List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I haven't watched any of the game but I just checked the stats and this himmelberg bloke we're meant to be getting hasn't touched the ball in 3 quarters? Looks like a goer

Okay I haven't watched any of the game but I just checked the stats and this himmelberg bloke we're meant to be getting hasn't touched the ball in 3 quarters? Looks like a goer
And he just kicked a goal it seems.

Josh Kennedy would be a better acquisition than Luke Jackson haha

Because he was a defender and we had just drafted a key defender in the top 10 the year before, like just imagine starting your rebuild with back to back top 10 picks and using them on key defenders lmao. Plenty of defenders are often found with later picks.

Don't know why people keep bringing this up, Cerra was still a good pick.

Come on King , you Cesior were with me at Peel games and and all of us were amazed at Naughtons ability. We all saw him work both ends and were pissed that he missed Peels GF side. We all wanted him. Cerra was and is a dime a dozen mid. The draft is full of them.

I probably should've qualified my comment by adding that Rudy had the commitment to give the preseason 100%.

He'd be awesome if he was AFL fit and just what we need.
I completely agree. If he could lose 5 or 6 kg's he could be an absolute gun as he is super quick and explosive even though he's carrying more weight than you'd like. As he is 29 its unlikely there would be too many teams looking at him but he could be the ideal player to trial if we left one rookie spot unfilled.

Himmelberg is trash but ice cold goal when needed then smashed Redden in a tackle.
Watched him closely and wasn’t impressed. Must be plan F I reckon. One poster said it was a rubbish rumour anyway. If they were considering with due diligence watching that game put it to bed. He dropped simple marks, took an eternity to pick up the ball and get an handball out. Was essentially unsighted in the first half.

With Dogs looking like missing finals and us potentially getting back to top 4, getting the first pick (in any way) from the Dogs gets harder. I am interested to see how hardball Bell and co play and whether they legit just say we need Lobb and so are keeping him to contract
We probs still finish 5th. Bulldogs probs 9th. Bulldogs should win their last couple (GWS & Hawks) and Saints have a couple of hard games (Bris/Syd). Bulldogs still make the finals (eighth) if Carlton lose to both Melbourne and Collingwood.

10, 2nd for 14, Lobb

If we finish 4th:
10, 2nd for 15, Lobb

Doesn’t make a lot of difference.

We probs still finish 5th. Bulldogs probs 9th. Bulldogs should win their last couple (GWS & Hawks) and Saints have a couple of hard games (Bris/Syd). Bulldogs still make the finals (eighth) if Carlton lose to both Melbourne and Collingwood.

10, 2nd for 14, Lobb

If we finish 4th:
10, 2nd for 15, Lobb

Doesn’t make a lot of difference.
that would be the worst possible trade we could do. Its Basiclly trading a 40 goal contracted forward for a 2nd round pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched him closely and wasn’t impressed. Must be plan F I reckon. One poster said it was a rubbish rumour anyway. If they were considering with due diligence watching that game put it to bed. He dropped simple marks, took an eternity to pick up the ball and get an handball out. Was essentially unsighted in the first half.

Yeah I’ve honestly never paid attention to him. Today I did and he did very little. Caught caught a couple of times HTB.

Did kick straight and had one lovely pass.

Not much to take from one game, but I’ll back the recruiters to do good things.

That's pretty much as good as it's going to get

I’d be bitterly disappointed and shocked if that was the case.
He dominated, basically won us that game yesterday. Is critical to our team and is contracted.
I know I’ve said in the past that players “always” get their way but I can’t see Bell rolling over for a second rounder, late one at that. I’d rather have Rory pissing & moaning than coping a second rounder, and for him to come out next season and kick bags on us

that would be the worst possible trade we could do. Its Basiclly trading a 40 goal contracted forward for a 2nd round pick
That’s why the bulldogs finishing lower and us finishing higher is better but around the mark for mine.

10, 28 (or 9, 27) for 14/15/16 and Lobb

According to draft points calculator which I know is limited that trade is rating Lobb on points to a pick between 18-20. I think that is about par.

We would start out asking for pick 10 or F1 and get to middle ground. Bulldogs would offer 28 or F2. If the first round upgrade is a smaller margin like 14 for 10 then we can get a later pick or upgrade our Geelong 4th round pick.

My understanding was the best we were likely to get last trade period was 2021 2nd or F2 from GWS which we weren’t happy with.

Still think the Lobb trade will be linked with port and Dunkley in some way
Was thinking about this as well. Depends what sort of pick Dunkley gets. Essendon were almost offering the farm a couple of trade periods ago but his value has slipped. I have no idea what his trade would involve. Seems Port is one club after him but no way they give up a top 10 pick. Essendon no longer interested it seems.

Might be a second which we could then ask for in the pick upgrade scenario.

10, 25 (from Port) > Lobb, 15

10, 25, F2 > Jackson, F3

That’s why the bulldogs finishing lower and us finishing higher is better but around the mark for mine.

10, 28 (or 9, 27) for 14/15/16 and Lobb

According to draft points calculator which I know is limited that trade is rating Lobb on points to a pick between 18-20. I think that is about par.

We would start out asking for pick 10 or F1 and get to middle ground. Bulldogs would offer 28 or F2. If the first round upgrade is a smaller margin like 14 for 10 then we can get a later pick or upgrade our Geelong 4th round pick.

My understanding was the best we were likely to get last trade period was 2021 2nd or F2 from GWS which we weren’t happy with.
Bulldogs F1 is an interesting proposition. They surely back themselves to improve which might make it a bit easier to pry out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back