List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the west add something on top of that interview to make it look like WC.
The West Australian painting WC in a positive light? I'm shocked to be standing here.

Dees list management is speculative but they have locked away the 1-2 punch of Trac and Oliver for like 7 years, thats pretty bloody good to not have to worry about

If Fyfe and Martin are making 25% more per year than Petracca and Oliver then they have secured them for good deals as both could walk to contracts as free agents in that $1,250,000 to $1,300,000 range.

List structure averages put there being less than one player per team on that sort of coin - so having two will naturally cause a squeeze.

Why the wanting Zurhaar. ordinary, we have Logue and Amiss who will play that role
Have to respectfully disagree. Zurhaar is a proven AFL forward (Amiss is not at this stage) Up until 3 weeks ago Logue hadn't even played in the forward line.
If Zurhaar came cheap I would be looking to sign immediately. In my opinion he's better than Aish, Acres, Colyer and the other b graders we've traded in lately.

Also looking for a defender
Soooo like all our KPP stock...

I had thoughts you guys might value Lobb but with JUH coming on, Bruce to come back and obviously Naughton, do you think Lobb makes sense for you guys? St Kilda would be the one for me where he makes most sense IMO

Were did you hear this
the reeds in shadows are full of whispers that carry forth like a secret breeze. If you listen closely, you can hear the chirrup of frogs as they whisper in your ear "2 firsts for Lobb, 2 firsts for Lobb..." ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soooo like all our KPP stock...

I had thoughts you guys might value Lobb but with JUH coming on, Bruce to come back and obviously Naughton, do you think Lobb makes sense for you guys? St Kilda would be the one for me where he makes most sense IMO
Could use Lobb as a backup Ruckman

I really, REALLY don't want to lose Lobb. I feel that Luke Jackson is not an ample replacement (as much as I would love to have BOTH of them in the team).

We would be lucky to get a 3rd rounder I think for Meek. Should be trying to keep him.

Feel like rucks get traded for peanuts these days.
I agree he would be handy, but its hard to see him not getting offers from clubs where he could potentially be first ruck. That can afford to pay him more than we can. And if we get Jackson, having Meek at Peel is a luxury we can't afford.

I really, REALLY don't want to lose Lobb. I feel that Luke Jackson is not an ample replacement (as much as I would love to have BOTH of them in the team).
I'm happy to see him go if that's what all parties want, if we had someone replacing him that can score that 20+ goals we've got from him this year as our top scorer. I was told Jackson isn't a like-for-like replacement, so I'm failing to understand the logic behind this list shuffle. That doesn't mean I don't want Jackson - I do, it's obvious he will be an excellent player, but if he's not a big goal-scorer replacing Lobb with Tabs injury-prone history and Amiss/Treacy and Kuek being a fair way behind in terms of will they/won't they?! It's a big concern for mine, but I've said this heaps now...I'll shut-up on it for fear of becoming overbearing about it now!

It's up to the club anyway, and this season hasn't even been finalised yet. We might still win a Premiership, then I probably don't care so much hahaha!

Why the wanting Zurhaar. ordinary, we have Logue and Amiss who will play that role
You would find Zurhaar has a lot better record of kicking goals than Logue has and is a much more natural forward. Logue can compete and get the ball to ground (he couldnt against Sicily though) but he does not have a lot of true forward craft. Also Zurhaar brings a bit of mogrel to the team which we could always do with more of.

The West Australian painting WC in a positive light? I'm shocked to be standing here.
They did lead with the title Eagles Rock1 after their first win at home in nearly a year against the team one sport higher than them on the ladder.

Jackson coming to Freo seems like the dumb sort of decision that Freo would've made 10 years ago - paying everything we have to get a player that we don't even need. As good as Jackson is, we don't need a ruckman, and last i saw Jackson hasn't demonstrated himself as a star forward/ruck so having up forward would be a gamble based on potential. Sure he has lots of potential but paying so highly for potential would be a silly mistake when we've so patiently built our list already. The only way i'd consider this trade is if we lose Lobb to Melbourne, so maybe we could trade Lobb and our first rounder to Melbourne for Jackson, but no doubt Melbourne would want more than that anyway.

If Jackson was a demonstrated KPF star then maybe yeah. I can't imagine Darcy would be liking any talk of Jackson coming to us.

Jackson coming to Freo seems like the dumb sort of decision that Freo would've made 10 years ago - paying everything we have to get a player that we don't even need. As good as Jackson is, we don't need a ruckman, and last i saw Jackson hasn't demonstrated himself as a star forward/ruck so having up forward would be a gamble based on potential. Sure he has lots of potential but paying so highly for potential would be a silly mistake when we've so patiently built our list already. The only way i'd consider this trade is if we lose Lobb to Melbourne, so maybe we could trade Lobb and our first rounder to Melbourne for Jackson, but no doubt Melbourne would want more than that anyway.

If Jackson was a demonstrated KPF star then maybe yeah. I can't imagine Darcy would be liking any talk of Jackson coming to us.
It has already been said countless times we are not offering anywhere near the Sumich/Hagdorn number of $1.4m a year, it will be a little more than Eagles and Melbourne offer. The Dockers of old would have had no hesitation of offering the farm but we have different people in charge now.

Meek contracted means I personally think we can push for more than a 3rd but actually think about what clubs would be willing to pay for him.
Adelaide: Not playing ahead of RoB and Strachaan shows promise
Brisbane: McInerney
Carlton: Just brought in Pittonet recently, not an upgrade
Collingwood: Need to offload Grundy, not bring in more rucks
Essendon: Possibly, but Draper probably too young to give up on
Geelong: Yes? But have Conway developing who they supposedly like a lot and have shown they really dont value the position
Gold Coast: Witts with Andrew developing behind him
GWS: Unlikely with Preuss playing decently but possibly. Definitely wouldnt value him too highly
Hawthorn: Just spent on bringing in a Meek type player, unlikely worth the capital to upgrade
Melbourne: Possibly if they lose Jackson, would Meek want to go there? How long is Gawn going to be around?
North: Most likely if Goldy leaves, would add culture and a plug'n'play player
Richmond: Happy with Soldo and Nank I'd imagine
Port: Just got Teakle and have like 4 rucks on the list
St Kilda: Maybe if they want Marshall to be a ruck/forward, would likely prefer Lobb
Sydney: Possibly given how injured their rucks are and the age of Hickey
WB: English
WC: Would probably be interested but these things just dont get done for whatever reason

North would be the only ones willing to pay a premium if they lost Goldy IMO and would probably want to use a PP to get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back