List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL site's indicative trade order shows we only have pick 13 this year, the cupboard is pretty bare to strike all these deals.
You can trade future picks

Also what deals? looks like the only incoming is Jackson and we have the capital for that, most of our deals are going to be players out

Lobb, Tucker?, Wilson (probs DFA for someone if anything), Meek?

Don't exactly need capital to trade players out

I rated Cam but the guy had his mental demons he couldn't beat sadly. I met him 3 or 4 times through a mutual friend and even though they were not for extended periods of time he remembered my name and what I did for work and what I was studying. Last time I ran into him with my other friend i didnt recognise him because he shaved his head but he remembered me. Don't believe what you hear about him being a dickhead because i thought the same before i met him.

If the draft was set today as of the ladder would you say no to pick 10 (11 due to Ashcroft) would you say no?

Likely trade becomes 10 +f1 + f3 for Jackson +f4 meaning we keep our first for this year.

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if we get 10 for Lobb in a straight swap.

I'd take picks 10 and 28 for Lobb and pick 18 (or whatever our first rounder ends up at).

A few teams have struck gold in the rookie drafts. MSD, and so have we with Treacy.
I’d be looking at mature age forwards across the entire state leagues.
Too many are doing well to ignore.
No point having Crowden, Blakely on the list when they won’t ever get a game.
So far we have Lobb, Mundy and Logue? Maybe out the door.
We could lose Acres, Meek, Tucker? Are Hughes, Wilson worth anything?

That's what shits me about the losses to Gold Coast, Collingwood and Melbourne. If the forecast looks miserable, and the track is a heavy ten then drop a Henry/Pearce/Acres/Colyer for Blakely or Crowden. And if you're not going to do that, de-list those blokes who have 0% chance of getting a game.

Watched him closely and wasn’t impressed. Must be plan F I reckon. One poster said it was a rubbish rumour anyway. If they were considering with due diligence watching that game put it to bed. He dropped simple marks, took an eternity to pick up the ball and get an handball out. Was essentially unsighted in the first half.

If Lobb and Meek both want out then we might need to resort to plan F.

Lobb / Tucker
Griff - maybe
Acers - maybe
Blakey - DL
Crowden - DL

All out the side, + Pearce , Tabs and Fyfes unavailability at times.

I worry about this off season losing the fabric and culture out of the club, especially on game days. Regardless of who wing bring in.

Cox, Ryan, Young, Brayshaw, Serong, Aish and others bring plenty of leadership on match day.

Why don't we keep Hamling as experienced tall depth should we need him in the next couple of years, particularly at the pointy end of the season. Better than swapping him out for some other rookie that will only get delisted 2 years later anyway.

Schofield was brought in for the 2018 GF and was one of the most important players on the ground. I would put forward that they wouldn't have won without him. My Eagles friends (yes, i know) were gushing over his performance. Better than playing some bright and shiny 18yo who gets toweled up.

I don't think the club will be pushing Hamling out the door, but he's probably 8th/9th/10th in our batting order for defenders so if another club desperate for talls offer him more money and a higher probability of being best 22 he'd be crazy to stay.

The more Lobb performs the more I'm leaning towards the more optimistic of you on the the Lobb / Jackson situations.

IF Lobb gets traded, and I'm leaning more towards he doesnt, then I think Dogs are just prepared to burn draft capital on established talent, therefore, the "overs" (for market value anyway), we get on Lobb means Jackson would effectively cost "only" Lobb and a first.

If anyone is in the position to burn draft capital on a required player, it's the Dogs with their JUH and Darcy pick ups the last few years.

If Lobb doesnt get traded, Melbourne kick up a stink all trade period about our two shitty first round picks but begrudgingly accept in the end.

What % would you say Lobb's at Fremantle next season? I think 10%. How often does a player request a trade 2 years in a row and not get traded?

If we burn Colin Young 2 years in a row it creates all sorts of issues.

Lobb's gone.

Bryce Gibbs is the one that comes to mind for players that left their club after asking for a trade two seasons in a row when the first request came with two years remaining on a contract. Ended up being traded around 28 years old (thereabouts) with a year to go on his deal when you cut away the swapping of picks and the swapping of future picks in the same round for:

Gibbs + Future 3rd for Pick #10 and #16

The entire deal was: Gibbs, Pick #77, Future 2nd and Future 3rd for Pick #10, #16, #73 and Future Second

The parallels between Adelaide and the Dogs are quite strong too. They were chasing Gibbs at the end of 2016, made a grand final in 2017 and were thoroughly embarrassed, believing they were a missing piece away from going that extra step.

Gibbs was a superstar … but on the decline

Lobb is not a superstar … but at 207cm has taken ages to hit his straps, and looks to be in stellar form.

The very tall players seem to take an eternity to be valuable. I mean look at Darcy Cameron. There are heaps of examples of rucks / key positions improving late in the their 20s and maintaining that form well into their 30s.

I heard on the SENSA radio that apparently Brennan Cox is going to request a trade to Adelaide. I was shocked to hear this rumour. I thought he was happy and part of the furniture in the Freo Backline.

Any truth to this? Is he contracted?

I heard on the SENSA radio that apparently Brennan Cox is going to request a trade to Adelaide. I was shocked to hear this rumour. I thought he was happy and part of the furniture in the Freo Backline.

No way the get Cox and rankine.

Swap with port for George…. Logue stays.

Seems highly unlikely, contracted to 2024 with the extension he signed late last year.
Unless there's some serious personal reasons you'd think Freo would shut it down, otherwise it would cost a bucketload.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brennan Cox signed on until the end of 2022 in September 2020, fourteen months later extended his contract to 2024.

Adelaide don't have enough first round picks

Wait…

This isn’t the same guy that said we were looking at himmelberg was it?

I'd be interested in hearing a soundbit if you have one, I'm pretty sure the dude loves it here AND there's just no way we would trade him even it was true

Went to the Adelaide board to see if they'd heard anything about it but they were busy devising ways to get both JHF AND Rankine...

Im Out GIF

What % would you say Lobb's at Fremantle next season? I think 10%. How often does a player request a trade 2 years in a row and not get traded?

If we burn Colin Young 2 years in a row it creates all sorts of issues.

Lobb's gone.
I hope the club tells Colon to * off for all I care about the piece of dog turd. I'm not even sure Lobb properly requested a trade as much as Young saw an opportunity to give his fat mug some air time.

This year I think this is a bit more of a special circumstance then normal where Lobb is going to be so much more highly rated by us compared to others that there is a real chance it cant get done. I'd go 50/50 at this stage

Unless some s**t has gone down or they're offering him crazy money then I can't see anyway this is true.

Signed an early extension in the off season, bought a house a few months ago, wa girl etc.

Who said it?

he's just brought a house in perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back