List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF we get Jackson then we can try offload Meek and Lobb, should be enough room there for Logue

Hughes is one who is getting some gametime, might look attractive for opposition, probably on base payments anyway tho
100%.

With Jackson in there is no need for Meek.

Maybe use Meek as stake knifes in the Jackson deal.

Or trade out Meek to Geelong for a late second pick.

Can’t see how there is that little space in the salary cap that we can’t fit in two of Logue, Lobb and Jackson tbh.

All three, yea sure that’s probably a problem but surely we make enough space in other ways to fit in two of them.

I had assumed it was always about game time and opportunity for Logue. That appears to have sorted itself out the last couple of months so I don’t see what the problem is.

100%.

With Jackson in there is no need for Meek.

Maybe use Meek as stake knifes in the Jackson deal.

Or trade out Meek to Geelong for a late second pick.
Meek does become redundant if Jackson comes, but Geelong don't need Meek. They have developing rucks and they have incumbent options.

I know posters on here are bullish on Meek but I think he is borderline AFL-too good for wafl. That is, he is perfect depth on the cheap, a bit like Hughes.

Had this fb memory come up when WA beat Vic country in the u18's National GF in 2019...

Great seeing Young and Serong feature and now potentially adding Jackson...wowee 😁

How hectic was that pass from Young. He loves doing that even now haha

I’m confused, who is our backup ruck if we lose meek and lobb?

Back up ruck is perhaps not as important when Darcy and Jackson are already in the best 22 but we 100% need back up.

Not sure it needs to be as good as Meek and I would fully understand if Meek decides to look elsewhere.

Crazy suggestion maybe but if Strnadica is delisted by West Coast is he an option? We most likely wouldn’t give him games unless Darcy and Jackson are both not available so a good state league ruck that’d only be competitive at AFL level wouldn’t be the worst option. It’s been my opinion all along we’d have to go to the draft to relocate a guy that knows he’s going to be depth - with Strnadica that wouldn’t be an issue either.

A player at Peel that covering for injury to Darcy or Jackson needs to be a forward who can ruck more than a ruck who can play forward as each of Darcy and Jackson would play in the ruck ahead.

But you can make the case that if Jackson is injured Darcy plays forward and Meek plays primary ruck.

I’d argue that it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to have a guy that make us seriously consider keeping Jackson in his normal role if Darcy was ever unavailable. If he’s doing that he’s probably not the worst to fill in when both are unavailable.

I don’t think it’d be too much of a disaster having Darcy or Jackson in the ruck and a KPF rucking for 15-20% of the game, especially if only for a few games tbh.

Having a KPF rucking if Darcy and Jackson aren’t available could cost us a few spots on the ladder and therefore a decent shot at premiership however.

I’d argue that it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to have a guy that make us seriously consider keeping Jackson in his normal role if Darcy was ever unavailable. If he’s doing that he’s probably not the worst to fill in when both are unavailable.

I don’t think it’d be too much of a disaster having Darcy or Jackson in the ruck and a KPF rucking for 15-20% of the game, especially if only for a few games tbh.

Having a KPF rucking if Darcy and Jackson aren’t available could cost us a few spots on the ladder and therefore a decent shot at premiership however.

I guess it depends on whether you see Jackson as a ruckman. I don't.

I see him as a stoppage midfielder who can mark and drift forward to force a matchup confusion with the defenders.

We have an opportunity with Jackson to play two genuine key forwards, Darcy as the ruck and then playing Treacy in the ruck for that brief rest period for Darcy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it depends on whether you see Jackson as a ruckman. I don't.

I see him as a stoppage midfielder who can mark and drift forward to force a matchup confusion with the defenders.

We have an opportunity with Jackson to play two genuine key forwards, Darcy as the ruck and then playing Treacy in the ruck for that brief rest period for Darcy.
Jackson seems similar to a Blicavs type

C
Can’t see how there is that little space in the salary cap that we can’t fit in two of Logue, Lobb and Jackson tbh.

All three, yea sure that’s probably a problem but surely we make enough space in other ways to fit in two of them.

I had assumed it was always about game time and opportunity for Logue. That appears to have sorted itself out the last couple of months so I don’t see what the problem is.
Contract size and length one would assume. His management is playing the field to drive up his value.

This seems to be an argument that goes in circles with no ending until the end of trade week after the season.

We don't know who will be leaving or draft picks used for Jackson if he is even leaving Melbourne.

This seems to be an argument that goes in circles with no ending until the end of trade week after the season.

We don't know who will be leaving or draft picks used for Jackson if he is even leaving Melbourne.
Haha I think you’ve been around long enough to know this works on BF

You have to give something to get something if the Jackson rumours are true.

What do we think Logue is worth, pick 10 and $400,000pa? And what's Lobb worth, pick 15-20 and is reportedly on 700k? That frees up 2 first round picks and Jackson's salary.

Jeremy Cameron went for 3 x first rounders, 13, 15 and 20, with a couple of late 2nd rounders going the other way. Jackson is worth something similar, 2 x first rounders if one of them is top ten or 3 picks between 11 and 20.

I love Logue, but's he's best suited to playing 3rd tall. Chapman can fill that role, even Ryan and Young at a stretch. Trading Logue puts pressure on Moose to stay fit, but I'd rather trade Logue than Meek TBH simply because Meek has much less currency.
People talk about the Cameron trade with regards to 3 first picks but forget that 2 second round went back the other way.

The trade ended up Cameron, 24, 27 for 13,15, 20.

In regards to Jackson, he is younger.

2021 and 2022 first round picks plus whatever we get for Lobb should be enough.

People talk about the Cameron trade with regards to 3 first picks but forget that 2 second round went back the other way.

The trade ended up Cameron, 24, 27 for 13,15, 20.

In regards to Jackson, he is younger.

2021 and 2022 first round picks plus whatever we get for Lobb should be enough.

Cameron is a much better player - let’s be honest.

I’ve said this about the Cameron trade several times. Those saying GWS got three first rounders are kidding themselves.

If anything Jackson isn’t worth two first rounders and Lobb based off that. In reality we all know it’ll get very close though. Maybe if we upgrade our first in the Lobb trade and receive something else we’d keep that something else - that’d be about it.

Lol, I swear it's Groundhog Day, and I'm back in 2021, supporting a team that is now resigned to the fact it will not be playing finals, and thus its supporters look for new shiny toys to occupy their attention. Forget Jackson people, let's concentrate on winning games of football!

P.S I might just be saying this because I'm banned from the Luke Jackson thread on the Main Board D & T section. :drunk:

I’m confused, who is our backup ruck if we lose meek and lobb?

IMO our backup options if we lose both at the end of the season (and don't have Jackson):

Primary Ruck Role (ie. Darcy also goes down)
  • Eric Benning
  • Sebit Kuek
Second Ruck Role (ie. Lobb has left)
  • Brennan Cox
  • Josh Treacy
  • Sebit Kuek
  • Eric Benning
The reality is I don't see us getting rid of Meek unless Jackson is coming to the side; we would not want to expose ourselves to a young Benning or Kuek being a primary ruck for long if Darcy goes down for long periods of time. The flipside is that if Lobb did go, do we really need to over invest a large share of our salary cap into a Jackson to cover a second ruck role?

IMO our backup options if we lose both at the end of the season (and don't have Jackson):

Primary Ruck Role (ie. Darcy also goes down)
  • Eric Benning
  • Sebit Kuek
Second Ruck Role (ie. Lobb has left)
  • Brennan Cox
  • Josh Treacy
  • Sebit Kuek
  • Eric Benning
The reality is I don't see us getting rid of Meek unless Jackson is coming to the side; we would not want to expose ourselves to a young Benning or Kuek being a primary ruck for long if Darcy goes down for long periods of time. The flipside is that if Lobb did go, do we really need to over invest a large share of our salary cap into a Jackson to cover a second ruck role?
I think we’ve committed to Jackson a) because he’s really good and b) because we’ve known about Lobb leaving. It makes sense on paper, replace a forward/ruck with a ready to go elite young player. Would a pure KPF be better? Probably but they don’t shake loose too often

I think we’ve committed to Jackson a) because he’s really good and b) because we’ve known about Lobb leaving. It makes sense on paper, replace a forward/ruck with a ready to go elite young player. Would a pure KPF be better? Probably but they don’t shake loose too often
If I had of come to you Snuff and said before Mcdonald Re signed. Mcdonald or Jackson. Who would you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back