the top 20 of eDPS 🤔 interesting…
I didnt notice him much when watching the second half against peel but he’s playing league as an u18 for a strong team which is impressive enough

was 100% his worst game last week, even then he wasn't bad, which is really exciting for an 18 year old

Where does he play? Small defender it says on his draft profile. Something like Liam Baker?
Playing as a small midfielder for South Freo at the moment but has also spent time in defence. Uses his speed and clean hands around stoppages really well and if he puts on some size could be a first rotation midfielder at AFL level, even if he's on the shorter side

Playing as a small midfielder for South Freo at the moment but has also spent time in defence. Uses his speed and clean hands around stoppages really well and if he puts on some size could be a first rotation midfielder at AFL level, even if he's on the shorter side
Thanks Bastyy.
Who do you fancy as small or medium forwards in (a) the MSD and (b) the national draft for Fremantle at this stage.
What about munkara?

I’ve not seen much of him but he seems a bit hit and miss for a top 10 pick to be paid.
My sense is that we will end up with pick 12 or 13 and I’d be in favour of drafting a medium forward with pace and good skills. Something like Ollie Henry actually. That type should be gettable in that range.
I’m gone off trading for Jackson now. Cost will be extortionate and it still won’t fox that small and medium forward problem we have
Agree that anything in the top 10-15 would be overs, but it’s the fact he’s ready made and not speculative that makes it interesting. He does well to do what he does in a side that’s shambles. Exciting to think what he could do in a decent side like Freo. Two meat headed bulls running around in the 50 for Freo would great viewing.
Maybe what ever currency we pick up for Lobb could be used to negotiate a deal.
All love to speculate on draft picks, but he would offer more then Rayner at pick 1.

Last edited:
Thanks Bastyy.
Who do you fancy as small or medium forwards in (a) the MSD and (b) the national draft for Fremantle at this stage.
What about munkara?
I’m not quite sure on the MSD, I usually don’t venture outside of U18’s unless i’m watching a draft age player or someone who is being talked about already. Kim Kantilla who Chris25 brought up is someone who I am a fan of after going back and watching his full game vs Adelaide, I also like Hugo Hall-Kahan who is a 19 year old medium forward who would be right up our alley, but might go before our pick

In the national draft early on you have Sheezel, Munkara and Brayden George who are all elite goal kicking forwards. Munkara would be perfect for us and I hope we get a pick around his range. Later on you have guys like Blake Drury, Jack O’Sullivan and Charlie Clarke from Victoria, Seth Campbell from Tassie and Chase Bourne from our NGA

Plenty more names will pop up during the year but there’s just a few to keep an eye on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not quite sure on the MSD, I usually don’t venture outside of U18’s unless i’m watching a draft age player or someone who is being talked about already. Kim Kantilla who Chris25 brought up is someone who I am a fan of after going back and watching his full game vs Adelaide, I also like Hugo Hall-Kahan who is a 19 year old medium forward who would be right up our alley, but might go before our pick

In the national draft early on you have Sheezel, Munkara and Brayden George who are all elite goal kicking forwards. Munkara would be perfect for us and I hope we get a pick around his range. Later on you have guys like Blake Drury, Jack O’Sullivan and Charlie Clarke from Victoria, Seth Campbell from Tassie and Chase Bourne from our NGA

Plenty more names will pop up during the year but there’s just a few to keep an eye on

What's Pluggers nephew like?

He’s a similar level player that Nathan Wilson was when we traded for him imo. We got Wilson for a second rounder and change.

Let’s be honest though we were expected to be sh**e the next year so it’s not quite the same.

If Zurhaar is coming I’d expect us to use the picks we have (or will have if players leave) to somehow manufacture a selection in the early second round.

Steely green in the top 20 of eDPS interesting…
I didnt notice him much when watching the second half against peel but he’s playing league as an u18 for a strong team which is impressive enough
Around that pick 14-15 is Brayden George and Munkara, either one of them would be great in our forward line, and right in our current hitting zone

Last edited:
If Zurharr is gettable I’m paying pick ~ 12 and not even thinking twice. Sure ask North to throw us something else back like their 3rd or whatever but we’re at a stage where you can get to a point of over drafting… as silly as that sounds.

Our list is young. Zurharr is literally the exact type of medium sized strong marking and pressure forward we need.

Our first so long as not inside top 8 picks is easily worth it in my opinion.

Did I miss the intel. Is this a likelihood?

I’d say no tbh but it’s fun to speculate.

It’s critical to add more medium forwards to the list imo. We’ve got Frederick, Banfield and Sturt atm. For small forwards we have Walters, Colyer, Western, Henry, Switta, Schultz, Crowden. Walls has done well to add those most of those guys with late picks since we started rebuilding. It isn’t a bad group of smalls imo but we’re very much small and tall in the forward line atm with nothing in between.

There should be as many medium forwards on the list as small forwards imo. Time to start adding some. At least with trading we get someone who can contribute immediately rather than trying to rebuild part of our list whilst making the bottom part of the eight with our older players getting older and older.

Last edited:
Could Nat Fyfe be considered a medium forward?

He’s one of the best midfielders in the comp at his best and also one of the worst set shots.

I’d prefer not. Someone has to replace Mundy as soon as next year. Fyfe and Brodie would put us in the same spot as this season at least. One of Erasmus or Johnson comes on quick and suddenly our midfield is reasonably deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back